Any one doing Egg Sharing or has done wants to share their experiences??

princess_1991

Lily and PG with Twins!
Reaction score
just looking for people who are doing egg sharing or have done egg sharing wanna share their experiances or have a chat :thumbup:

hi thanks for your reply to my post, ive not done the egg sharing before but have done ivf in febuary, and it really wasnt as bad as i had feared, when it failed it took a long time to get over and i still think about my lost embies, but as far as the actual ivf process it wasnt too bad at all, I am really hoping they will let me egg share, i fit the criteria under 35 good amh fsh bmi etc but i have a long term illness and im not sure if that will rule me out so i will have to wait and see although im pretty sure its not hereditary, my bloods were all done in feb for my last ivf so im hoping if they will let me that i can start asap if not and we have to fund ourselves again it wont be until next year, good luck for your upcoming appointment and if you have any questions regarding ivf or icsi just ask and il try to help x

hello again :D

this is our first ivf and weve decided to do the egg sharing for 2 reasons

1. to combat the price
2. because if i could help someone im my situation through me trying for a baby, i would love to!

im hoping the will except me, dont really have any reasons why they wouldnt, im 19 and have a bmi of 18.9 i have no idea what my amh and fsh levels are yet as i havent had those test,

i have my first appointment of friday :D very excited/nervous, not really sure what to expect, im guessing this appt is just to talk through everything and possibly do a couple of tests but not sure.

how many embies did you have transfered last time and how many would you like this time?? id love to have 2 transfered, weather they let me or not is a different matter but i can hope :D twins would be a double blessing!!

xx

i had 3 last time i dont know how or what happened we asked for 2 in our paper work and got 3 on a day 3 transfer, next time ideally i would want 1 blast day 5 transfer if possible, i really wanted more than one transfered as i was under the illusion it would increase my chances but it doesnt really and the idea of premature birth and poorly babies really frightened me when i realised i could have triplets although i desperatly wanted them all to take, its such a personal decision though,

my first appointment i had an internal scan and bloods taken for infection screening and dh had another sa, we also had tons of paperwork to fill out and chose which hospital we would like to go to if we got our bfp x

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 3
dont get me wrong the dangers of multiple births are scary, but i just figured with twins (hopefully) even if we do loose one embie there will still be another and i think the dangers for twins are less significant then triplets, also as daft as it sounds to be going on this but my nan who is 5ft and stick thin gave birth to healthy twins, ive just got my fingers crossed for twins thats all, i wouldnt be disappointed with one, but 2 would be amazing :D xx

there are plenty of healthy twins born and you have to go with your gut feeling i think then you wont be thinking what if, if you want 2 dont let the decision be taken away from you and if your private it is your choice x

just out of curiosity and hope you dont mind me asking but how old are you, because my clinic doesnt allow over 2 embies unless your over 35, even then they wont allow more then 3, are you in the uk?? xx

hi thats right its in the hfea guidelines thats why we dont know how it happened, im 31 and in the uk on the day of transfer they just told us 4 had fertalised but one was not developing and they were transfering 3 but one was not dividing as well as the others and then they showed us 3 on the screen after transfer x

oo strange that, well suppose just cuz its in the guidelines they dont have to prove anything sorta thing lol x

I'm going to be doing egg sharing, we are starting in August. If can answer any questions about the process so far let me know x

i have my first appt on friday so ill keep you updated on what they tell me :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->