any one else not get a drop when pumping

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
as the title really, i pump and get nothing not even a drop. i use to be able to pump about 2-4 ounces a time between both breasts and now nothing, nada , squat.

anyone else the same, or struggled and managed eventually to get something?

its not mega important it works for me, but it would be nice after hubby being away for the last 5 months that when hes home he can help,and i can maybe just get one night full sleep.

im also worried it means my supple is low, i recently lost a fiar bit of weight , went down a bra size or two and some days i worry my supply is low and he would want more, but then this is always a worry of mine, as we have weight issues too, so it plays in the back of my mind even if i think all is fine

:flower:

Today, I've really struggled to express, it worries me because I feed using a shield, due to latching issues, baby is less than 2 weeks old aswell.
I've got mastitis at the moment too, but only on one side. I've not expressed much from both sides today though? :shrug:
There's

Oops, I'm in my phone with baby sleeping on my shoulder, sorry!

There's plenty of milk when baby feeds though, wet nappies and baby content enough.

I don't respond very well to a pump at all. Sometimes I can't pump a drop but if I keep dry pumping after about 20 minutes I will get something. The other possibility is your pump has developed a fault, damaged valves or membranes are the most common issue. Then it can look like the pump is working but it isn't xx

Yup. definitely check your pump parts. The membranes need replaced every so often.

But, there are also times where I pump NOTHING. It's difficult for the milk to let down for a pump if you aren't relaxed. The most helpful advice I got was to make sure you are comfortable when you are pumping. When I am stressed or uptight, it takes a long time for the milk to start flowing.

&&& I wouldn't worry about low supply if your little one seems satisfied after nursing.

This happened to me after 6 months with DS1 when I started weaning, not sure if it was just where my supply reduced as I was feeding less? I started implementing formula for when I was away etc and as you can imagine my supply did dwindle then. But there was always enough to feed him myself at night etc.

Hmm, I'm just pumping now, my DS1 is at school, DH at work, and baby is fast asleep, I'm just sat relaxed with a cup of tea, and have pumped 70ml in 15 minutes. State of mind and environmental factors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->