Any of you ladies had the whooping cough jab in pregnancy and had normal birth?

ecarroll2

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Just had the whooping cough and flu jabs at 29 weeks, and noticed the leaflet specifies that the Repevax vaccine is not advised in pregnancy. Since then I have also learned of some stillbirth weird stories (i.e. perfect pregnancy, strong foetus, then inexplicably an infection developed, growth stopped around the time of administering the vaccine and baby died before or at birth).. So my question is, have you had the same vaccines but had no probs with your pregnancy or birth which may even remotely be linked to the vaccine.. ?? I would be grateful for some feedback.. Thank you!! :hugs:

I had the jab in my pregnancy. I had an induced vbac due to pre eclampsia and a forceps delivery due to her heart rate dropping (being induced + pre e stressed her out a little). None of that was remotely linked to having the jab. The pre e is hereditary in my family so was kind of expecting it. My son died shortly after birth last year, so I looked into everything quite a lot I wasn't taking any unnecessary risks and putting this baby in danger. The risks of not having the jab, especially with the amount of cases in my area, was much higher than the risk of not having it. x

I had the jab and ended up having an emergency c section but that is because I have a really rare condition called true CPD where my pelvis is the wrong shape for baby to come out. It is something I was born with but didn't know til now so not remotely connected to the jab.
My tiny baby was really healthy and in great condition for her size (she was 5lb 11oz at 3 days overdue, they think I will always have small babies as my body 'knows' I wouldn't have a chance at getting a normal sized one out) and all the midwives/doctors commented how great she was doing considering the stressful labour she had.

My induced labour was nothing to do with the jab.... Babies die of whooping cough, it's a no brainer for me xx

I had the jab. I already had high bp before that and was induced because of the high bp at 39 weeks and baby was absolutely fine. I had lots of monitoring throughout the pregnancy and before and after the jab my little boy kept growing perfectly and nothing changed about that.
So I was induced but gave birth the normal way 3.5 hours later and all was perfect x

I had the whooping cough jab and had a perfect labour and have a perfect baby boy! Dont worry yourself silly with reading stories on the net! I did have a problematic pregnancy (LO only has one kidney and potential oesophagal atresia, I had polyhydramnios) I read up lots of horror stories and scared the hell out of myself and couldnt enjoy my pregnancy! Just be vigilant of movements like ypu normally would x

I had the vaccine and had a simple 2hr labour and water birth. The result... a perfectly healthy baby girl.

Its a personal choice but i chose to get it x

I had the vaccine and although I had to be induced it had absolutely nothing to do with the jab (leaking hindwaters). My perfect little girl is having a nap as I type.

I had the whooping cough vaccine and had a relatively quick birth (5 hours active labour) that ended in forceps, but I highly doubt it had anything to do with the vaccine. More to do with the fact that there was meconium in my waters and was strapped to monitors on my back and therefore, pushing on my back was just a bit useless.

I had the vaccine. I was induced due to high blood pressure (i was already 5 days overdue) i had an 11 hour labour and Isaac was born with the help of forceps, he came out at 10lb 7 ounces so it certanly did not effect his growth. Xxx

Had the vaccine and induction birth due to being overdue. Very healthy baby girl born normally!

I had the jab and had a successful VBAC. My baby girl was (is!) perfect, no issues with her at all.

The problem with jabs is that you only ever hear the bad stories and even those are very rarely proven. For me, the prospect of my baby contracting whooping cough was enough to make me decide to have the jab.

I had the jab had a natural birth and a very healthy 7.4oz boy who is very lively and growing very well xx

i had the jab and induced (because i was overdue) normal birth, healthy baby.

the jab doesn't cause stillbirths :dohh: that would have been a massive (and unfortunate) coincidence

I had the vaccine and my lg is perfectly fine, my labour was difficult but that wasn't related to the jab, it was because I was induced and my lg got stuck and distressed so ended in emcs. Definately don't worry about the jab, the risks of not getting it far outweigh any possible risks of getting it.

I had it too and everything was fine! Don't worry! Try not to read those scary rare stories on the internet.

I had both and had a normal happy birth and have a beautiful boy!
My nurse did say that the leaflet says it was not for pregnant women but to ignore it they had proved that it was fine to give it now.

gosh! i had it and had a textbook spontaneous labour and vaginal delivery with no interventions x

I had the Jab and had a normal labour and vaginal delivery, some things can just be unfortunate coincidences, google is your best friend and worst enemy all in one :flower:
EDA: My boy was perfectly healthy :)

I had it, and other than having an epidural which was a personal choice, I had an easy delivery, pushed out without interventions and have a very healthy little girl. Please don't spend too much time on google, listen to the experts xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->