Any of you been pregnant first month off bc?

Niksmommy

Reaction score
This is my first month off bc. My last pill was 1/21/15. My cycles before the pill were 26 days. So if I am going off of that I would be around CD20-CD21 I think. We DTD nearly every day this month. Since this past weekend I have been really tired, getting frequent headaches (really bad ones), I've had cramping on and off, lower back pain on and off, peeing more often and super crabby. Even cried over the weekend for no reason lol The past few days I have woken up starving, to the point I am almost nauseous because of it, and my bloating is out of control.

I guess my question is do you think these could be pregnancy symptoms or are they more likely due to my hormones being crazy since I stopped the pill? Also, when is it ok to start testing to be sure?

Those definitely sound like promising symptoms! Do you know when you ovulated? 10 DPO is the earliest I would test. Others may agree or disagree.

I don't have experience, but I've heard of a few people who got pg immediately after coming off of the pill. Some claim you're more fertile at that point.

Good luck! :)

Those definitely sound like promising symptoms! Do you know when you ovulated? 10 DPO is the earliest I would test. Others may agree or disagree.

I don't have experience, but I've heard of a few people who got pg immediately after coming off of the pill. Some claim you're more fertile at that point.

Good luck! :)

I am fairly certain I ovulated around 2/3-2/4. 2/4 I had sharp pains on the left side of my abdomen pretty much all day. So that would have been around CD12-CD13. So I am probably around 8-9 DPO. So I guess I should wait...it's so tempting to test though!

Oh, I know!! I'm testing 2/18 (10 dpo) and my brain says to wait, but I don't think I can!

From what I've heard, it's rare to get symptoms before 7 dpo when implantation occurs, I believe... Hmm...

What BC were you on? I was on the ring for years.

I was on the pill Necon. I had been on it for about a year or so, although I didn't always take it as I was supposed to. Since I just stopped, I'm really thinking all of the symptoms are just from my body adjusting back to normal.. but we'll see.

Is this your first you're TTC?

Yep! First baby, first cycle! Not sure what to expect, know what I mean?

Is this your first? Probably not sice you're "Niksmom" unless Nik is a furbaby lol

This is my 2nd.. and will be almost 10 years younger than my first lol I had him pretty young. I will say though that with my first I got pregnant the first time I tried. Didn't really have to put much thought into it.. hope things are just as easy for you!

This is my first month off of bc also! Looks like I'm two days behind you. Your symptoms sound promising! My dr actually put me on bc to regulate my hormone levels and told me to try try try right after my last pill. I think i ovulated on the 5th or 6th ...And I feel pregnant or progesterone is playing games with me! Sore and heavy nipples and boobs. I had some cramps yesterday on the right side and today I couldn't eat my prenatal gummies bc they tasted like rotten fish! I've been eating those for months and they've never tasted bad. Idk. Hope it works out for you! Good luck :) also I've heard very good things about couples getting pregnant the first three months after coming off the pill.

This is my first month off of bc also! Looks like I'm two days behind you. Your symptoms sound promising! My dr actually put me on bc to regulate my hormone levels and told me to try try try right after my last pill. I think i ovulated on the 5th or 6th ...And I feel pregnant or progesterone is playing games with me! Sore and heavy nipples and boobs. I had some cramps yesterday on the right side and today I couldn't eat my prenatal gummies bc they tasted like rotten fish! I've been eating those for months and they've never tasted bad. Idk. Hope it works out for you! Good luck :) also I've heard very good things about couples getting pregnant the first three months after coming off the pill.

Hi Amless! Glad to have a cycle buddy!

So is it true that people are fertile right after stopping the pill? Its annoying not being able to tell if the way I'm feeling is from pregnancy or progesterone lol

Hey! I got my first BFP on my second cycle off. I will say I was having lots of symptoms my first cycle off and thought I could be pregnant. Something to do with coming off BCP and your hormones. There are definitely ladies who get pregnant first cycle though. Good luck! :flower:

I'm still waiting for af. My cycles were always normal before and after stopping bc. Is it possible that its messed up my cycle? AF should have been here around the 18th if my cycles are back to their normal 26 days. Ugh this is so irritating. I think I should probably test just to be sure...

Hey ladies! Sorry I'm a little late to the party! I just got off of bc as well and I'm so incredibly confused by everything. My temperatures are being weird, my opk's are being weird, and so is my body! I have ZERO symptoms of anything. Nothing! No breast tenderness, nothing nothing nothing. What!?

I went off of bc once before and I went right in to a normal 25 day cycle and stayed pretty regular. I'm on cd25 now and I have no idea what is happening.

Hey ladies! Sorry I'm a little late to the party! I just got off of bc as well and I'm so incredibly confused by everything. My temperatures are being weird, my opk's are being weird, and so is my body! I have ZERO symptoms of anything. Nothing! No breast tenderness, nothing nothing nothing. What!?

I went off of bc once before and I went right in to a normal 25 day cycle and stayed pretty regular. I'm on cd25 now and I have no idea what is happening.

I know just what you mean! The last time I stopped BC I got my period exactly 26 days later. This time everything seems like its screwed up. I'm on day 29 with no sign of AF coming. I'm not sure when or if I even ovulated. Its so unlike my body to not be like clockwork. I hope AF shows up soon so I can maybe start tracking things better... Ugh

Same here! I'm always like clockwork with or without birth control so this is so unlike me! If I go by my last two cycles I have, I'm 4 days late. If I go by my last cycles luteal phase then I'm due today, but if I go by when FF predicted ovulation (the first time) I'm due the 1st. But I just got nearly positive opk's again!

SO coming off of birth control sucks.

Yes last time we tried came off bc mini pill & had a period or withdrawel bleed few days later then conceived!

I beleive tour definitely super fertile after coming off bc my sisters all conceive within 3-4 months of coming off mini pill too

Good luck

Well AF finally showed up this morning.. And I'm kind of glad she did. Atleast now I have a more definitive starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->