• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any other crawlers/cruisers no longer interested in interactive play?

minkymoo

Reaction score
Hi boys and girls

Since Noo learned to crawl a month ago, she now spends all day crawling to a point where she can pull up and - freakishly - standing by herself.

She was never really one for interactive play and it only ever lasted about 15 mins before she no longer wanted me in her face but now she just isn't interested at all, other than when I sit her on my knee and act daft or lie on the floor so she can climb all over me. Trying to read a book or play toys with her just results in her wondering off to explore something else.

Should I worry or leave her to it? Is this normal, or is she just anti-social? Like me.

I don't think she's anti-social; sounds like she wants to learn about the world around her independently.

My dd won't play with me, though she prefers that I sit and watch her play rather than do something else on my own. She'll quite happily crawl off to go and investigate something - like the washing machine (I'm in a flat) and leave me on my own, yet she wouldn't let me do the same!!

I think your dd is on her way to becoming a confident, independent, happy lo.

Holly's the same. Totally uninterested in playing with me, and prefers to explore instead. I see it as a blessing, means I can come on here without feeling guilty :rofl:

Yep my lo is the same now. Not bothered in his toys and if I do sit down and play with him he just uses me to pull up and stand up. It's paying off though all this wanting be on his feet cus yesterday I counted 4 seconds of unaided standing! 4 seconds seems ages when your heart is in your mouth!

My LO does the same thing. All she wants to do is crawl to a place where she can pull up. If I sit on the floor, she pulls up on me. She only plays with a toy when she's strapped into her car seat.

my LOs the same, i feel guilty for not playing with him but hes happy going round the room looking at and climbing things so i leave him to it now and let him come to me when he wants me! :D

Maia has become more confident with crawling this week and has had no interest in me whatsoever. If I pick her up to try and sing with her or anything she just fusses to get down and crawls away and as others have said the closest she gets to interest in me is if I lie on the floor and she can climb over me or if I'm wearing my glasses and she pulls them off. I feel like I should be doing more with her but she's so interested in exploring her world she doesn't even respond when I talk to her. I suppose I should make the most of having some bnb time but the truth is I'm feeling a bit rejected

God forgive me but I wish Anton was like that!
Cant get 2 seconds peace, I thought it was supposed to get easier as they got older :dohh:

Maria is the same, she just wanders off. All she wants to do is explore and play with things that she shouldn't - doesn't even like her toys anymore.

But like Sapphire, it makes me feel less guilty about coming on here :winkwink: :haha:

Why would she want to play with crappy toys and books, there's so much mischief to look for now!!
Sky cards to pull out, money to post in DVD players, photoframes to smash... So much more fun!!

Just move everything that's all I'm saying.. I spent weeks in denial I'd be able to control and disipline my older boy from not touching anything. I surrendered!!

I tend to take things off her if she finds them but really need to babyproof so I don't have to keep saying "get out of the cupboard" "leave the bin alone" "no don't touch that, fire = hot!"

i gave up trying to get him to play with me, i've just babyproofed his room and the living room, shut all other doors and let him wander around. when he wants a cuddle of attention he trieng s to climb on the sofa 'mamama' and holding his hands out to me. i miss newborn cuddles *sigh* but i can get on and do things now. except now, he's pulling on my trousers and whinging because it's naptime lol

I don't think she's anti-social; sounds like she wants to learn about the world around her independently.

My dd won't play with me, though she prefers that I sit and watch her play rather than do something else on my own. She'll quite happily crawl off to go and investigate something - like the washing machine (I'm in a flat) and leave me on my own, yet she wouldn't let me do the same!!

I think your dd is on her way to becoming a confident, independent, happy lo.

My lo has the same double standards as your dd! She wanders off doing whatever she wants - but I try to do something she gets upset! & if I leave the room all hell breaks loose :dohh:

And if I sit on the floor with her I become part of the obstabcle course :haha:

The only things we can still play are peek-a-boo (but only if she starts it!), rolling the ball to each other (for a grand total of about 5 turns each) and if I'm lucky I can get one round of 'row your boat' done before she wanders off. That's pretty much it!

I don't think it's antisocial or anything to worry about. Us mummies are clearly just not as entertaining as a good wire/mug/tiny piece of fluff :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"