Any mums of teenage girls in here?

FiNZ

Lucky mum of 4 darlings!
Reaction score
The parenting threads don't seem to get much activity, so posting in here.

Are there any mums in here who have teenage girls?

Is it just me or are they selfish, temperamental brats at times? I am so stressed. I'm throwing up every day (have never had third trimester sickness before - this is my 4th pregnancy) and to add to that, I have a daughter who I think thinks the whole world revolves around her. It's so hard. :cry:

I don't but I was one not too long ago and yes, we are but we grow up and if she's anything like me she'll be your best friend in a few years :hugs:

I have a girl that just turned 16. She rarely gets attitude, but she isnt the typical teen at all. I'm very lucky...my almost 14 yr old son gives me a run for my money at times though.

I live with my 15 year old sister and she is being selfish, greedy and generally vile atm. It's totally out if character for her and she has moments when she's her old self but she's horrible right now!!! I remember being her age and just as vile. I'm lovely now though and me and my mum have a great relationship (it couldn't be better actually) so don't worry, it will pass. It's hard to deal with when ur pregnant though. I just want to smash her face in sometimes lol (not that I ever would). She's just pushing the boundaries again (like the terrible twos) so correct her so she knows she's in the wrong but also realise it's partly hormonal, partly becoming an adult and not knowing who you are yet and partly trying to get her own way!!! She will be fine :)

My eldest is 15. She's been ok for last few weeks but my god that girl drives me insane somedays. Selfish mouthy know it all who is prone to attract trouble just by existing. She spent most of summer holidays grounded cos she presumed she was an adult and she needed reminding that she isn't.

Cant say my 12 year old son is any better at times cos he is evil with that tongue of his. For example he told me I had to woman up and stop moaning about being pregnant. I wanted the baby so deal with it. Needless to say he got his ps3 removed for a while for that

Lots of sympathy coming from me :)

Ohhh how familar! I have a 14 year old who has an attiude as weel. She rolls her eyes and whenever I ask her to do something to help me with my 4 year old she says " Shes your kid not mine!"

It's the hormones! My son will be 17 in a few weeks, but he went through puberty really young (started having to shave his beard in 4th grade!), and he was just terrible for a few years. I had no idea what to do with him at times, and I felt lucky because he really is a very good kid. Now, that his hormones have mellowed the past year or so, he is really helpful and I do not know what I would do without him. Doesn't even seem like the same kid. Both my kids have been so wonderful to me since I became pregnant, and they are much nicer than most women's dhs. lol. Just give it time and those demonic acting creatures will return to their normal selves again. Think of them as a never ending bad pms or pregnancy hormone overload. (Trying to relate helps to lighten the desire to strangle them.)
I feel sorry for you, though. I do know how you feel and I am not looking forward to going through it again with both my dds. Hugs!

man I hate to seem mean but you ladies are making me feel good! I hate that you are all dealing with teens that are being disrespectful. I cant even imagine. My daughter does the occasional eye roll but its rare. Both kids have been so helpful, my daughter gives me pedicures and has offered to start shaving my legs for me since I cant reach. My son puts my shoes on for me and helps with other stuff too. Hopefully they start acting better for you guys, I know I really appreciate the help from my kiddos.

Thanks for all the replies!! I feel a lot more reassured that she'll come right in time. I could write such a long list of things to moan about, but I feel so disloyal. But I realise that mothers (and teens) on here will understand how I'm feeling, even if I don't list everything that's been going on and that she's said. Really it's just one horrible attitude that she has, unless of course she is getting things her way, and I hate feeling as though we don't matter as much to her as her friends matter.

Autumntx, you are really lucky!!

I work with 13-17 years olds. Dont beat yourself up too much, its 100% hormones, nothing to do with you or how she is as a person.

I work with 13-17 years olds. Dont beat yourself up too much, its 100% hormones, nothing to do with you or how she is as a person.

Thanks, I'll definitely try to remind myself of that when things get tough!

Strangely enough, we've had a good week this week, so now I feel guilty that I posted this!! BUT ... this has been one good one out of many not-so-good ones! She seems to be a bit more communicative this week. I HATE facebook and laptops and mobile phones. They take so much away from families when teens get addicted to them! x

Glad you're having a better week :) my mum and sister had a row over £2 the other night!!! My sisters been unreasonable about a lot lately and mum's been crying to me this week saying she feels really hurt by the way my sisters being. She's calming down a bit though (also coming off her period so maybe that's helped) but I do feel sorry for mum. When I move out (hopefully my flat will be ready soon!!!!) then mum won't have me to vent at so easily. I'll have them both ringing me about the other!! Families!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->