Any other mums on here with a VW beetle convertable

Bladesgirl

Reaction score
Yes I know what your thinking!! Really stupid car for a baby!

We couldn't swap it while I was pregnant and we have been working ok with it since having Thomas! To a point!! We have a pram that fits in the boot and the car seat goes in the front seat with air bag turned off!!

Problem is we are still struggling to find any money to swap it for something more practical!

My question is do any other mums on here have one and is there a 9 month + seat that fits in the back!! I know I'm a while off but if I can't get one then I need to start really trying to work out how we can swap the car :)

I don't have the convertible but I do have a beetle and I have 2 cossato car seats in the back. I'm short so I have no problems, however my husband can't drive it as his legs are too long making it unsafe. It's not a problem as he has the family car. I went to halfords and there were loads that fit safely.

I don't have it but I do love it and was thinking of getting it but with two children I take it from your post that its a no no then? Xx

I had it until lo was 9 mo :nope: I managed fine until then with both a silver cross surf and brutal b. agile 3. The maxi cosi pebble fitted on an is isofix great in the back. The pearl (9 month plus) fitted on the isofix but couldn't recline as it catches on the rear rollover headrests.i think a none isofix one should fit in fine, take it to a shop and try.

We too had no money to swap but I managed to get a great price for mine( took a bit) and use my savings (now none left!!) to add £1000 for a Kia ceed estate, much easier for me now.

Try a few out I'm sure yu will be ok I just think the recliner ones may be an issue in the back seats. It is a bit harder getting them in too as you cave to climb in and Mind the side bit but loads of headroom to get in and do straps etc. xxx

Thank you I couldn't get my cabrio to fit on the back seat with the iso fix??? You can't use the seat in front once it's in! Is the pebble smaller?

I will have a look then at least I know I'm looking for a none reclining one now!!

No it's not smaller I just didn't use the front seat :haha: it is doable but not ideal. I do miss my beetle tho!

Have you tried this website for the Britax seats? I just tried it and it came up with the Eclipse. We have it in the back of my Peugeot 107 and it fits well.

https://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/fit-finder

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"