any other lesbians going through fertility treatments?

Hi G!!

I'm here, just been taking a break for a few months, but the wife and I inseminated (me) last night with fresh sperm. How are you doing?

Hi Preggo,
Welcome back to this crazy journey. I hope this is your lucky cycle. Are you inseminating multiple times? I am ok, its been a really rough road for us and am hoping for our luck to turn around soon.

Hi Gingmg,

Yes, we inseminated last night but it was a bit of a catastrophe; for the first time in two years of trying we actually SPILLED the semen. The horror!! I was inconsolable, but my wife remains optimistic that we got enough in there to make a difference. Damn softcups; just not experienced enough at inserting them when they contain fluid! We'll try again tonight even though we think it's probably too late. Syringe and THEN cup this time. Grr.

I'm so sorry to hear it's been a tough road for you guys. :hugs: What's your story? How long have you been trying? What are you doing now?

Awe, I would be upset too, but I'm sure since that tiny little bit is actually millions of sperm that your wife is probably right and that its ok. Hopefully tonight went better. I probably would spill it too :) We just hit a year of IUIs and are moving onto IVF now. Hopefully this is our answer, but only time will tell. It is exciting and absolutely terrifying.

Such a roller coaster ride, right? Have you guys done any acupuncture, or changed your donor, or any other adjustments along the way? My friends just delivered THREE healthy triplets after doing IVF at ivfvacations.com in Cabo-- much cheaper than doing it in the U.S. Might be something to consider!

What's the maia book?

Yea I did a few months of accupunture, we changed donors, did meds, got monitored ect...nothing. I am "unexplained" because everything checks out ok. We are lucky that my insurance covers infertility so the past 4 IUIs were covered and so is Ivf, otherwise I don't know what we would do. I would like to think its because we are using frozen sperm, but the samples are always great and we have nailed the timing every time. I'm hopeful for Ivf though.
It is quite a ride isn't?! I give you guys a lot of credit cuz I don't know if I have it in me to do this for another year... I mean of coarse we will if we have to, but emotionally, it has taken everything out of me. My wife handles it better than I do. I wish I didn't let it get to me like it does, but its always so sad when it doesn't work. I'm hopeful for Ivf though. Omg, triplets! I can't even imagine!

Hey Gingmg,

I know what you mean. Our friends with the triplets? It took them 3 years. When they hit the 2 year mark, my wife and I listened to them in awe and a degree of horror. We couldn't believe they had hung in there for so long. We were very certain we didn't have 2 years in us, and we were sure we would quit LONG before that milestone in our own journey -- but here we are, a little worse for wear, but even more in love with the idea of a family two years later, in my two week wait. Hope does spring eternal, as it turns out.

The Maia book is officially called The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth. It's a yellow book. It's an absolute MUST. A little pricey, but you can sometimes find it used and/or at the library!

We are trying to get me pregnant at the moment with fresh sperm from a known donor, but if it doesn't work we may go to Cancun, Mexico and do a cheap IVF there for my wife. It's only $5000-6000 dollars for the procedure, transportation, hotels, etc. So you basically have a warm beach vacation and get pregnant at the same time, for half the price of a single IVF cycle here in the States. Since we don't have insurance that will cover IVF, it's the best option for us.

And yes, frozen sperm DEFINITELY has its disadvantages, so don't lose hope! If you haven't already read Inconceivable: A Woman's Triumph over Despair and Statistics, you should check it out. Such a fascinating (and fast) read!

We would stick it out too because we want a family so bad, but not sure how I would handle it. I am starting a mind/body program next week for women going through fertility treatments, so I'm hoping that will help me through this. I am especially going to need the support if Ivf doesn't work on the first round, which my RE said to be prepared to have to do it a couple of times, awesome....
Well I hope this works for you guys and you don't need to go down the IVF road, you both have been through enough. I'm hopeful for you, it seems most lesbians on here have luck with fresh sperm. I have everything crossed for you. If you do end up doing IVF, sitting on a beach Mexico sounds like the way to go.
I will have to check out those books, thanks. We are still in the birth control phase and start lupron for down regging at the end of the week. That puts retrieval and transfer Feb 10-14ish?

When do you test? Or do you wait it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->