• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any occiput posterior - back labor experiences ?

jokasta

Reaction score
Little -or no so little anymore - Bean refuses to turn around properly. My little stargazer has his spine against my spine in a right occiput posterior position. This is the reason I've been having almost labor contractions for weeks but my cervix has not changed at all.

Doc said his head is in the wrong position so even though he pushes and pushes to get things going, he can't engage or thin out and shorted the cervix because his het does not fit properly. Sometimes I feel like my pelvic bones are being grounded against something and with his every move I am in quite some pain.

He also has his cord around his neck, but I've been told this is pretty common and not to worry about it as long as he's moving about. My OB said that from the look of things we might go in for a planned C section since he does not want to risk back labor AND a possible emergency c section. He does not recommend induction with my unripened cervix and his position.

To top things up I also have a spinal fusion and nobody wants to risk hurting my only 2 good-ish vertebrae if the baby is to come out this way.

Anyone even had a similar experience ? Did anyone start out with a baby "sunny side up" and a completely unripened cervix and have the baby rotate at some point ? I was very keen on going for a natural birth but now things seem a bit scary....

Sorry, no experience of this myself. I know that bending forward is supposed to help. Like leaning over a birthing ball or you sofa. You'd have todo it for the whole evening for it to be succesful though!
Good luck x x

Thanks! However, I have been trying these things for a long time plus swimming but no luck. He just does not or can't move and he's been in this same possition for at least 2 months :(

Thanks! However, I have been trying these things for a long time plus swimming but no luck. He just does not or can't move and he's been in this same possition for at least 2 months :(

Oh sorry - didn't realise :blush:.
Hope things get sorted then hun. Good luck x x x

mine is in the posterior position but refusing to move. been there since 32 weeks. Got my appointment next week to see if it has turned but judging from the back pain i have been having, and from prodding the bump, all still feels the same. Im worried too about the back labour thing but my hospital is against c-section and try to deliver in this position with the likelyhood of needing forceps to assist! Lovely!

Oh bambino, hope he turns it time ! Let's just hope for the best!!!

I'm not in this position (as far as I know) but I'm sorry it is difficult for you! Perhaps the section will be the best thing? At least you'll soon get your LO. :hugs:

ME! Last night!!

I havent done my birth story yet so watch out for it but in brief (I need a snooze!!) I went in to labour naturally after my waters went, she started to turn when I was well established - 6cm - and you need not to be laid down!! It was very painful when the contractions came and she tried to turn, so I went on all fours (under duress as I was knackered) and then in the birth pool on all fours two. She turned almost all the way and then she finished the job about 2 pushes from the end and came out the 'right way'.

x

That's good Lisa! My sister's boy turned sideways during labour at the last minute and so his shoulders tore her. Ouch!

My baby is a ROP position and I was due on the 13th October. I have done everything possible to get him to turn but he isnt moving. I have begged for a c Section but they arent keen so they offered me induction because there is a chance he turn in the right position. So I have agreed and off to hospital on sunday for induction. I am terrified but he isnt going to move with out some convincing thats for sure.

There is still a strong possibility that your baby will change position, with Posterior babies sometimes all they need is a few good strong contractions.

Hope LO turns for you. If you hospital suggest a c-section maybe its for the best hun! Try not to be dis-heartened! Hope it all goes well for you. xxx :hugs:

Thanks everyone :hugs:

To everyone else blessed with little, stubborn, stargazers, lets hope they turn in time. I too have tried almost anything but maybe they have their own plans. I have heard so many stories of last minute - contraction turning and everything going well in the end. :headspin:

I am scared of a C Section as I have really bad past experiences with surgery, but I am trying to think that this is different. I had such a good, easy pregnancy up to a few weeks that I as hoping I would be able to give birth the same way too. I'm grateful for everything being OK though and, in the end, all that matters is just being a bit more patient so I can finally meet the little guy.

ME! Last night!!

I havent done my birth story yet so watch out for it but in brief (I need a snooze!!) I went in to labour naturally after my waters went, she started to turn when I was well established - 6cm - and you need not to be laid down!! It was very painful when the contractions came and she tried to turn, so I went on all fours (under duress as I was knackered) and then in the birth pool on all fours two. She turned almost all the way and then she finished the job about 2 pushes from the end and came out the 'right way'.

x

That's a great story and just goes to show that good handling can have amazing results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"