Any other disabled mums-to-be?

i have already posted all over your facebook angel.. but will say it here :D

he is gorgeous and congrats !!!

hiya :) sorry I havent been around for a while. :)

Had my 1st physio appointment today. We went through all my problems. She assessed my back, my pelvis, hips and knees...

My back is full of nodules that will need massaged out regularly. :(

My left hip is in real bad shape cos of my B.J.H.S...it sits at a weird angle and out of alignment. Hence the constant dislocation.

My arthritis in my knees is very very bad too :( But she said there's not a lot about that that she can do as the other problems are affecting it badly.

My pelvis is inflamed really bad. And the other joint probs has now resulted in severe SPD. :cry:

I am to have the occupational therapists out to the house to equip me with the right things needed for getting in and out of bed etc...I already have the bathroom stuff from the last time they came out a couple of yrs ago.

They have put me on crutches for the rest of the pregnancy as my walking stick is not doing the job and she doesn't want me to loose my mobility altogether.

Im to go back for regular massage and therapy with her too.

James has to basically now do most things around the house including most things to do with bathing etc the kids as I am not allowed to. I feel like a massive burden. :(

I have a bump support thing like a huuuuge tubey grip bandage lol its not very sexy or attractive :rofl: And one of the horrid brace things that hurts to wear but its to help align my hips.

And I will more than likely get induced this time round as well as shes referring me for induction to my consultant who I next see on 4th of June. BOOO!

Hope you are all well

:hugs:

Abblebubba, I've just seen in third tri that you've had your little boy!!!! Congratulations honey :D That's fantastic! I see him in your avatar too, he is GORGEOUS :)

Any news on whether admin can move this thread for us, girls??
I hope everyone is doing well, I am on severely severely reduced mobility now, but it's ok as I'm being very well taken-care of!

Babystar, sorry about all those stresses and pains, hun :( Sounds like you are having a very similar pregnancy to how mine was, but also that you're being looked after well by your medical people, so that's good to know. I also have the hideous huge tubi-grip type support bandage, but dont wear it much cos it itches!! But I have two different bump/hip/pelvic support straps too, and one of those in particular works fairly well to keep the SPD to a minimum and to support bump somewhat. I hope yours help you too sweetie :hugs:

Hope you're all well, at the various stages of pregnancy we are all at, and those who are getting near the "finish line" now (like me, sort of! :yipee: ) good luck for the Big Day and keep us posted :D

:hug:
Shadow xxx

i wish all you girls te very very best, unfortunately i've lost my baby:(

i'll be trying again in a few months tho,

i did add this thread to the request list to be moved to groups about a week or so ago, so i imagine wobbles will do it when they can

So sorry MissyMojo :hugs:
Havent been around much as really suffering with my back finding it so hard to do everyday things, had to stop wearing my back support as comes at the top of my stomach and have to wear it tight to pull spine into position so im having to do without it and i lack confidence already this is making it worse as feel people are looking at me more cause my backs not straight. Im getting by using parcetamol and freeze spray which consultant said was ok to use.

Oh Missy :( :( I'm so sorry honey. That's just awful... I wish you all the very very best for your next try and I'm sure that once you get there and have that lovely baby it will all be worth it... Take some time to settle yourself hun, we'll all be thinking of you.

:hug:

Shadow x x x x

Hello girlies!
Shadowrat yes! i have had my little boy, he is a very cute little man if i do say so myself, :smug: Ahh sorry i have not properly introduced him, i have been trying to do my bloody birth story but i cant remember much!! :blush:

Missymojo, i am sorry to hear of your loss, :hugs: i hope your next try brings you a beautiful bundle of joy, i have been through the same if you ever need a chat pm me hun? lots of love.

OK so i think i have left most girlies on here long enough sooo, let me proudly introduce my long awaited bundle of CUTENESSS!

Tyler Jay Phipps, C section baby, 7lbs3oz, 19th May, 5:37pm.

tyler jay.jpgtj.jpgtyler jay 15.jpgtyler jay 7.jpgtyler jay 3.jpg

your little man looks fantastic!!! congrats abblebubba xxxxx

hello hello ladies... I was gonna make some disabled mother blinkies :) They will be really basic cos that's all I am good at... so i will make some for you to look at :) see what you think... if you want one with a specific disability I could try and make one, but at the min I am limited to 21 letters in the blinkies lol sorry!

https://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/img/046642001244558017.gif

https://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/img/381477001244558072.gif

https://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/img/956335001244558132.gif

https://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/img/063068001244558427.gif

Hope you guys like them :hugs: I can make variations of those as well...diff coloured txt or backgrounds if you like

(I am too scared to put them in the blinkie forum incase ppl think they are crap hahaha)

Ahhh Babystar they are just what i was waiting for :) they are very good hunn, just a question as im a pain in the bum LOOL can the text be any bigger on them?

They are brilliant - this may be a daft question how would i use it - do you just copy and paste.

Thank you

stephanie

Ahhh Babystar they are just what i was waiting for :) they are very good hunn, just a question as im a pain in the bum LOOL can the text be any bigger on them?

Thats the biggest I can make them sorry :(

They are brilliant - this may be a daft question how would i use it - do you just copy and paste.

Thank you

stephanie

you just right click them and save them then upload them onto your photobucket...that will give you your BB code for them... pop that into your siggy through edit sig

for some reason my blinkies have disappeared :( sorry girls :( I will try and make some more xxx

Hmmm had to search for this as we have disappeared off the radar.

I have to go to Occupational Health on thursday as my sciatica has been so bad over the last few weeks that I ended up calling in sick for Sunday night. Went to the gp yesterday morning who signed me off for the rest of the week and suggested I go back to see the physio as nobody else will touch me with a barge pole while I am pregnant. So I have managed to book an appointment for next Friday so hopefully she will be able to help. Also had to phone Occy Health and try to make an appointment to discuss my working arrangements with them as the 13 hour shifts and the amount of nights are just so not helping atm. So the Occy Health nurse phoned me this morning and she was an absolute sweetheart. She has squeezed me in to her emergency drop in clinic on Thursday morning and she wants to have a good chat with me as to whether she thinks I ought to be working at all with my back. She told me not to worry about work and that I should be worrying about how I feel and making sure I am not ruining my pregnancy experience by pushing myself too hard. Bless her, she nearly had me in tears. Even was concerned about whether I could walk down to the appointment and whether I was sleeping ok.

My gp thinks that at this rate Im going to end up in a back brace and on crutches and certainly not at work past 26 weeks.

LittleKitten :hugs: sorry to hear hun hope you feel better sooon

hope you are all doing well beautiful ladies :) my physio is doing good :) my right hand side is all out of alignment now but she expected that to happen... its just a case of massage etc when i see her.

I see my consultant on the 5th of July to talk about my joints etc and induction.

My CPN for my bipolar etc has ended our sessions till after the bubs comes :( dunno how to feel about that. And thats about it form me...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone, I've just popped back to say hello and I hope your all doing well with your pregnancies/babies.

My LO is 6 weeks now! I can't believe how fast it's gone!!!! We've had quite a difficult time with him so far, but thats been due to colic, oral thrush and constipation, not our health problems!! But things are getting easier and hopefully soon I'll be able to enjoy having him instead of just finding it stressful!

Babystar, I love your blinkies. If you have the time, pleaseee would you be able to make me one that says disabled mummy? I'd be really grateful :)

Hey girls. Quick update on my Occy Health appointment yesterday. She doesnt want me working nights or long days so she wants me to just do 3 early shifts a week. And she says if this doesnt work for me then she will sign me off until my maternity leave starts. Got to phone my dragon of a boss today to tell her so wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->