Any one lied on there booking

dinidani

just a little bit preggo
Reaction score
Okay so i kinda lied in my midwive booking as i was sick off being classed as high risk when ive got three healthy children ds3 from my dh and he was extremly healthy 2 days late no mc but because ds1 and ds2 we had loads of mc they kept pitting us high risk so i sortav only told them about one late miscarage and none of the early once as i wanna have a water birth and well ive laboured good and had 0 complications during labour has anyone ever lied to there midwives so you can do have a birth you want

I mean, its up to you and if you think this is a good risk, then that's your choice. Personally, I do not lie to my doctors or anyone else associated with the birth of my kid. They know all the nasty, tmi details because I don't want to take any chances, and, frankly, that's what they get paid for lol. But if you know your body and yourself, and this is something you want, then do it. :)

^ I agree with this. I wouldn't take the risk. It's always best to give your doctors the full information needed, they are there to help :)

I wouldn't either. Do they not have access to your medical records anyway? (I'm not sure if they do or not) I think it's important information for them to know so they can deliver appropriate care to you.

They can ask for my medical records or previus notes but i have to agree to it the only reason i was high risk because the amount of mc i have had with my ex but my dh ive been with for 4 years and have a three year old nearly and his pregnancy was text book all straight foward and no mc my two boys from ex was text book pregnancy no problem in labour no interventions no pain relief nothing so i had all this wasted medical extras with ds3 that was a waste of resources he shouldnt have had a high risk pregnancy wasnt over or under weight had normal heart rate pulse you name it it was normal my labour with him was so fast as i knew my body and new what i was doing i nearly delieverd him by my self as midwive wasnt ready so with this baby now further then all normal mc at like 4-5 weeks shouldnt be judged on previous experiences if you kno what i mean i dont need extra doctors or extra prenatal care as some one who really needs it could be better suited but ive always wanted a home water birth but couldnt have anything other then a labour ward hospital at high risk attached to contraction monitors and baby monitors so for last baby we want a more relaxed more baby led labour even if its in a birthing centre where theres option of water if i feel comfortable my midwive knows how important it is for me to stay low risk but i never lied as told them about the one late mc i had to go hospital with buy i believe its whats best for yhe baby and me as we shouldbt be high risk as dh has two sons that where perfect low risk pregnancys easy labours no complications so genetics most probley better match etc xx

They can ask for my medical records or previus notes but i have to agree to it the only reason i was high risk because the amount of mc i have had with my ex but my dh ive been with for 4 years and have a three year old nearly and his pregnancy was text book all straight foward and no mc my two boys from ex was text book pregnancy no problem in labour no interventions no pain relief nothing so i had all this wasted medical extras with ds3 that was a waste of resources he shouldnt have had a high risk pregnancy wasnt over or under weight had normal heart rate pulse you name it it was normal my labour with him was so fast as i knew my body and new what i was doing i nearly delieverd him by my self as midwive wasnt ready so with this baby now further then all normal mc at like 4-5 weeks shouldnt be judged on previous experiences if you kno what i mean i dont need extra doctors or extra prenatal care as some one who really needs it could be better suited but ive always wanted a home water birth but couldnt have anything other then a labour ward hospital at high risk attached to contraction monitors and baby monitors so for last baby we want a more relaxed more baby led labour even if its in a birthing centre where theres option of water if i feel comfortable my midwive knows how important it is for me to stay low risk but i never lied as told them about the one late mc i had to go hospital with buy i believe its whats best for yhe baby and me as we shouldbt be high risk as dh has two sons that where perfect low risk pregnancys easy labours no complications so genetics most probley better match etc xx

I totally agree with you, there’s too much red tape in the uk, stastics and risk factors, not individual facts, there’s no reason to not let you labour how you want giving you’ve had successful straight forward births,
I too have told a little lie, I was previously induced due to.. all I can say is busyness of the hospital.. they needed my bed. And so rushed me through an induction process. But because of previous induction they would of put me as consultant care, not midwife led, this making it impossible to get a homebirth or water birth. Induction was terrible my body was not ready. But I know I can labour on my own perfectly fine! Same as you.
They have all our notes on previous births anyway, which is all they care about.
Good luck on getting the birth you want.

How many miscarriages have you had? I have had two and an ectopic pregnancy and I was still on green pathway, then moved to amber pathway due to weird movement patterns and my own pulse (it was high but no cause found so they put it down to white coat syndrome)

Even in amber pathway I could get whatever birth I wanted, I just saw a consultant as well as midwife

I've had several early miscarriages and my midwife has never considered me "high risk" for that reason alone. I was considered high risk in my last pregnancy because I had polyhydramnios that led to the premature birth of my son but it had nothing to do with my previous miscarriages. This time they are taking precautions to prevent another premature birth by giving me progesterone shots but I'm still not classified as "high risk" yet. As long as everything goes smoothly this time, I will be considered a candidate for a natural birth. I'd say since you've had previous pregnancies that resulted in live births, mentioning your miscarriage history probably won't have any affect on this pregnancy as to whether or not you get a water birth. They need to know your history though in case you also need progesterone, as I see from your siggy you've had a couple preemies too.

I had sixteen miscarriages and two stillbirths before my youngest, and no I wouldn’t lie. I understand that you really want the birth that you do but lots of miscarriages puts you at risk of other things, so it’s inportant that they’re aware to keep an eye. You can still push for the birth you want.

I had two early miscarriages at 5 weeks and my doctors do not think they are indicative of anything that early

I think if you're class as high risked i would take that as it is. Its great news you had no complications but never jinx it or take risks like that, its your health and babies that you could be risking.
I am a high risk pregnancy, my son i had no problems with or birth but i am high risk, i hate it as i really want a water birth or to be in the mulberry suite (a suite in the hospital that looks like you're at home) but i have to be in the plain ugly delivery suite in case anything happens, but i'm ok with that because at least me and baby will be in the safest place we can be.

Can you not choose to birth how you want no matter how they classify you? Or will they drop you as a patient if you say you absolutely want a certain type of birth? I know my pregnancies very well (like you do) so I have definitely fibbed to my mw because I know why she's asking certain things. But having previous mc's is not something I would lie about. Not sure why that would put you out of home birth...

Its like we had a wierd three monyhs at the start of the year were everyone was adament we was expecting and told midwives everything was classed as high risk got to the scan and no pregnancy so when at the midwives this time told them about no baby and kept all the mc quiet and low risk so i dunno my pregnancys have been straight foward no complications during in labour or after so far ive had the most text book pregnancy strong positive lines no morning sickness no nothing apart from saw boobs u/s says everything is looking good couldnt go into detail as it was looking at my liver but just had a lil scan over but everything is absaloutly perfect and no high blood pressure nothing so why should it be treated as high risk when you kno your body and yh if your high risk you can only have one birth in a ward attached to ctg machines but with my ds3 i refused to just lay down to be monitored as i was 2 days over due went into labour naturally was in labour an hour got to hospital at 6 cm and i knew when he was ready as i had continuas contraction i was having 5 2 minuit contractions in 10 minuits soon as one went another came and i knew when i was 10 cm so pushed when i wanted to as midwive only had one glove on as i told her im gonna push and she said oh yh 10cm and he came out in his sack and that was 15 minuits into my hospital stay didnt have time for canular or wrist bands just gas and air and i liked i was able to control my birth but i want to have a more home from home feel as wanted a home birth but just incase i wanna be close to a hospital so i think with my last baby i wanna do things how i want to dream to do it as wanna try out hypno birthing and all alternative labouring and stuff

Its like we had a wierd three monyhs at the start of the year were everyone was adament we was expecting and told midwives everything was classed as high risk got to the scan and no pregnancy so when at the midwives this time told them about no baby and kept all the mc quiet and low risk so i dunno my pregnancys have been straight foward no complications during in labour or after so far ive had the most text book pregnancy strong positive lines no morning sickness no nothing apart from saw boobs u/s says everything is looking good couldnt go into detail as it was looking at my liver but just had a lil scan over but everything is absaloutly perfect and no high blood pressure nothing so why should it be treated as high risk when you kno your body and yh if your high risk you can only have one birth in a ward attached to ctg machines but with my ds3 i refused to just lay down to be monitored as i was 2 days over due went into labour naturally was in labour an hour got to hospital at 6 cm and i knew when he was ready as i had continuas contraction i was having 5 2 minuit contractions in 10 minuits soon as one went another came and i knew when i was 10 cm so pushed when i wanted to as midwive only had one glove on as i told her im gonna push and she said oh yh 10cm and he came out in his sack and that was 15 minuits into my hospital stay didnt have time for canular or wrist bands just gas and air and i liked i was able to control my birth but i want to have a more home from home feel as wanted a home birth but just incase i wanna be close to a hospital so i think with my last baby i wanna do things how i want to dream to do it as wanna try out hypno birthing and all alternative labouring and stuff

I found it quite difficult to read this due to lack of punctuation, but I was looked after closely in first trimester (I had weekly scans) due to my history of ectopic/miscarriage. This was mainly for my own reassurance. When I got to 12 weeks I was signed off of early pregnancy unit care and my normal midwife took over. They didn't really discuss "risk" until nearer the end of second tri. I still did hypnobirthing even though I was amber pathway. Your blood pressure doesn't really become a worry until third tri. I think you have been misinformed somehow.

Hope you don't mind, was having a nosey in this section and came across your post. If you are in the uk you can labour exactly how you want, even if it goes against the advice of your midwife. Both my pregnancies were high risk, I still had my home water birth with my second, much to the annoyance of my midwife, thankfully she wasn't there for the delivery! You just have to be strong and know your rights xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->