Any Other 6.5month Old Babies Not STTN?

rachxbaby1x

Reaction score
As the title sez really, Harrison's sleeping seems to be getting worse these past few weeks?!?:shrug:

He sttn about 4 times now on odd occasions, but usually wakes around 3 times a night, although not feeding all three times, he just wakes, makes alot of noise and wont go off for hrs:dohh:

Any ideas on what hes up to? or just tips on getting him to settle better?:shrug:
:hugs:

snap - we went through the same from 5.5mths for 6 weeks - she would wake most nights, usually just the once but would make noises all night and she would be happy, cooing and banging her feet the minute she woke.
we tried a feed once but she didn't want so we left her be.
it would continue for 2-3hrs, most of it quite happy even though we ignored her and then she would get tired / miserable have a moan and go back to sleep.
apparently there is some 6mth regression - saw a few posts on here about it and it described my LO perfect.
over those 6wks she learnt to army crawl, sit up unaided, sit up from lying by herself, eat and stand with support so I guess that is a lot to take in.
she finally broke the pattern after 6 weeks and so far we are on 2 weeks and a bit I think of constant unbroken nights again x

My LO is 10 months and still doesnt sleep through :( tho he does seem to get worse for a week or so every few weeks.

Firstly, can i just ask what the abrv STTN means?

Alfie is been a nightmare at night at the mo, waking up all the time wanting to chat & play for hours on end. my OH is on the settee at mo & i'm herdly getting anysleep :(

What is sleep regression?

Is he crying when he wakes or just making a noise? If he is just making a noise, are you going into him? If so, I found this was our error. At about 4.5-5 months Madeline was waking at 4am on the dot, and cooing and playing in her cot. I would go in to settle her (cos I was afraid the noise on the monitor would disturb DH who has to get up for work) and within 5 mins I would be back in, as she would see me and want to play, or want cuddles. This meant she would start kicking off and it could be an hour or more before she settled.

We started by turning the monitor right down, so we could hear if she was upset but were not disturbed by the chattering and noisemaking. Then we realised that we could hear her better without the monitor. So we switched it off and haven't looked back. She is in the room right next to ours and her head is by head just separated by a wall. We have all slept more soundly since, in fact, we always get to 8/8.30am without us having heard her. I think we were disturbing her more by going in to her, when in fact she just needed to settle herself back to sleep.
There have been occasions where she has woke up crying, and we have heard her straight away - it's what has worked for us. x

yes! my lo is 6.5 months now and doeesnt sleep through. his sleep is all over the place. he was brill as a newborn, only woke once or twice for a feed, then slept though for a week when he was 2 months old and has never slept through since! his sleep got progressively worse to the point that he was waking 4/5 times a night crying. he has settled down a bit now but still wakes once or twice.
his sleep pattern changes all the time. last week he just woke once at 3am for a quick feed, this week hes wakng at 2am for a feed and then waking again at 5.50am where i have to bring him into bed with me so he will go back to sleep for an hour or so.
i dont have any advice im sorry, but your not alone! i dont feel my lo is ever going to sleep through! x

Hi. Sam slept so well until he was 5 months and since then he has been a bit hit and miss.
He will sometimes only wake up once and other times he wakes up more and will want boob to settle again.
We have put him in his own room this week and we are hoping this will help him STTN again. XX

Yes! We have a good few days and then it all changes. There is no reason, we are not doing anything different, just happens!! :wacko:

Def agree with babyjayne, I have turned the monitor down but need to turn it off really!! I go in at the slightest noise, sometimes I'm still half asleep.

We have the day and evening routine cracked, just need to sort night times!

Good luck!

xx

yes! my lo is 6.5 months now and doeesnt sleep through. his sleep is all over the place. he was brill as a newborn, only woke once or twice for a feed, then slept though for a week when he was 2 months old and has never slept through since! his sleep got progressively worse to the point that he was waking 4/5 times a night crying. he has settled down a bit now but still wakes once or twice.
his sleep pattern changes all the time. last week he just woke once at 3am for a quick feed, this week hes wakng at 2am for a feed and then waking again at 5.50am where i have to bring him into bed with me so he will go back to sleep for an hour or so.
i dont have any advice im sorry, but your not alone! i dont feel my lo is ever going to sleep through! x

Harrison does the same, he will never wake at the same times every night, its always random times xxxxx I hope he settles down soon, I neeeeedddddd sleeeeepppppppp! :haha: xxxx

Is he crying when he wakes or just making a noise? If he is just making a noise, are you going into him? If so, I found this was our error. At about 4.5-5 months Madeline was waking at 4am on the dot, and cooing and playing in her cot. I would go in to settle her (cos I was afraid the noise on the monitor would disturb DH who has to get up for work) and within 5 mins I would be back in, as she would see me and want to play, or want cuddles. This meant she would start kicking off and it could be an hour or more before she settled.

We started by turning the monitor right down, so we could hear if she was upset but were not disturbed by the chattering and noisemaking. Then we realised that we could hear her better without the monitor. So we switched it off and haven't looked back. She is in the room right next to ours and her head is by head just separated by a wall. We have all slept more soundly since, in fact, we always get to 8/8.30am without us having heard her. I think we were disturbing her more by going in to her, when in fact she just needed to settle herself back to sleep.
There have been occasions where she has woke up crying, and we have heard her straight away - it's what has worked for us. x

He usually just makes noise not crying, and i think ur def right about me going in, ans him thinking its playtime. I think i will try leaving him tonight to settle on his own. He does self settle when going to bed so hopefully he will learn to do this at night too x:baby:

alice didnt sleep through untill 11 n half months! it was really bad from 7-11 months waking atleast 10times a night. i then did controlled crying because i was completely fed up and im a single mummy and needed sleep! within 2 nights she realised i wasnt getting up every time she cried and she slept through :)

I've just worked out what STTN means. Alfie hasnt ever slept through, just latley his sleeping is much worse tho, i've found he's spending more time awake than asleep :(

Yes, sleep is still a big issue here. We're on the 2nd wave of controlled crying, and this time he's louder and more persistant than he was when he was 6 months old...xx

Bella still gets up at least twice during the night for feeds. The last few nights have been terrible...she's up like every 1-2 hours and I feel like I'm a walking zombie from lack of sleep.

Our LO has never slept through -not once. She has a set routine in the day but at night she has a bottle at 6, sleeps at 6.30, then every night differs. Sometimes shes awake every hour, sometime she ll sleep until 2am then wake up. Sometimes, she ll get up at 5 - sometimes 7!?:wacko: Sometimes shell wake babbling all night, sometimes she ll cry! Its always been this way!

Every one said wait til shes on solid she ll sleep through but made no difference. Im back to work soon and I have no idea how im going to cope.:wacko:

I tried CIO again last night, and it worked! He was asleep within the half hour, and woke up for a feed, and then settled himself back down! Again this morning too. It worked out quite well and if it keeps going this way, he should be sleeping through by the end of the week.
Im doing the Ferber method.
GL with your LO!

Lucy slept through until 4 months and npw maybe sleeps through once a fortnight? At the mo, she is in bed for 7pm, up at 11pm ish for a bottle and then again at 4am ish....

Please tell me she will sleep through consistantly soon.

At 10.5 months we are finally getting a few nights here and there where he'll STTN. The rest of the night's he's up every 2 hours.

Nope. ds2 is 9 months and doesn't STTN, and ds1 didnt' STTN until he was 20 months old. Totally normal. Hang in there, it will happen when he's ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"