Any natural cures for diahorrea....sorry for gross topic!

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Soo I have a damn stomach bug....I've got anti sickness tablets to ease the vomiting, but all I could be prescribed for the diahorrea was rehydration sachets.

Sorry for tmi but I've now been for a number 2 about 5 times since I started feeling unwell and everytime it's been no thicker than water.

Does anyone know any natural cures for this (bearing in mind I'm still struggling to keep squash down and prob won't eat all day!!)

I think that's all you can do, don't eat, but sip at water don't try to drink too much at a time.......it will stop eventually as long as you don't eat. then gradually start with bland stuff, like dry toast etc.

hope you feel better soon - that's all you need!

Bananas can bung you up so I've heard. Never tried it myself tho lol

Water with a bit of sea salt in it helps to prevent dehydration, that's one thing.. the other thing I can think about is that you should eat plain rice and dry bread lol until diarrhoea stops. At least that's what people used to suggest when I was little. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks ladies :) so I guess I'm going to go down the no eating route for now!

I have some rehydration salts so I don't get dehydrated, but even water is struggling to stay down at the moment so I'll have to wait until later before I drink them.

Thanks again :)

boomers we shud be toilet buddies haha i'm in the same toilet dilemma as u, YUK x

I'm th same as well, been like this since wednesday :( thought it was away yesterday, but it came back last night.. may aswell jus camp out in th bathroom cos i seem to be spending most of my time in there lol hope it goes away soon though, its so hateful :(

Haha toilet buddies!! I hope u feel better soon hun.

Seriously though 5 or 6 times in 8 hours is not normal.....I'm sooo angry at myself for not telling my sister to bugger off when she got ill, this is the first bug I've had in about 2 years!

Oh no!! I'd hoped it was all kicking off for you! :hugs:

As others have said, fast for 24 hours and get yourself something like Yakult or Actimel or similar. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated.

Hope you feel better soon.

I hate to tell you this, but it's the best thing your body can do is poop..It's trying to get rid of the bug..That's what the design is..I know it's a pain, but just let nature take it's course..Keep hydrated, as if youre not,it can kick you into labor and you don't want to do that dehydrated..makes for a miserable labor..My sis did it, and it was the worst labor she's ever had, and she's had 11!..Sorry hon! Not fun!

Thanks for the advice :)

Snoopy I thought something good was happening too!!

That's a very good point about getting it from my system! I should be grateful for the episodes as it means my body is gettin rid of bad stuff.

:hugs:

I hope your bug doesn't last long so you can re-claim a little energy ready for your big day.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->