Any mums who work shifts?

bellaloo

Reaction score
I have 2 children 3 and 1 and i am looking at a potential job but before i decide i need to figure out whats best for me and my children. It will be shift work but hopefully 2 days a week but as i dont get to chose what days i cant send them to school on set days. Any other mums work shifts and who has your children/child. Thanks :) x

Yep I work shifts, the days and times change each week, although I usually do late shifts (3-11) I'm lucky in that hubby also works at the same place so I try to work one of his days off and my manager will always change my shifts if need be I have two babysitters and just have to work everything on a week by week basis, it's tricky but doable xx

Yip I work shifts.

I work 18.5 hours a week and they are not set. This week for example I worker 7-4 both yesterday and today, next week im working Tuesday 7-4 and nightshift Friday.
The 7-4 shifts are actually quite unusual, I mostly do lates and nights

We are in a very fortunate position though where OH can work around my shifts, so he has LO. Any odd few hours we need help, a relative who is a childminder takes him.

It depends on how many hours also whether it covers night and day shift .... Also bearing in mind you will have to cover bank holidays / w/e and Xmas :-( also u might not get a option to decide your holidays (usually if other people will swap with you which is not guanteed)

I worked 13.5 hours covering night and day 365 days per year - every day - if I'd have the choice exhaustion and lack of flexibility I'd defo go for a standard 9-5 role so much easier ! Also bearing in mind if your shift starts at 7am the earliest nursery I found was 8am .... So can be really tricky !!!!!

i do too. Im a certified nursing assistant and i work from 6 am to 630 pm three days a week. It is very hard for daycare because my days shift. Meaning almost no daycare providers want to take my kids because there is not for sure days. Most daycares dont run on weekends ( at least here where im from) then they dont open until 8am. My dh can drop them off and pic them up after he gets out from work. If we have no daycare it i very difficult im having to try to have my boss schedule me the same days every week or begging family to watch them. I have 3 kids 4, 1 and 6 weeks.

I'm a support worker and work evenings through the week and weekends. And quite often a sleepover night shift on Saturday night. It's tiring...some nights it's 11 when I get home and it's late after I wind down. It's our only option now, we share the childcare. As I was working different days each week, we couldn't afford to pay for childcare on days he wasn't there.

I work shifts part-time... I thought all work apart from self employed was shifts? Or have I got it wrong? I only do small shifts 6.30pm til 10.00pm three times a week. X

I work shifts part-time... I thought all work apart from self employed was shifts? Or have I got it wrong? I only do small shifts 6.30pm til 10.00pm three times a week. X
Not really shift work is different hours not say a 9-5 job hun i think thats what it means when its classed as shift work x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->