Any mums who've had previous sections?

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I have had two sections after I "failed to progress" both times. So this time will be a scheduled section. Not sure how I feel about it. I am a little nervous and a bit disappointed that there won't be that element of surprise of "when will I go into labour?". I'm a bit disappointed that I wont get to go through labour this time. I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. My last two, I was so out of it after being in labour for a really long time, I was just ready for my baby to be born and it all happened so quickly I didnt have time to feel anxious about the operation. This time I'll be stewing on it LOL

Anyone else in the same boat?

mrs park, you'll love the planned section!! it's amazing, you get a good night sleep before, no long labour first. I also found the recovery sooooo much better, partially because I hadn't laboured first and second because I feel like they had time to cut and sew without any concerns.

I looved knowing what day, and there's always the chance you'll go into labour first, then you just go to the hospital and they section you that day..

I've had 2 sections, and this one will be a planned one.. probably at 37 weeks this time.

I do love the fact I'll be able to plan ahead. Have dinner in the slow cooker for hubby and the boys, have someone organised to watch the boys, know that DH will likely be home by the evening to put them to bed. There are definately advantages. :thumbup: I'll try to focus on those!

Have you told your older children about the baby yet?

hahah nope not yet... I'm only 5 weeks... mind you I haven't told OH yet.. LOL

I can't emphasize enough how awesome the planned section was... an entirely different experience... for instance I had trouble bf my first so had told the nurses so they had him on me in the recovery room... I was playing road hockey with my older DS 5 days after the second section...

have you told yours? I told my older one (who was 4.5 at the time) when I was 10 wks last time.. once we knew all was good..

You have 2 boys too? :) do you think you'll have a 3rd boy? I think I probably will... would love a girl...

I'm only 4 weeks so I haven't told anyone other than DH. I want to have a scan first and hear the heartbeat and then I'll feel more confident telling DS1 (I can't wait, he will be SO excited!) DS2 is too little to know LOL.

I am so glad I posted my question, I feel so much better hearing about a positive experience!

Yep, 2 boys. I am sort of leaning towards girl, but I don't know if thats because I want one LOL. I will be happy either way. Just the older my boys get I am starting to feel outnumbered in this house LOL

Hi mrs_park

I had 3 sons. All 3 planned sections and also labor pains. I prefer the c-section anytime. Its lovely to go to sleep and be presented with the baby as you wake up. Still it depends on how comfortable you are and also the fact sometimes you have no choice. All the very best for you.

If you've had a previous section does your scar rise up as you get bigger?!

Not sure what our plan is this time, depends on my ob, my blood pressure etc!!

I'm not sure about the scar... Will have to ask at my first appointment! :)

I keep forgetting to ask! But seeing as my belly button shifts I guess it would too?!

If you had a normal "low" c-section, then your scar doesn't stretch too much, mostly the upper part of your uterus stretches. The lower part does stretch, just not as much and after multiple sections can become thin. Due to complications from my mc last fall, they have been measuring how thick my scar is since February :) I finally got the okay to have another baby. They will also measure the thickness if you are wanting to try a VBAC. I have an u/s this wednesday at 5+3 to check where the baby has implanted in my uterus... praying for high and not low near my scar!!

Good luck!!

and Mrs. Park, I would love a little girl too.. don't get me wrong I looove my boys and if I were to have another that would be awesome, I know what to do with them!! hahaha

Wassswwsswaaaaaa
hi ladies :flower:

I have had two sections after i "failed to progress" both times. So this time will be a scheduled section. Not sure how i feel about it. I am a little nervous and a bit disappointed that there won't be that element of surprise of "when will i go into labour?". I'm a bit disappointed that i wont get to go through labour this time. I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. My last two, i was so out of it after being in labour for a really long time, i was just ready for my baby to be born and it all happened so quickly i didnt have time to feel anxious about the operation. This time i'll be stewing on it lol

anyone else in the same boat?

I had an emergency c-section with my little girl after a 36 hour labour and 'failure to progress'. I haven't discussed plans for this birth yet as I'm still newly pregnant but I will definitely be opting for a planned section. It was all rushed and panicked with my little girl and I will never forget the fear in my hubby's eyes as they wheeled me down. My little girl was also taken straight from me and spent her first night in special care.

I'm hoping with a planned section we'll avoid all the panic and have a nice calm birth where I'll be able to bond with my baby straight away.

I would hate to go for a vbac and be told after labouring for how many hours that I'm going to need an emergency section again!

Wassswwsswaaaaaa

I have had two sections after i "failed to progress" both times. So this time will be a scheduled section. Not sure how i feel about it. I am a little nervous and a bit disappointed that there won't be that element of surprise of "when will i go into labour?". I'm a bit disappointed that i wont get to go through labour this time. I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. My last two, i was so out of it after being in labour for a really long time, i was just ready for my baby to be born and it all happened so quickly i didnt have time to feel anxious about the operation. This time i'll be stewing on it lol

Hey,

I was exactly the same as yourself, I didnt progress past 8cm, was a complete nightmare as threw up everytime had a contraction, was in labor for 3 days! Can I ask if they offered you a section the second time round? I really want one this time, cant bare the thought of going through all that again! :cry:

xx

Wassswwsswaaaaaa

Hey,

I was exactly the same as yourself, I didnt progress past 8cm, was a complete nightmare as threw up everytime had a contraction, was in labor for 3 days! Can I ask if they offered you a section the second time round? I really want one this time, cant bare the thought of going through all that again! :cry:

xx

It was my decision whether I wanted a repeat section or to try for a VBAC. Noone forced me either way. After you've had one section, the choice is pretty much yours.

When I went in for my checkup I was 2-3cm and I was feeling optimistic! I woke up the next morning in labour, went to the hospital at lunch time, was still 2-3cm even after being in labour all morning. Later that evening I was still 2-3cm. Thats when I knew I wasn't going to progress. It took a few more hours, they knew I REALLY wanted a VBAC and tried to break my waters and encourage me to keep going but I just knew. After 18 hours of labour and no progression, I asked for a c section.

I am glad I tried but I am also glad I wont have to have to go through that again. LOL

If you had a normal "low" c-section, then your scar doesn't stretch too much, mostly the upper part of your uterus stretches. The lower part does stretch, just not as much and after multiple sections can become thin. Due to complications from my mc last fall, they have been measuring how thick my scar is since February :) I finally got the okay to have another baby. They will also measure the thickness if you are wanting to try a VBAC. I have an u/s this wednesday at 5+3 to check where the baby has implanted in my uterus... praying for high and not low near my scar!!

Good luck!!

and Mrs. Park, I would love a little girl too.. don't get me wrong I looove my boys and if I were to have another that would be awesome, I know what to do with them!! hahaha

Will you find out what you're having?

I had an emergency cs last time for many reasons and am seeing a consultant about whether to have planned c section or natural labour. My worry is that I can't drive and need to take my boy to nursery so am leaning towards natural although I'm pertrified as natural was awful last time. I nearly haemorrhaged, my sons heart rate fell and they rushed me into theatre - hardly something id like to repeat hence he is three now and we only just plucked up the courage to ttc :)

I had a planned section with Sophie after the emergency one with Thomas. It was a lot better having had a good (well, as good as you can get being nervous and excited) nights sleep the night before.

With Thomas my contractions had started at 10pm so I was awake all night contracting every 3-5 minutes. He arrived around 2pm the following day after a tiring night, mecconium in my waters, syntocinon (like pitocin), not being allowed to get off my back, then talked into an epidural by my yawning bored midwife, then fetal distress...was not a fun day. The section itself was fine with him but I was so tired and emotiionally drained after he arrived and it made me cry and want to go home and leave him behind.

With Sophie, I was nervous and scared. I did cry a bit when gowning up but my midwife is such a cool chick. She gave me a huge cuddle and rubbed my back and told me everything would be ok.

All the theater staff were amazing. The atmosphere was warm, friendly, happy and relaxed. I wasn't exhausted and was able to hold and nurse Sophie when they handed her to me. There was no prolonged checking her over like with Thomas, just a quick look at her front, hips, mouth and back and she was handed to my OH who handed her to me.

I was cheerful in recovery and felt quite confident with breastfeeding. I felt able and stable, my arms were strong, I wasn't wanting to just fall asleep.

I had a wonderful experience and looking back, I have no regrets and I'm really pleased with how Sophie arrived.

If this works, this is her post birth check, so you can see she wasn't gone for long. Thomas was gone for a good 10 minutes!

https://youtu.be/Q6D4_Qr3wMQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->