Any other disabled mums-to-be?

Aww missy. That sucks. How do you mean wildly wrong about your dates? Try having a warm bath...that usually helps me?

i got my bfp on 2nd april and guessed id be about 3-4 weeks but midwife wanteed to go off my last bleed not listening that it was a patch withdrawel bleed not natural af, so she put me at 7, and booked a scan fo when she said i''d be dead on 12, but i though i'd be moree like 8 weeks, went to scan expecting to see something resembled 8 weeks baby, but scan put me at 6+2, so put me in a spin cos it means i got a :bfp: at like 9 days after conception!!! when i told this to sonographer she was like well i cant see a heartbeat of fetal pole so this may mean ur baby died at 6+2 and ur body hasnt realised. and she booked me for another scan on 21st may, "to check ongoing pregnancy"

so im just waiting.....

wow essay sorry lol

Aww you poor thing. My friend is going through the same thing. Having said that when I had my 6 week scan they cudnt see anything...then my 7 week scan they could see the heartbeat. But at my 9 week scan they wanted to put my dates back almost a week even though I was convinced of my conception date. And by the next scan it was right back on track again so they arent always right.

my next scan is 21st, and theyve said they'll try and get accurate info via abdominal scan but they may do internal one to get a better look, im just hanging on til then, im quite excited bout the dates theyve given me tho if im honest cos it means i conceived on my 6yr aniversay with oh:) and im due between xmas and new year:)

Aww thats sweet. I conceived this baby on the day my grandad passed away. Due 19th October. Cant wait.

imm reeli excited for later on but scared too, drs keep saying i should consider a c section, but im like my mum had 3 of us naturally and her cp was worse let me think on it a bit longer..... and they want me to have meetings with aneathastists to discuss local or general anastestic for c.sec, bloody drs dont listen to me!!

I'm getting seriously uncomfortable now, and a little nervous with it. Not sure if it's a long term worry and I'll manage, or if I really need to be readjusting my expectations :shrug:

I know I really don't want to take the medication which they say you 'can'. I feel guilty enough about the codiene :(

I'm trying really hard not to let on at work incase they write me off :/

Jo, I feel for you with the C section... it was like that for me years ago. I think now they're giving me the benefit of the doubt and just seening how we get on.

I'd be happy to move us to the groups section - how about the rest of you?

i think moving us would be good too as it means we can keep the thread up :)

Moving sounds fine to me girls :D But I'm afraid I have no idea how to do it!! Anyone know?? :blush:

xxx

Hi everyone.

I had my baby :D I haven't done an official post about it just yet, I'm soooo busy and exhausted.

Chaise Richard Peter was born by C-section at 9.50 on Wednesday the 13th of May weighing 7.15lb's. I was 38+3 weeks (The consultant got me in as soon as possible due to SPD, depression and just being totally exhausted.) It feels weird thats hes already 5 days old when he shouldn't be here for another 6 days! But I'm soooo glad he's here, I'm finding it very very tiring but I'm loving every minute of it :)

I got out of hospital on Saturday and we're still trying to settle down, so I probably won't be around much for a while. If anyone has any questions about c-sections/managing with M.E ect feel free to message me.

Good luck with all your pregnancies :D

hi girls i suffer with mild cp and i am having a natural birth but i have a growth scans from 28 weeks booked for the 7th of july i am so nervous cos he cud be born around 36wks if needed. i havent had any problems with my cp at all and thought i would. i dont have any back pain etc and i have curvisure of it. i am 22 weeks now

:happydance:

Congratulations, Angel!!! How totally awesome :D It must be so wonderful to have him home :)
Take time to settle down, of course, but we'd LOVE to see photos if you get a chance!! Cute name, too :winkwink: I'll bet you're over the moon!!!

x x x x x

congrats angel :) sending u loves n hugs xxxx

scottishgal i too have cp and have had quite a lot of back pain already so far!!:( how often are they looking at scanning you??? my drs wont even talk to me about natural birth theyre pretty adamnat bout c/sec :? saying cos of my cp and my "petite stature" im 4ft10 it wouldnt b feasable, :??

Congratulations mummy-angel! :D

Hope you have a lovely first few weeks getting to know eachother xxx

Thanks girls.

Here's mummy, daddy and Chaise :D

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2220/3541065808_cb072f8ffb.jpg

He has really bad colic at the minute so we're really struggling but I've done a lot of things to make life easier. I'm just going to point a few things out incase they might help anyone, tell me to shut up if not lol!

We both suffer from M.E, and my husband from fibro. The crib is next to my bed so I have easy access to it. I've put a box at the end of the crib (with the bumper around the end of it) and I use it to store a few nappies, babywipes, vests and a folding changing mat ect for during the night so I don't actually have to get up if he needs his nappy changing.

On my husbands side of the bed we have a mini fridge, in which we keep 2 bottles. We have an insulated bottle holder, and because the fridge gets so cold, each time Chaise finishes a bottle we get one out and put it into the holder so its warmed up by the time his next feed is due.

We have a changing station with a bath which I've only used twice but it has been useful. I use the shelves to store his clothes, nappies, wipes ect.

I have 12 bottles so there's always some spare and have 4 made up in the morning and 4 made up before my carers leave. In the kitchen I have a big plastic tub which we washed out with milton and I use this to store the sterlized bottles in (probably not 100% ideal but it makes life soooo much easier than having to wait for the sterelizer each time or only having a few ready to use at a time.)

My husband has his own room due to us having different sleeping patterns, so we have a moses basket in his room for if I need to rest and my husband is looking after Chaise. The moses basket is ideal as my husband feels safer carrying this than he does carrying Chaise incase he gets dizzy or his legs give way.

Although we are not using Chaise's room yet, we have a chair which folds into a bed in there, which is ideal for when people stay over. Both my mum and brother have stayed for a few days to help us out. We have also been doing shifts so we both manage to get some rest, as Chaise doesn't settle at night very well.

Something else I would say is REALLY important is to do as much forward planning as you can. I bought EVERYTHING I thought we might need, and it's been really useful having surplus of everything as I have really not felt like going out.

Also, if any of you have a c-section or bleed a lot, the pampers bed mats are really good for if any accidents occur during the night, it saves changing your sheets and they can just been thrown away afterwards (so no washing either.)

Also, make sure you have plenty of pillows around for making yourself comfortable and resting the baby on during feeds. This is a little unorthodox, but if you have weak arms you can place a pillow lightly on the babies chest and rest the bottle on it (holding it at the same time.) My friend with CP does this and it works really well.

Overall though, you just find your own ways of doing things. Follow your instinct and as long as its sensible, do what you think is right as you really do get to know your own baby.

Good luck girls :)

Thanks so much, Angel: It's wonderful to have a little insight into how things will be!! I hope you're doing ok and settling nicely into a routine that works for you :)

:hugs:
Shadow x x x x

sending you much love angel xxx thanks for writing up ur advice and how your getting xxx

Those girls who have scoliosis....have you been told whether you are allowed an epidural or not? I am loathe to have one because when I had a lumbar puncture I ended up not able to sit up properly for 2 weeks cos I had such a severe headache!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->