Any other hg sufferers?

BunnyN

Reaction score
I am 5+2 today and beginning to feel the effects of hg. I had it badly in my last pregnancy and I am not looking forward to the next couple of months. Is there any one else on here unfortunate enough to suffer from hg? Though it might help to have company!

I don't, but I just wanted to offer lots of :hugs: my hefty nausea is quite enough, I can't imagine having to go through what you are

Thanks hun. I had it 'mild' hg in my 1st pregnancy and then two with just bad morning sickness but last pregnancy I could barely move for 6 weeks and lost almost 3 stone. I just hope it doesn't get as bad as that this time. It was enough to put us off having another but life had other ideas, lol. Got a surprise bfp last week. I am really excited to have another but dreading the next couple of months.

I hope you nausea wears off soon.

Congrats Bunny! I’m an hg sufferer :( I’m about 12.5 weeks now and I still get sick. While this is my fourth pregnancy (second child God willing) this is the worst I’ve had it. My first pregnancy the medicine worked really well and I was feeling better second trimester. This time I can’t catch a break. It’s only been about two weeks now that I’ve been able to resume normal life and not in bed or hugging the toilet all day. Although I still have days where I can barely do anything. It’s so terrible. I hate to complain because after two losses I’m so grateful to be pregnant but it has been challenging.

I hope you don’t get as sick this time around.

Sorry you are suffering to but it's nice to know I'm not alone.

I'm trying to decide if I should start the medication now. They say it helps to start it before things get too bad but last time although it helped a bit with the sickness it made me really dizzy so I couldn't really get out of bed when I was taking it.

I had a loss before my last pregnancy so I keep trying to remind myself that everything is okay as long as baby is but somehow I'm finding it hard to convince myself. I think it's because this one was not planned and although very much wanted it just doesn't feel real yet. I don't feel like I am going to have a baby, I just feel horrid!

Hello ladies,
I'm at exactly 5 weeks with what will hopefully be my third baby, and already feeling pretty bad. This is my fourth pregnancy, and I've had it each time. I was actually sicker with my younger child's pregnancy, but found it easier to deal with than my first. I just remember every single milestone when everyone said it would definitely stop passing by, and still feeling so sick. I was so demoralized that I actually just thought I would throw up for the rest of my life.

I tried.some of the medications after I ended up hospitalized for dehydration w my first, but they didn't bring me enough relief to offset the fatigue, stomach pains and loss of appetite I had as side effects.

I'm also trying to remind myself how lucky I am to be pregnant, how it will all be worth it, etc, etc, but it is hard. I actually ended up having to share news of my pregnancy very early w one of the other moms at my son's school after she discovered me vomiting in the bathroom twice last week after drop off. I didn't want her to think I was perpetually hungover, or anything else.

I am 5+3, so we are close! I had hoped to hold off announcing the pregnancy for a couple more weeks but after spending 2 days between the bathroom and the couch decided to tell everyone today.

OH has booked an acupuncturist for me Tuesday. Acupuncture seemed to really help last time. We tried it out of desperation at 13 weeks when I hadn't been able to eat anything in 48hrs. That night I was sitting up eating scrambled eggs, something I couldn't have done in weeks. I saw him a couple more times but I got better quite rapidly after that. It's hard to say how much was the acupuncture and how much was that I was about to get better anyway. Really hoping it helps this time.

That is amazing to know about the accupuncture! I had never tried it for anything until I had some towards the end of my last pregnancy to try and turn my breech baby. She didn't turn, but the sessions definitely got her moving more than she EVER had during the entire pregnancy. I may look into it if I can find time to schedule the sessions. In my past pregnancies, the sickness went on for 5-6 months.

Poor you. Mine always peeked about 13 weeks then started getting better. I think I actually stopped being sick altogether at about 15 weeks but by then was able to get out and about a bit and eat regularly. At my worst it was a nightmare. I was in bed for 6 weeks and couldn't move my head without being sick.

I’m going on 13 weeks and i thought I’d find some relief, any relief, by now but today I’m struggling to get myself together after vomiting all day yesterday. Running to the toilet every 30 minutes for 6 hours straight was no fun. It’s been at least a week now since I’ve been that sick. I don’t see the light at the end of this tunnel.

I’m going to look into acupuncture as I’ve tried just about everything else. I just don’t want to spend anymore time in the hospital.

Sorry you are feeling so rough hun. Hope you are a little better today. It's just awful when you are being sick non stop.

I'm managing to limit being sick by staying laying down and not eating or drinking much during the day but obviously that's not an ideal solution. I manage to drink enough by drinking water in the night when I wake up which is the only time I feel less sick. I also ate fruit last night but it was hard work keeping it down after.

I have acupuncture this afternoon so I will let you know if it helps, I'm praying it does.

I did the acupuncture and it's definitely helped a bit. I was able to eat a bowl of porridge, and keep it down. Going to try a glass of water now!

Wow Bunny! I honestly thought you had to do a few sessions of acupuncture to see improvement. I had no idea it worked immediately. I will definitely look into it. Today I am feeling better. I was able to keep down a small meal last night although it caused severe nausea. I too noticed that eating less makes me feel better, but like you said it’s no ideal. I’m able to eat melon and feel okay as long as I don’t overeat it. Water makes me feel so sick and I don’t drink other beverages so Im hoping the melons are keeping me hydrated enough.

I only have one at home with me who’s about 4. How are you managing with your 3 little ones and being sick?

Last time I found the effects wore off after about 2 days but the result are quick. I actually began to notice a difference while he was still doing the session. He did say I seem to respond really well to acupuncture, not everyone responds so well or so quickly. I guess all you can do is try and see if it works for you. It's going to get expensive if I need sessions every 2 days for the next 2 months, but honestly I think I would mortgage the house for something that made me feel better!

I managed a large glass of water and have been sitting in bed doing mending. Lying down again now but beyond pleased to get some relief. I did try getting up briefly but passed the rubbish bin and the smell made me heave, had to dash back to bed before I threw up. OH has been totally in charge of the kids the last few days, no way I could cope with them on my own. The most I have managed is a few cuddles and some TV time with them. As soon as we found out I was pregnant he agreed to take time off work when I started getting bad. He works for himself so it makes it more flexible, of course we can only afford for him to take so much time off but he should manage enough to get through this. After the last pregnancy was so bad we were not planning another but this was a surprise.

Glad you are doing better today. Mellons do have lots of water in. Have you tried tiny sips of water with a straw? Sometimes I find if I drink it in tiny enough amounts it will stay down. It's not much but it adds up.

Hi ladies,
Glad to hear the accupuncture provided some relief, Bunny. For some reason, I have found that liquids w a little fizz work best for me to keep hydrated. I rely on orange seltzer water, but drink only tiny amounts at a time. The really salty baked Lay's potato chips also work for me; I've relied on them for severe motion sickness as well. Unfortunately I had to have surgery on my mouth literally the day before I found out I was pregnant (was already feeling queasy, but hadn't figured it out yet) , and was put on a liquid/puree diet for 10 days after. I've always had three worst time with yogurt, soup, smoothies, etc. I've lost about 12 pounds, but am hoping that slows down now that I can chew.

My husband works insane hours, so handling my older two is tough. Fortunately my son is in school 4 mornings a week, but getting him there and back is a challenge.

Bunny, that’s great your husband can take time off to help. My husband works long hours but has been as supportive as his schedule allows. To be honest, I don’t know how I’ve managed the last 8 weeks. I find that sipping on coconut water and not plain water helps. Today I’ve got a terrible headache and the hot weather here just makes me feel worse.

Rhiannon, poor you. I couldn’t imagine being on a liquid/purée diet whilst suffering from hg. I know I’ve lost weight this pregnancy although I won’t know how much until my next appointment. But at this point I look way less than pregnant.

Just the thought of a liquid diet makes me want to throw up, poor you. I also can't imagine being sick with a sore mouth.

Not sure what I would do if OH couldn't take time off. Last time I could barely make it to the bathroom by myself. Not quite that bad yet but it does worry me that I haven't even hit 6 weeks. Hopefully the acupuncture will keep doing its thing and prevent me from getting quite that bad.

Back to feeling rough again today. Have acupuncture booked again for tomorrow.

Perhaps you could ask if the accupuncturist would provide a discount if you prepay for multiple sessions? I was able to do something like this at the end of my last pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->