Any new PAL ladies in London looking for a bump buddy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy After A Loss' started by dannigirly, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dannigirly

dannigirly Member

I miscarried on NYE 2010 at 11 weeks. And found out im pregnant again straight away, due 7th October. Scared and nervous, every twinge sends me flying to the loo in a panic. Can’t concentrate on anything! Any other ladies in the London area looking for a bump buddy? I feel like no one really understands both the grief I experienced and now the anxiety.

x

2. Lumboo

Lumboo A proud Mummy

Hi Dannigirly,

I mc in December (whilst sitting exams). I was 10wks but baby died at 7wks. Found out yesterday I am pregnant, and like you I am over the moon, but also anxious.

I had a mc in 2005 before I had my son, but I was pretty relaxed with him, but I had 6 months between the mc and a new pregnancy. I am really pleased to get pregnant so soon after the mc, especially as I am 36, but I think the memory of how everything went in December is still there.

I live in North London - where abouts are you from, and how are you feeling today?

3. dannigirly

dannigirly Member

Hi! Its tough isn’t it, that balance of over the moon and coupled with the memories of what you have been through.

I think the toughy for me is that I knew something was wrong and was completely dismissed by everyone, A&E were useless, even the GP said it was nothing. It was only after my insistence that I got a scan and my fears confirmed. I didn’t have bright red gushing blood, just a little brown blood and cramps. I just knew though

I have been feeling pretty tired, actually very tired. I have always been a light sleeper who requires little sleep, now I’m at my desk drifting off!! I have started getting nausea as well. But I’m almost relieved to have those symptoms so I know its real? How about you?

I live near Richmond, work in Camden.

4. Lumboo

Lumboo A proud Mummy

I had spotting too same as you, just brown blood, and when I went to A&E and they booked me in for a scan the following day with the Early Pregnancy unit. I knew before I had the scan what the outcome was, but I think DH was very shocked, as he thought I was perhaps being a bit over cautious. I was lucky that everyone at the hospital took me very seriously, and were very sweet about things. I booked in for a D&C the following week but mc naturally before then, which I was very pleased about as I was dreading going under general.

It must have been awful for you when you know something is wrong and no one listening. It makes it so much harder!

I have three major symptoms right now, which I have had since last week; burping, tiredness and thrush! I am not sure why these symptoms are so extreme right now as I am only 4 wks pregnant, but am putting it down to excess progesterone. Oh, I also have been feeling lightheaded but that could be down to anaemia.

I had a lot of AF type pains yesterday but that is much better today. I spoke to my GP this morning (about results of a blood test) and she was really happy for me and told me to come and see her in two weeks. I don't think will quite seem real until then. Finally told DH this evening and he is ectastic, although he is putting it down to his 'super sperm'! Men eh?!!

5. dannigirly

dannigirly Member

Burping, i hear u there although mine appears to be the other end, which is causing much amusement to the OH!!

I had the same, scheduled for d&c then it happened by itself, huge relief!

I also have a certain someone who now thinks he has "super swimmers" bless them. Half the time he says the wrong thing anyways (well at the moment it feels like the wrong thing) im mega irritable at the moment either that or I'm sobbing over a life insurance advert. Still the more symptoms I have the better I feel. Makes me sound like a sadist!

6. Lumboo

Lumboo A proud Mummy

It's quite funny how men get all happy when their prim and proper ladies suddenly have wind issues. Can you imagine them pregnant?

My DH wanted to know if we could continue dtd - I told him my thrush needed clearing up first. When he asked why I told him, 'you know that dance you do when you stub your toe...well if you got thrush your dance would win you Strictly come Dancing'

Enough said I think :)

How are you feeling today? I just feel more anxious today, probably because I have AF type cramping and I'm wondering if it is my fibroids. I really hope the next few months go smoothly.