Any other Moms-to-be dealing with this?

Joss_Taylor

Reaction score
I feel like my doctors office just doesn't care! I have been having some bleeding throughout the pregnancy after my hubby and I have intercourse. A couple weeks ago I had some bleeding, a pretty significant amount compared to what I'd had before and it lasted the entire day. I called my doctors office right away because it scared me. They asked if I could feel the baby moving and asked if I was having any contractions. Baby is always extremely active so I wasn't worried there was something wrong with him. This was a Saturday, the on call doctor told me to make an appointment for Tuesday or Wednesday of that week. When I went to my appointment they took my blood pressure and listened to baby's heart beat. They didn't check to see if I was dilated or anything. My birth education teacher also told us to call the doctors office if we'd had more then 4 braxton hicks in an hour. I've been having them more and more regularly in the past couple weeks as well so I called my doctors office and they told me everything was normal and acted like I was bothering them. I've only called 3 times in the last 32 weeks with any sort of question and they just act like I'm over reacting. Anyone else have to deal with a doctors office like this?

My doctor is great, good old British NHS. But I really feel for you. Can you go to your hospital? I'm not sure how it works in the US? So if your dr is being rubbish, go straight to the hospital? I really think you should push this, especially with the 'contractions' combined with the bleeding. Honestly don't care about bothering them, this is your baby. Insist in being seen.

4 bh an hr seems a bit much to call on to me (just the other day I had them for like 2 hrs and they were strong) but started to fade apart. My dr said to come in only if they were consistant for 2 hrs. But ya they shouldn't make you feel like your bugging you that's why they are there. I'm sorry hugs

It happened to me to,
If your baby is still moving whilst your bleeding its proberbly a provoked bleed,
I've had 2 provoked bleeds(after intercorse) and it turns out the reason why is because I have an eroded cervix(due to pregnancy) and every time something touches it (ie. during intercorse) it bleeds.
I wouldn't worry unless baby stops moving but there's no harm in ringing the hospital anyway if your still unsure x

My doctors the same :(. I've had a few problems but they seem to just fob me off. I was at te hospital a few days ago for a HB issue with LO (reduced movements as well) they did a scan the day after when the dates didn't come out right they had to remeasure over again but instead of talking to me the doctor just ignored me and walked pass. Next thing I know I was told just to go home - today I've had to find out from a nurse who was doing my whooping cough vaccine that I've been referred to cardiology not that the hospital have told me. I'm meant to be consultant lead but my consultant was the one who walked pass :/. Even better the same women who pretty much called my little sister (19) a liar about being in pain for about 2 years. Needless to say I'm pretty mad and putting in a complaint as the HB thing is still worrying and she couldn't give less. It's the most important time of your life really and u deserve to be treated a fair bit better! Xx

You should never feel like you are bothering your doctor. If mine acted like that, he would no longer be my doctor! I've been lucky with my doctor and his nurse. I've had them through four pregnancies. My nurse actually called today to check up on me, as she was on vacation last week when I had a few issues and was admitted for a day.

If I was on the mainland I'd be changing docs but I don't have any options due to being 45-50 miles off scotland x

I am so sorry. The doctor's office should never make you feel like that. Unfortunately for my DS I was treated the same way, and just assumed it was because I was a first time mom and they thought I was overreacting. I did have good cause as I had issues with pre-term labor and it was all due to having a very large baby.
For this pregnancy I have been blessed to have a doctor who really listens to what I have to say because of my horrid experience the first time around. I don't know if it is too late for you to change doctor's, but that would be my best advice. You know your body better than anybody else.

I hate it! I don't know of any other doctors in the area. I actually considered going to the same doctor that my mom dealt with when she was pregnant with my brother a few years back but his office is nearly 3 hrs away. I thought maybe it was because I am a first time mother and I'm younger but I think it's just the doctors office. Whatever it is, it makes me mad, I've just stopped calling to ask questions because they always say you're fine. How do they know everything is all right through a phone call. Argh, OB appointment tomorrow lets see what they'll say when I give them a whole list of things.

How far do you live from the hospital joss?

About 1/2 hr. My doctors office is actually in the only hospital that delivers babies in the area.

Good luck at your appt tomorrow! Maybe they will change their tune. If not, go get yourself another doctor at that hospital. And if you think something is wrong and your doc is being a jerk, you can always just roll into the er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->