any other lesbians going through fertility treatments?

Preggo, feverbaby- any good news?

Ashley- you are almost there!!

I am posting here to give dw a break and vent somewhere. I am 14dpo today as it's almost 1am here and I tested at 12dpo and got a bfn. I thought I would handle it much better as it's our first IUI and I knew it would take more than one attempt but I literally have been a mess since. I cried off and on and have cried over the dumbest things. I am so over the progesterone cream and side effects and am just down. I can't believe dw went through 6 IUIs before having my step son. Will it hurt this bad each time :( anyway now I am just waiting on af. Should be here Monday. Then on to try again. Thanks for listening.

I'm sorry. I have heard of people who don't get a BFP till way after AF is due, so you aren't out till you get your period. But, having said that, I know how much it hurts. It still hurts, every time. There's not much I can say to make you feel better. It's ok to cry it out and feel bad, I do. But then I pick myself up and focus on the hope and possibility of the next cycle. It's going to happen for you, I just believe that.

Hey Ladies - thanks for asking, but we got a BFN. Sad panda's we are as she was positive she was pregnant. We guess it was the Ovidrel that was causing "symptoms".

And AF showed, so we are back to the fun of cycle monitoring and will try again in a couple of weeks.

At least now we know what to expect (aka Ovidrel causes pregnancy like symptoms! LOL)

I concur. I was on clomid, the ovidrel shot, and crinone 8% vaginal cream once a day. Seriously the hormones and side effects from all of the meds is just awful. Next cycle I am definitely going to relax way more and not pay attention to symptoms because seriously I don't know what's caused by what anymore! Poor wife. She has been great through this. Bought me flowers today and tomorrow we have off work together. Plans to bake brownies and eat junk food with movies all day!

Well 15dpo/IUI and bfn. Called the dr and said to call back when af shows... Pretty upset about this. I guess here is hoping for cycle 2 to work! I hate that the progesterone cream can make af late. I wish she would just show her ugly face and move on.

I'm sorry, I know its disapointing. But I think you are going to get lucky very soon!!!! Lucky number 2!!!!!

This is my first month using the progesterone, not a fan at all! I work with someone doing progesterone shots, I know its crazy but I think I'd prefer the shots.

Oh my gosh I hated the crinone 8%, my wife used prometrium so I am going to switch to that. We can't afford the crinone anyway! We got it free because a drug rep was there that day so he gave us enough samples. I can't believe the side effects I had from it. I might like a shot better myself! Well dw has given me hope and brought me to being positive again! Hoping lucky number 2! She said she is committed to us getting pregnant no matter what it takes! I think I felt like I disappointed her and I feel guilty of the money we have to spend monthly on donor sperm. Luckily we get a break with her insurance...

I've been remarkably calm this 2ww. I think I've just accepted that I probably will need Ivf. I didnt respond well to injectables, so I think this cycle is a wash. Maybe next month if they up my dosages I will respond better and possibly have success. I also think I need more time for my body to heal after quitting smoking, its only been 11 days. I'm sure it will still be upsetting if its negative, but I just don't feel hopeful. Actually, I feel nothing. I feel calm and flat. Nothing seems to be phasing me. My wife is convinced I'm pregnant because she said something in me seems like it has shifted. I think its just that I've accepted the Ivf road. Usually she is the calm one, and I'm the nervous wreck. We have swaped. Now she is the one panicked how everything is going to work out. I feel bad cuz I think this one is going to hurt her more than all the rest. I've been so sure I was pregnant 8 times and I wasn't. I just don't feel hopeful anymore that I'm going to have success without Ivf. Of coarse I want her to be right, but I just don't think she is.

Don't be down! Maybe this is it! however I have heard a lot of stories about the person thinking it didn't work and it did lol. My DW had this happen. She had enough money saved to try 6 IUI's. She did 4 unmedicated and then changed FS to the one I am seeing now. She also changed donors. She did one round medicated with this donor and BFN- number 5. The very last time she said she didn't even wait on the table afterwards. She said she went to lunch after and just thought you know, that was it. If it will be then it will be. Trial number 6 is either a go, or I wont have another kid (she had one on accident prior to coming out when she was younger). The 6th time worked! She was working and felt her bbs hurting and then realized she was late and tested and boom! BFP. I have read that happens often.

AFM- CD 2 now, tomorrow going in for baseline u/s. DW wants to ask to up the clomid and be aggressive. We are going to ask to change the progesterone cream to prometrium, but all other protocols we want the same. So tomorrow I will start clomid and I may take it at night this time to avoid the side effects. Heres to attempt #2!

Thanks, I want to be pregnant this cycle but I'm prepared to not be. Maybe that way it won't hurt so bad?

Yea, maybe try the clomid at night so you can sleep through any side effects? I have everything crossed for you!

Fever, sorry about your results. Ging I hope that Zen feeling continues and aids in a positive result.

I'm feeling ridiculously blah. I'd even say blue :nope:

My test results are on track - estrogen at 248 two days ago, ultrasound showed thick lining (not triple stripe which I think is adding to my worry. Need to read up on this). I have an almost 2 yr old and am single so I've spent a lot of time coordinating help for transfer day (Wed!) and after.

I called up my ex partner too. She's coming but i dread having run ins with her while I needed her to help me relax and distract the kid. Mercury will be in retrograde ladies. We aren't know to have the greatest communication so under stressful times, it can get bad. Planning to have a chat with her before she arrives so expectations are set.

Now i feel anxious.

Cranberry- I still don't understand the lining stuff, but thick sounds good. I keep hearing about triple layer, what does that mean? I keep forgetting to ask when I go.
I hope your meeting with your ex goes ok and you are able to get the support and help you need. Tranfser is this coming Wed!? I'm so excited for you!

Cranberry- I still don't understand the lining stuff, but thick sounds good. I keep hearing about triple layer, what does that mean? I keep forgetting to ask when I go.
I hope your meeting with your ex goes ok and you are able to get the support and help you need. Tranfser is this coming Wed!? I'm so excited for you!

Thanks ging. I think the lining shows like 3 layers instead of one thick lining. Maybe the density varies at each layer and makes implantation easier. Dunno.

It's not really a meeting with the ex. We remained friends and still see each other and I see her family too. She is coming to spend the weekend so i can put my feet up and rest. She'll take care of the boy - well between her and the donor dad who is also my friend. I have my nanny and another friend pitching in on other days. It's just that the ex's arrival coincides with mercury being in retrograde-a time rife with communication issues if you believe that stuff

I do believe in that stuff, not that I really follow it or understand it.

I had spotting today (Thursday) right before work. TMI: I wiped and noticed brownish "stuff" on the tp. I took a shower and put on a panty liner just to see if it does it again and sure enough, there was a brownish stuff on the panty liner. I am going into my 9diui but won't test until 11dpiui. My period isn't due for another 5 days and even when I spot before my period, it definitely is a lot more. Oh, and my IUI was completely unmedicated. We shall see....

Cramps are coming- think I'm out. I'm willing to do this one more time, but then I'm moving onto IVF. IUIs clearly aren't going to work for me. But we said we would give it one more go, so I'll stick to the plan and in the meantime make the IVF appointments that I need to so that we can get this ball rolling. We will also switch donors for IVF.

So POAS today at 10dpiui and not surprisingly, BFN. Not thinking I'll be one of the lucky ones getting a BFP later. Just got that feeling. I'll try again in 3 days if AF isn't here. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->