Any other Assisted Conception ladies cautiously pregnant and want to share the wait?!

Hello..hope i can join this thread..

A bit of my background: i was on Clomid 1st cycle and injection on day 14 to help me ovulate..day 12 scan my doctor saw 2 beautiful eggs and said if all goes well, i could have twins..

LMP on 8th Nov and got my BFP on 14dpo..my doctor sets for my first ultrasound on 12th Jan..since i just cant wait, i went for a check up at a small clinic at my hometown on 7w1d expecting to see baby and heartbeat..

But on the ultrasound monitor we saw only one empty sac and the doctor said that my pregnancy is not viable and o should prepare to miscarry..i feel like crying!!

I think it is important to note that i have a tilted uterus..and my readings found out that there are cases of misdiagnosed miscarriage / misdiagnosed blighted ovum if u have a retroverted uterus..

Now im just crossing my fingers and praying very hard that my baby is just hiding somewhere back in my uterus and my current fertility doctor is able to locate my little precious on the 12th Jan appointment..if not 2 babies, im more than happy to have one..

Oh i should also add, the ultrasound was done abdominally..have no bleeding or spotting and no symptoms except for sore boobs..my bloat tho, pretty impressive lol

Oh i should also add, the ultrasound was done abdominally..have no bleeding or spotting and no symptoms except for sore boobs..my bloat tho, pretty impressive lol

I've heard many stories where nothing could be seen abdominally but something was seen transvaginally. I would insist on a transvaginal ultrasound

Finally got my second beta numbers today.... went up to 346, which gives me a doubling time of about 36 hours so everything looks peachy. I get my first ultrasound on Thursday. :D

Hi ladies,

I am new here to BnB, and just looking for a few ladies to talk with through this journey, so I am hoping to join this and other threads too!

A little about me. My DH and I have been TTC for 2 years. 4 failed IUI's and just finished our first round of IVF and we got our first BFP! I can't even believe it! It definitely hasn't sunk in!

12/30- BFP! Beta 117
1/2- Beta 461.7
1/40 Beta- still TBD (waiting for the doc's to call!)

I am nervous about basically everything since this is the first time I have made it to this stage and literally worry about every twinge, cramp, symptom I am having. My first scan is next monday. 7 days away, which feels like 7 years. :wacko: I already broke down and called the docs office this AM for my updated beta results because they make me wait until 4:00PM and I can't focus on ANYTHING else... but they said the results aren't in yet. GAH.

Anyways, I have enjoyed reading your stories and look forward to chatting throughout our journey!

Welcome dreems and congrats on your BFP.

I know what you mean about worrying every step of way. I was exactly the same after TTC for 4 years adlnd getting BFP on 1st round IVF. I've had 3 scans and I am 13.5 weeks and still worry now, esp as not had many symptoms.

Easier said than done but try not to worry too much, but it's only natural.

H&H 9 months x

Hi dreems! I think the first trimester is so hard. I worry about everything too, and I don't know how to stop! I hope the time passes quickly for all of us!

Welcome to the new ladies! Another worrier over here!

I'm still having regular brown spotting and I'm terrified!! I don't know how I'm going to get through the coming weeks as I am really struggling emotionally. It's really tough xx

Hello as well to all the new ladies - will write a proper post later. Have been having brown spotting since my trip to the hospital last Tuesday and my scan is in 45 minutes. Fee like bursting into tears as am just so scared they will still not see a baby. This is absolutely terrifying. ;(

Welcome to the new ladies! Another worrier over here!

I'm still having regular brown spotting and I'm terrified!! I don't know how I'm going to get through the coming weeks as I am really struggling emotionally. It's really tough xx

Me too. I have brown spotting like every 3 days. Are you on progesterone supplements? I have a progesterone gel (crinone) that goes vaginally and they said this is likely because of that. I don't think I would be as paranoid about miscarriage if I didn't have all this spotting!

Want :hugs: I'm so sorry doll. Thinking of you, take it easy and look after yourself. :hugs: xx

1nce - yes mine is every 2-3 days mostly as well. I had one period of about a week with nothing and now it's back to every few days again. I am on progesterone, cyclogest, sort of like pellets?!! I agree with you, I wouldn't be so terrified if it wasn't for the spotting, it's awful :(

Want :hugs: I'm so sorry doll. Thinking of you, take it easy and look after yourself. :hugs: xx

1nce - yes mine is every 2-3 days mostly as well. I had one period of about a week with nothing and now it's back to every few days again. I am on progesterone, cyclogest, sort of like pellets?!! I agree with you, I wouldn't be so terrified if it wasn't for the spotting, it's awful :(

The nurse told me the progesterone is very irritating and most likely the cause of spotting. The name of mine is called Crinone. And it creates this horrible build up which is probably what causes the spotting.

Hello to the new ladies. Welcome to this group. I think we are all going to be even more worried than the average pregnant women in this group given all the things we have had to go through to get here.

Want2b - thinking of you hunny and sending you love and prayers. So sorry for your loss. We are here if you want to talk about anything. :hugs: Take all the time you need.

Mrs W11 - sorry you are still having some spotting but as you mentioned, it is most likely from the progesterone. Stay positive (as much as you can) given you had a good scan the other day. When's your next scan?

Once - beautiful scan and great heartbeat. When's your next scan?

AJ - wishing you all the best for your scan on Thursday - how exciting?

Nickamal - sorry I don't have any answers for you, but sending you prayers for a better outcome with a transvaginal ultrasound on the 12th. At this stage it is so much easier to see more with a transvaginal ultrasound.

Peggy - did you get a date for your scan yet?

Hi to everyone else! Sorry if I missed you.

AFM - I have my first trimester screen tomorrow, so a full scan lasting 20-40 minutes and a blood test which should detect our likelihood of having genetic issues. It will likely take a few days to get the results back, but we should begin to know how things are looking from tomorrow. I can't believe we will be 12 weeks on Friday!

I'm so sorry want2b, sending you big :hugs:

MrsW11 hope the spotting stops soon and I'm sure once is right the progesterone capsules must cause some issues, how long is everyone still on them for? I've got another 3 weeks.

Some lovely looking scans too, mine is booked for 25th when I will be 8+5 (I think! I just took 14 days off EC day to work out dates from, is this right?)

Psalm, wow your scan and tests sound very thorough. And 12 weeks will be quite a milestone, hope it all goes well tomorrow

Peggy - yes date of your last period and day 1 of pregnancy will be 14 days before egg collection. I'm not sure how long I take my progesterone for? I'll need to ask. I think it's usually 12 ish weeks once the placenta has taken over hormone production.

Psalm - wow, can't believe you are 12 weeks already!! How exciting. Good luck for your scan tomorrow, enjoy seeing baby!! I remember both my 12 and 20 week scans with my dd being such exciting magical days, can't wait to do it all again!!

1nce - I guess the cyclogest might not be helping matters but they saw a bleed on my scan and did warn that it might come out as brown discharge so mine might well be that.

I'm so anxious we've decided to book another private scan for 9-10 weeks because my clinic have warned the dating scan is usually around 12 weeks but can be as late as 14 weeks. I'm 7+5 today. X

Mrs W, we had a scan at 7+3 with the clinic and didn't want to wait til the '12 week' scan before seeing baby again esp as I was 12 weeks xmas day and though be late due to xmas and new year, so paid for private scan ar 10 weeks. So glad I did as would have worried all that time. Amazing the difference in scans. My 7 week one looked like a shrimp lol and 10 week was a proper baby moving and waving etc. So worth the money, plus got so many pics and a dvd x

Hi all, the scan went pretty well. We saw the baby from so many different angles and even in 4D! The scan was to check for nuchal translucency as well and our chances for genetic disorders. Basically they give you numbers of your likelihood of having a baby with Down's, Edwards or Patau syndrome based on your age etc. and then after the scan they can give you updated numbers based on what they have seen. Ours all came out as very low likelihood of any of those, which is great news. I still went for the harmony blood test so we can have the chromosomes of the baby analyzed and we wait 10-14 days to get those results back.

The dr. Didn't quite get all the pictures he wanted to and he tried for a good half an hour. He tried with full and empty bladder but my uterus is so far back that the angle was difficult. He had the baby jumping up and down and he/she waved at us a couple times - which was an incredible feeling. The dr wants us to go back again next week (no extra charge) just to take another look at baby and confirm his initial findings. Again, he told us not to worry at all he just wants a better picture. So all in all we get yet another scan next week (this will be number 6) and hopefully the dr will see everything he wants to.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->