Any other LOs who's teeth are taking their time?

CocoaOne

Reaction score
I know some LOs don't get their first teeth until much later, but my LO got her first two teeth at 9 months... and then nada. Nothing since. It's been 5 months!
We BLW so she's always been good with food, but I know she finds it difficult to eat somethings and it's a pain in the arse chopping things into tiny little pieces every meal time!

Anyone else who's LO got one or two teeth and then took ages for the next lot to come through? I'm not sure if I should be glad or very sad at the prospect of them all coming at once...

DD got 2 teeth at 9 months, 2 at 10 months and she is now 16 months and still only has 4!

Tobi got 4 teeth come through in his 11th Month and have had nothing since and no sign of any more!
Your lucky ur little takes finger foods, TObi refuses most FF when sat down to meals!!

audrey was a week shy of 10 months when she got her first two teeth, then at about 12 months she got 3 at once. then over the last couple of weeks she has got 6 more plus another about to break through :shock:

poor little sore girl :cry:

Omar had 3 teeth on the same day 1 week after his birthday & the 4th after 2 days, then after 3 months he had another 2 side top teeth, then after 1 month he had 4 molars all at the same time, so he only have 10 teeth. He didnt get any more teeth since then. He still have 2 bottom teeth missing & he's almost 19 months.

My lo is 18 months in a couple of weeks and still doesn't have a single tooth :shrug: She visited my dentist last week and he said there are bumps on the bottom gum where the first ones should be coming in and that as long as there are no problems nutritionally, then it really isn't anything to worry about, they'll be along soon enough. I think the first one is close as I can feel the corner of a tooth on her gum now, but it's really still in no hurry!!! I'm trying to forget about teeth for the moment and enjoy her gummy grin as it's going to be very strange to see her with teeth when they finally do come :haha:

Isn't it weird how each LO is different when it comes to teeth.

I'm very lucky I suppose that we've had a relatively bite-free Bf journey, I should appreciate that at least!

Vix79- THANK YOU for posting, hah. Nate is 11 months and still not a single tooth. I don't think he will ever get any, and you've put my mind at rest by saying your dentist said it was ok at 18 months. HV said if he doesnt have any by 14 months, he'll need to go to the dentist so they can have a peek and thats only 3 months away and for some reason, I really dont think he'll get any in the next 3 months. Poor tyke. I know he would eat loads of other things if he had teeth but he struggles with a lot of stuff like a lot of fruit and veg.

Vix79- THANK YOU for posting, hah. Nate is 11 months and still not a single tooth. I don't think he will ever get any, and you've put my mind at rest by saying your dentist said it was ok at 18 months. HV said if he doesnt have any by 14 months, he'll need to go to the dentist so they can have a peek and thats only 3 months away and for some reason, I really dont think he'll get any in the next 3 months. Poor tyke. I know he would eat loads of other things if he had teeth but he struggles with a lot of stuff like a lot of fruit and veg.

You'll be very surprised how quickly they come when they do eventually emerge. I remember going to bed one night, the next day when I got Ethan up, there his teeth were, I had to do a double take when he smiled at me. :haha:

Ethan has just turned 1 recently and he has 2 bottom teeth and 3 top teeth with another one just coming through now.

Very slow here. I'd always heard that they came in pairs, but we didn't get first tooth until 11 months, 2nd at 12 months. Nothing for 2 months, then 3,4,5th tooth at 14 months and looks like 6th tooth at 15 months. It's like a month between each tooth!

Madi is 2.5. And she got her first two bottom ones after her first birthday, they have come in very slowly and made her ill with each one. Ear infections. throat infections and shes been hospitalised twice for tempretures near on 40degrees.
She is just (this past week) cutting her last two. And they are the two next to her front two teeth. Dont worry. They will all come eventually :)

Yup! My DD had her bottom two at 7 months and then nothing until just after her 1st birthday three weeks ago when she got three more through but still no top middles ones!

Earl still only has 10 teeth through - there are about 6 that are straining the gums to get through...there are quite noticeable bright red lumps but still no sign of them cutting. They're really prominent too and must be sore for him. I think his very back molars are still quite a way off though - I've heard they're the worst though so I'm not sure how I feel about that. Would rather they just got on with it lol.

Oh and he's 19 months. Got his first 2 at 8 months, then his next 2 at 10-11 months.

I am so glad i saw this post. My LO is 9months old (was 6 weeks prem) has no teeth and his gums are smooth.
He gets by with food and loves banana on toast, whole grapes plus all veg so he chews good with his gums. I just feel so much better after reading this as the baby group i go to, there is a baby who is only 6 months old but has a full mouth of teeth! it looks so strange as he is tiny lol.

Thanks again girls :flower:

I agree that it is SO frustrating.. for me and her...
Grace got her two bottom incisors at 11 months and then nothing until a couple of weeks ago when she started to cut one of the top incisors. So 16 months and still only three! I wouldn't mind but for the lack of variety it means as far as finger food is concerned. I still give her a range of bites but she gets upset and frustrated after ages of gumming and often has to spit things out. I see other LOs eating cucumber and dried apricots and feel jealous... silly, isn't it?! :nope:

issy got her first tooth at 7m n 3 more within a few weeks but has had no more since

Amelies come through in 3s or 4s with huge gaps inbetween. She got her first 3 at 10months and is now teething her canines.

H is 14 months at the end of the month and he still only has his two top teeth which came in last month. They're not even fully through. I wish he'd get some more to help with food chewing - he's still on very small lumpy food or finger food he can suck
xx

Kenny were super slow. He is 19 months and barely has 6 teeth.

emily didn't get her first tooth until 11 months
and when they came through afterwards, they took months
literally from bump to fully through each tooth has taken
a good couple of months, she gets infections, conjuntivitus,
colds, rashes, high temps the lot, it's a bloody nightmare
when a new ones on the way, she's 2 and still doesn't
have all of them and she's been teething for the last 12
months pretty solidly :dohh::wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads