Any one trying to stay awake through sleep pangs?

SareBear

Reaction score
Only 2 weeks to go and I'm trying to toughen myself up for when little one is here. I have 10HRS at night and have been having an aft nap at 3pm for 1-2 hrs.

Today, I stayed awake and feel like I've been hit with a truck driven by a grump monster.

I'm worried that I now don't need this sleep and that it's just my body in a routine? Am gonna deprive myself of my aft nap again tomorrow. Will let you know if I'm as bad.

I just feel so unhealthy having these naps and I can't get anything done. Can too much sleep make you lathargic and almost depressed? I don't want to do anything.

:muaha: x x x Lazy Cow

I think just being pregnant can make you feel this tired and lethargic. I would take those naps while you still can!!

I used to always fall asleep on the sofa between 8-9.30 pm after work and before hubby got home.. We're now staying at my MIL as were having work done to our place..and i haven't had a nap for about 3 weeks or so..but still get 10 hours a night.

Don't know what i prefere to be honest! LOL

xxx

I think you should take the sleep when you can get it. I know what you mean about the little one coming and feeling like you cant get anything done but you should consider that you have to have enough energy to give birth, denying yourself sleep might cause you problems. I also think you are feeling tired for good reason.

Once you have one baby there'll be no sleeping the next time you're pregnant so take advantage while you can! Though soon, you will be amazed at how little sleep you really need!

Don't try to toughen yourself up! You'll regret it once your little one's here! You'll just think to yourself, 'why did I do that?!'

xx

Please nap! your body needs to get ready for labour, and is telling you it needs to recharge. Pregnancy makes you sleepy for a reason.

When your LO comes it will take about a week to get used to less sleep, don't deprive yourself now, it's pointless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->