Any OCD Mums? or mums with axiety disorders?

hi all!!! im so glad you started this thread :D

i suffer panic attacks have done since i was about 14, i also have OCD not bad but its there and has got worse sine becoming a mum, my ocd is more like obsessive thoughts, i find it really hard to concentrate, just thinking something awful is going to happen because i done this or didnt do that:dohh: this in turn makes me have panic attacks like a vicious circle.

i go through phases of it not really bothering me,to im just a nervous wreck 24/7:cry:

:hugs: to all you other ladies xx

heyy hun :) xx how is ur ocd and panic attacks at the momment? have you seen anyone for them? and i know what u mean about finding it hard to concentrate! its sooo anoying!! xx hope you have a calm and stress free day today!! xx

they are pretty bad at the moment, espec the panic attacks i pretty much feel like im about to die for the majority of the day, and well my ocd ive just had a tantrum because someone at work put my bag on the floor...:wacko:
my GP has just refered my to have a assesment for what type of therapy will suit me and im doing an online workshop too. xxx it sucks that you guys are going through this aswell but at the same time its so nice to know im not the only one who has to deal with these feelings :hugs:

omg that sounds soo badd hun! at work did you propper react? how did the other person react to you? x and how does this online thing work is it free? and hope they find something that helps u!! xx

it is bad at the moment but hopefully it will pass soon and i will get a month or two of being 'normal' well as 'normal' as i get lol.
luckily i manged to control myself slightly, i just snapped and said dont put my bag on the floor and snatched it up, i just got a bit of a odd look, but im used to that...im worse with people i know as i dont care how crazy they think i am.

some of my little habbits-
i have to say out load that i have swithed something off eg hairdryer,iron ect
i then have to go back to check that i def switched off, and then once more for luck.
when i go shopping cleaning products can not be touching anything else
cant put bags down on the floor
cant pick things up if they are dirty eg stones,sticks if i do i wash my hands at least 3 times
when i make a cup of tea i have to fill the cup with boiling water and tip it out before i use the cup (even though i know its clean because i washed it up)
same if making a cold drink i have it rinse it 3 times before use........now im writing it down i see i have a thing about the number 3 :wacko:

the online thing is called mood gym, and yes its free

well done you with picking up someting dirty, i bet you were well proud of yourself:happydance: xx

I can relate to so much of this stuff glad we can be a bit of support to each other nice to know I am not alone.

Yes I think my anxiety was probably worst in my teens and early 20's. I am 30 now and it has calmed down a lot combo of hormones settling down and life experience teaching me ways of coping with my fears.

When my anxiety has flared up it is defo worse at night too I feel alone with my fears with nothing but time to over think them. I also feel at night that because everyone else is sleeping that nobody would be able to help me if something happened. I used to wake my OH up and when I was younger my mum but now I just sit awake until I am physically exhausted and fall asleep its not much fun at all.

eta - in reply to what was pnd like it was like being in a dark place I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to get up in the morning, I felt distant and snappy to those closest to me and I couldn't take joy in anything even my favorite foods and couldn't see a future that was on my worst days I did have days where I was not this bad. I cried nearly every day for about a year maybe more but I am very grateful to be out the other end of that.

I think it was a combo of a difficult delivery, a bad break up, business going bust and other crappy life events all happening in a short period of time.

I have anxiety and OCD. I was taking citalaphram but an pregnant is have stopped. I worry a lot about DS. Mostly about him being unwell. My big big fear is cancer. Every little thing I over think and combined with google it just makes of worse.

I'm a lot better than I used to be though. I have to wash my hands all of the time though. I've got a big fear of having the cold sore virus on my hands and touching LO or changing his nappy and he gets a cold sore (I get cold sores quite often).

Hopefully after baby us born I can go back on meds as can feel it all creeping back up on me xx

hey hun welcome and thank you for sharing! i am glad pregnant ladies are in this thread too! how far gone r u ? and how old is ur ds. is there anything that helps ur axiety? and is the fear of cancer hieghtend when u dont feel well? or is it more you scared of a loved one gettng cancer. x

oh wow :) i literarly smiled reading your post. everyone on this post seems to answer questions so perfectly exactly how i would like lol that sounds strange but i cant really explain what i mean. reading your post was actualy relaxing the format in which you posted your responce was very helpfull!! xxxxx also what situations do you find triggering if you dont mind me asking? and i think thats my problem i cant switch my mouth of. if i dont ask the question my head will hurt for ages. i am literaly forced to ask them? honestly im so weird lol even when i know the answer to some questions i still need to ask kind of? lol xx thank you again x

Hello everyone,

I hope we are all having a calm day today.

In answer to your question Youngwife, I have a lot of triggers. Unfortunately I seem to pick up more as I get older.

Some are around contamination and food and health.

Others are around safety and security in our home.

Then there are random ones like answering emails and texts. For some reason I worry that I will accidentally write something offensive in a message without being aware of it. I have to go back and check each message several timeso be sure. This includes forum posts.

I am glad to hear you are thinking of seeking help. You could probably just go straight to your GP if you can't get in touch with your HV.

that must be fustrating if your in a rush and you have to keep checking! write offensive posts all the time not intentialy but i think i say things straight to the point lol. and oh yes im a big one for security i keep telling my husband to turn our alarm on for when we go to bed but he forgets , i always check the doors too.

and i got in contact with her and she will refer me and also send me some info for some support centere for mums with axiety disorders a step in the right direction!! xx

My triggers are.

Changing LO's nappy. I can't touch anything else until I'm done.

My underwear can't touch anywhere or I have to wash it.

I can't touch my face as I might get the cold sore virus on my my hands.

I have to check plug sockets over and over again. The same with the gas cooker and windows and doors.

If everything is going right I wait for something to go wrong (in my head it's gonna happen cause nothing goes right for me).

When I get a shower I have to wash my hands before I clean different body parts.

Wow I sound like a right freak lol.

You dont sound like a freak to us :p xx

and gosh your shower must take awhile HUGS XX

OMG i big one for me toilet flusher handles in public toilets!! I cant be the only one who doesnt touch them? i dont have cleaning ocd but thats just a NONO but my friends think im weird lol

I can't touch door handles. But certain ones in the house I can, others I can't, and definitely none in public. I just use my sleeve :blush:

I re-check plug sockets, the stove, door locks, light switches before bed and before I leave the house.

I can't touch raw meat without freaking and even if I wear gloves I still have to wash my hands afterwards.

I won't touch bins at all. OH does all the bin runs in this house, lol.

I'm sure there's more.... oh yes, won't touch grocery carts or baskets either, and never handle menus/salt and pepper shakers/etc at restaurants.

I won't eat chicken if I can help it, at all, and especially never from fast-food places or even in a takeaway. I'm just that terrified of it. I only trust two people in this world to make a chicken dish for me and that's OH and my best friend. If I cook it myself, I cook the crap out of it, but still obsess over "seeing" a bit of pink and will check every bite before it goes in my mouth. If I see a "suss" piece OH is summoned to check it out for me.

Ditto for fish. I won't eat that either, at all. I don't care who cooks it.

If I come up with more I'll be back!
thank you for sharing hun! how do you have your steak? is that a problem? i have mine well done but i know some people have it pink , does it effect all meats or just chicken xx

Ps - well done for touching the rocks that must have been a big step bet you had a great day.

PPS - having two LOs close in age is just chaos but nice chaos lol

I have anxiety. I'm normally on citalapram but had a break during pregnancy but will be going back on them next week.
Mine is more health anxiety. For example tonight I have a bit of a loose stomach and that worries me stupid xx

it is bad at the moment but hopefully it will pass soon and i will get a month or two of being 'normal' well as 'normal' as i get lol.
Luckily i manged to control myself slightly, i just snapped and said dont put my bag on the floor and snatched it up, i just got a bit of a odd look, but im used to that...im worse with people i know as i dont care how crazy they think i am.

Some of my little habbits-
i have to say out load that i have swithed something off eg hairdryer,iron ect
i then have to go back to check that i def switched off, and then once more for luck.
When i go shopping cleaning products can not be touching anything else
cant put bags down on the floor
cant pick things up if they are dirty eg stones,sticks if i do i wash my hands at least 3 times
when i make a cup of tea i have to fill the cup with boiling water and tip it out before i use the cup (even though i know its clean because i washed it up)
same if making a cold drink i have it rinse it 3 times before use........now im writing it down i see i have a thing about the number 3 :wacko:

The online thing is called mood gym, and yes its free

well done you with picking up someting dirty, i bet you were well proud of yourself:happydance: Xx
[/quote]

I never spoke to people much at work but i was health and safety monitor ( even though i only was at the company a month when i was voted to be health and safety monitor i was happy about that because then i could tell people to get there bags of the floor and stop puting it wear people can trip over i liked being able to tell people instead of it just buggng me as i was pregnant and was scared of tripping over! and im the same about not bothering what my family think my husband already knows im a nutter but he accepts it some stufff he finds cute lol some stuff he finds annoying lol its intresting how 3 is your number. when 3 is my nightmare number lol xx i hope you will get a normal phase a very long normal phase!! soon xxx

i can relate to so much of this stuff glad we can be a bit of support to each other nice to know i am not alone.

Yes i think my anxiety was probably worst in my teens and early 20's. I am 30 now and it has calmed down a lot combo of hormones settling down and life experience teaching me ways of coping with my fears.

When my anxiety has flared up it is defo worse at night too i feel alone with my fears with nothing but time to over think them. I also feel at night that because everyone else is sleeping that nobody would be able to help me if something happened. I used to wake my oh up and when i was younger my mum but now i just sit awake until i am physically exhausted and fall asleep its not much fun at all.

Eta - in reply to what was pnd like it was like being in a dark place i didn't want to be here, i didn't want to get up in the morning, i felt distant and snappy to those closest to me and i couldn't take joy in anything even my favorite foods and couldn't see a future that was on my worst days i did have days where i was not this bad. I cried nearly every day for about a year maybe more but i am very grateful to be out the other end of that.

I think it was a combo of a difficult delivery, a bad break up, business going bust and other crappy life events all happening in a short period of time.

Im glad it has settled abit now! im 21 now so maybe it will hopefuly settle more when im older. but i think ive always had a high hormone level lol as when im pregnant im an even bigger nghtmare and when ive just had a baby . but i dont really know what my "normal" hormones are like because i have been constantly pregnant or just had a baby for like 2 years lol and aww hun :hugs: not nice lying awake on ur own the night seems to last forever . what made you stop waking him up . and wow you really have gone through a hard time recently!! im sorry hun! are things abit better now? xx

What does pps mean lol and thank you for the congrats on my touching the rock i feel like a proper silly person for being happy lol but i am :p it shows that im really not letting it get to me ( all the time :p) xx

its just a second ps cos I forgot to write it in the first bit lol I'm a bit ditsy :wacko:

Hello :wave: I tried to read as many replies as I could but there is alot! I'm so happy to find this thread for ocd mommies, yet sad that we are on this thread. I hate my OCD!

I have had ocd since I was 5yrs old. It has came and gone my whole life. Its changed from hand washing to checking doors, stove.
And now its mainly driving. I hate to drive.
But I started medication (fluvoxamine- Generic for Luvox) And it has helped soooo much!

Stay Strong Mommies!!! Let's win the ocd fight!!

Oh this thread is perfect.

I suffer from severe anxiety. It's hard for me to leave my house.

I did cbt during the middle of my pregnancy, but having to do the homework just made me more anxious. I wasn't fond of the therapist either. He was a nice guy, but he would grill me for the answers to his questions about cognitive distortions. I would get frustrated when I didn't know the answer. It's a lot to remember!

I took effexor before I was pregnant. Worked great, but had to wean off once I found out I was pregnant.

Now I have a beautiful daughter who was born premature with two heart defects and horrible acid reflux. My whole day I'm so tense that when I'm in the shower, I can feel my muscles ache from just clenching my whole body all day. And my jaw hurts from clenching that all day as well.

My husband comes home and I completely lose my mind. I either cry or give him hell because he has no idea how hard it is with her all day by myself and he works long hours.

I also live in a foreign country (from the states, live in Japan) so I am so isolated. I don't know how I'm surviving tbh.

wow Im really sorry to hear how you're feeling. Im sure you will get loads of support on here, its a great forum. I can definately relate to the aching muscles thing. Most of the time I dont even notice that my shoulders, neck head etc is tense as Im so used to it, but then when my husband massages my shoulders, it seems to hurt more as they begin to relax! Definately the cause of most of my headaches I reckon. So sorry to hear about you LOs heart defects, but glad shes doing well. My DD had acid reflux and is still on medication for it now at 6 months, although a lower dose. Its horrible I do feel for you. She used to projectile vomit up her bottles and cry in agony as the acid would burn her little throat. Gaviscon is good, although Im sure youre LO is on meds already.

Big Hugs xxx:hugs:

My triggers are.

Changing LO's nappy. I can't touch anything else until I'm done.

My underwear can't touch anywhere or I have to wash it.

I can't touch my face as I might get the cold sore virus on my my hands.

I have to check plug sockets over and over again. The same with the gas cooker and windows and doors.

If everything is going right I wait for something to go wrong (in my head it's gonna happen cause nothing goes right for me).

When I get a shower I have to wash my hands before I clean different body parts.

Wow I sound like a right freak lol.

i relate to almost all of your triggers.... i also wash my hands before i wash anywhere else!!
and the waiting for something to go wrong :(
sockets and windows rule my life, i have to say things out loud to reinforce that i have actually done it, however is OH is the last to leave the house or come up to bed i am happy that he has locked everything.. i find this very strange lol xx

Hello :wave: I tried to read as many replies as I could but there is alot! I'm so happy to find this thread for ocd mommies, yet sad that we are on this thread. I hate my OCD!

I have had ocd since I was 5yrs old. It has came and gone my whole life. Its changed from hand washing to checking doors, stove.
But I started medication (fluvoxamine- Generic for Luvox) And it has helped soooo much!

heyyy hun i hope we do win this fight hun xx hugs xx and wow 5 years old!! may i ask what sort of things you were doing then? i hope u had a good day xx x

heyyy hun i hope we do win this fight hun xx hugs xx and wow 5 years old!! may i ask what sort of things you were doing then? i hope u had a good day xx x

When I was 5yrs old I would repeatdly ask my parents if I was a good person and keep asking until I was in tears. I also had a weird thing with touching the carpet when going to bed. If my feet touched the carpet in my room while walking to the bed, I would have to go wash it off. So i would hop scotch to my bed using clothes etc lol.
I think it was my fear of diseases , which I had really bad when I was little like between 7-10 yrs old.
My dad told me he had OCD way before I was born,but never after. So I assume it must be in my genes. I really hope LO doesn't have it too.

Hi all,
Hope you don't mind me posting.

I have suffered from health anxiety since I was 12 which was bad when I was pregnant and has only intensified since my sons birth. I often feel l love him so much I could not cope with him being unwell.

I also have OCD compulsions - I am really bad with numbers.

It is nice not to feel so alone x

When I was 5yrs old I would repeatdly ask my parents if I was a good person and keep asking until I was in tears. I also had a weird thing with touching the carpet when going to bed. If my feet touched the carpet in my room while walking to the bed, I would have to go wash it off. So i would hop scotch to my bed using clothes etc lol.
I think it was my fear of diseases , which I had really bad when I was little like between 7-10 yrs old.
My dad told me he had OCD way before I was born,but never after. So I assume it must be in my genes. I really hope LO doesn't have it too.

thank you so much for explaining hun , its so sad that you had ocd so young and you couldnt just let go and be a kid , and i think it is in the genes because my mums habits are not noticable at all and it didnt effect her parenting in anyway, yet i still got it , ( worse than her) as my mums doesnt effect her daily life just things like" i have to move my toes this many times while the tv advert is on" or when she is axious i can see her wiggling her toes under neath the covers say if i was at her house. but thats only little and i never noticed as a kid . xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->