Any other ladies with cfs/me in here?

SummerLily

mummy To Triplet Boys
Reaction score
Am just enquiering - was diagnosed a few years ago but since becoming pregnant im fidning it difficult :cry:

other than that im loving being pregnant and feeling the odd little movement here and there :thumbup: just anyone i can associate with would be lovely ! xx

OMG!! I was just about to post the exact same question! :) I can totally relate to this - I was diagnosed Sept '09 but the doctors think I've had it since I was 16, I'm now 26. I'm struggling to work but I'm trying my best and sleeping most of my time at home. Am loving being pregnant too though.xox

thanks kitty !! I was diagnosed in march 09 but they believe ive had for years prior ! I ended up coming out of work a couple of years ago as it got to much. :( Iwas a nursery practicioner and loved my job immensly and its just been a pacing / struggle since lol. felt okish at the beginig of the pregnancy but now im starting to find it difficult !!! The joint pain is becoming a nightmare and my pelivis/hip area and mobility is being kicked majorly lol!

how are you feeling lately ? x

I'm getting more and more tired. My back aches most of the time and my legs feel like they have run a marathon. I'm lucky that I'm still working but am seriously struggling - the 'brain fog' had not been so bad for a few months but the last couple of weeks have been ridiculous, nevermind the pain and tiredness! I'm not always able to apply pacing to my working day but I seem to make it work to the end of my shift then crash when I get home. If I need to, I have a nap for about 20-30minutes in my lunch hour and it works wonders!

I'm currently trying to figure out when I want my maternity leave to start. DH and I have agreed that I will go back part time when LO arrives so, although I don't expect having a child to be easy, I don't have to juggle full time with baby so can put my energy into them.

I don't get the joint pains but the muscle aches are a bitch!

DH was the one who pointed out something was wrong with me - every day after college I'd get home and fall asleep in the bath for a few hours. I thought that was normal... For years I kept getting fobbed off from the doctors saying, "you're anaemic - go home!". It was only when I moved in with DH(then bf) and changed doctors that they did picked up on something being wrong. I had all kinds of blood tests.

Did your doctors fob you off or actually make an effort?xox

Hiya :) I was diagnosed with ME in '05 and I've been out of work and college ever since. I'm with you on the joint pain, my hips wake me up in the night, they click whenever I stand up, and I'm getting the usual aches and pains I get when I'm a little bit too tired. I'm still sleeping about 12 hours per night but I think that's because I have to get up so often to pee!

The brain fog is terrible too, I sometimes have to stop, snap myself out of it and ask OH what we were talking about. He's brilliant though, he takes it all in his stride.

Apart from that everything is pretty usual. First tri was a nightmare but I'm just feeling the benefits now of eating real food and sleeping better. I was practically in bed all day and just 5 mins walk to the doctors was too much for me.

I'm really quite scared of how I'm going to be when LO arrives, how I'm going to cope with the sleepless nights. My heart goes out to you with triplets summerlily!

DH was the one who pointed out something was wrong with me - every day after college I'd get home and fall asleep in the bath for a few hours. I thought that was normal... For years I kept getting fobbed off from the doctors saying, "you're anaemic - go home!". It was only when I moved in with DH(then bf) and changed doctors that they did picked up on something being wrong. I had all kinds of blood tests.

That sounds just like me! For years and years, since I was about 13, I was "just anaemic" (never did any blood tests) or "just going through the usual teenage growing pains". Was I bollocks. My attendance at school was 50% in my last year and all my teachers disliked me because I was a "slacker", yet I did OK in my exams. Nobody believed me that I was just too unwell and tired.

I finally took myself off to a different doctor and demanded something be done when I dragged myself home from a tiny 4 hour shift at work, collapsed onto the sofa and cried because I was literally too tired to move.

i was fobbed off constantly and in my records all they kept putting was that i dont like my job and its realated to depression .... also had the anemia one ! id never heard of ME untill one of the girls i worked with was talking about how tired she was because she was a carer for her mum who had it as well as workin full time herself ! i THEN went back to my doctor who spent ages looking through all my medical notes and said , wel yes its highly possible. and then i was sent to the CFS.ME clinic in belfleet where i was formally diagnosed! ive lost 4 jobs in total because of not being able to get into work for being to weak etc. i also sleep 12 hours a night but can easily do another 3 during the day at the minute ! Ive just come so out of it with the paceing and cant do antyhing at the minute ! even waking up in the morning and brushing my teeth leaves me achey and needing a break - although im hoping that will pass soon !! i also missed most of school and college for that matter - good job ive got half a good brain as i managed to come out with a beauty therapy qualification and im a qualified nursery practicioner - just a shame i cant use them :(

Hubby is still at home with me - has been since mid 09 , and hell be staying with me for a while once kiddies are here :D and then maybe if things start to improve he can go back part time but yes part of me worries about how ill cope !

That sounds just like me! For years and years, since I was about 13, I was "just anaemic" (never did any blood tests) or "just going through the usual teenage growing pains". Was I bollocks. My attendance at school was 50% in my last year and all my teachers disliked me because I was a "slacker", yet I did OK in my exams. Nobody believed me that I was just too unwell and tired.

I finally took myself off to a different doctor and demanded something be done when I dragged myself home from a tiny 4 hour shift at work, collapsed onto the sofa and cried because I was literally too tired to move.

I had this too - my A-Level English teacher described me as "lethargic" at a parents evening, meaning I was lazy as opposed to actually tired! I was crushed! I loved that class and couldn't help that I constantly struggled to get up in the morning to get to college and then couldn't always concentrate in class. I lost the will to learn after that and didn't put in any effort.

About 18 months ago I had the worst attack of CFS/ME that I've ever had - after work one evening I was my usual weak self but it progressed and I ended up temporarily paralysed. It mostly wore off after about 6hours but it was terrifying! I couldn't lift my head, arms or legs and I could barely focus on anything. DH wanted to take me to the ER but I refused. The next day, my left side was pretty much normal but my right side was very heavy and weak. I had to call in sick and saw the doctor who said it was more than likely the CFS/ME and that my strength was "normal" so it had worn off, even though I still didn't feel right. Luckily, I haven't had an experience like it.xox

sorry to hear about your bad relapse kitty :( i havent had a major one for a while thankfully but sometimes i feel like im right on the verge of it ! good to hear that you havent had another one since !

have you ladies got plans for your labour ? are you electing to have c sections or going natural? x

Thankyou SummerLily! :)

I'm all for natural! I don't want a C-section unless either mine or LO's life is in danger. I definately do not want an epidural and anyone who suggests it will have to make sure they have their running shoes and boxing gloves on first! I had briefly considered a water birth but DH is very grossed out at the idea of me "sitting in a pool of blood and gore"..... I love him so much! :) I do want to be kneeling - one of the reasons I thought about a water birth. That and the pain relief from the warm water. I want only gas and air and fully intend to be heard screaming in the USA if I need to! :haha:

How about you?xox

lol ! well i wanted a waterbirth but i dont get a choice sadly ! because theres 3 and theyll have to come out prematurea nyway theyll have to be delivered via c section ! which means they should be arriving end of march time ! only 19 weeks to go ! lol. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->