Any other vegan mamas?

gillian.s

Reaction score
Hey! I just found out I'm pregnant, second child but I wasn't vegan on my last pregnancy. Went vegan a little over a year ago now and am worried how I'll manage! Just seeing if there are any other vegans in here
:)

Hi! I went vegan after giving birth 4 years ago. However, today I’d have to consider myself plant based. Oh and I’m currently 14 weeks pregnant.

Hi! I went vegan after giving birth 4 years ago. However, today I’d have to consider myself plant based. Oh and I’m currently 14 weeks pregnant.

Oh hi! How are you finding it? Have you had any cravings that aren't plant based?

So I’ve been suffering from severe nausea and vomiting the last 10 weeks so I eat high raw. Fruit digests so easily and quickly it’s the only thing I’ve managed to keep down, and it does double duty by keeping me hydrated. I was pescitarian and then vegetarian for about 8 years and now plant based for almost 4. So, to answer your question I don’t have any cravings, however, I do wonder if I should add eggs back into my diet. I’m having a hard time eating beans and I need protein. While I know seeds are great, I’m allergic to nuts and soy, I feel that I’m not getting quite enough from just fruits and veggies alone. To some it may be disappointing to hear, but it’s the truth. Pregnancy is not the time for me deprive my body of nutrients. I’m still on the fence about it, so we’ll see. How are you managing? Any cravings?

I have Been a vegetarian for 12 years and through 3 pregnancies. I dont eat eggs because i developed an aversion to them during my last pregnancy lol. Just focus on balance and quality protein sources(as I'm sure you already do) im sure you'll be fine. Your dr can offer suggestions too. Ive not had any cravings for meat etc during any of my pregnancies. I did drink a ton of milk (regular and almond ) during my last one.

Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Hey! I just found out I'm pregnant, second child but I wasn't vegan on my last pregnancy. Went vegan a little over a year ago now and am worried how I'll manage! Just seeing if there are any other vegans in here
:)

I'm not but my cousin is. She just gave birth to a healthy 8.5 pound bundle of joy! He's amazing!

Yes I am! My last baby was vegan from conception and then exclusively breastfed and he was my biggest baby at 8lbs 4oz and grew so quickly he was wearing clothes two sizes ahead of his age! My husband and our five children are all vegan :D

Thanks folks! Nice to know I'm not alone :) no cravings yet thankfully, except for a baked potato which was delicious lol I eat mainly whole foods anyway so not too concerned about nutrients except maybe iron so I'm making sure to get enough vitamin C to help absorption :) haha stickylizard your bio at the bottom sounds like me! Breastfed, baby wear, just picked up a bag of cloth nappies today for the newest baby (on do part time on my ds), my ds suffers from reflux, allergic to milk, egg, peanut, tree nut, soy, sesame, avocado and banana. But mum to one lol

So it is nothing to be afraid if you're going to give a birth and you're a vegan?

I don't eat red meat only chicken and fish. I would say add cheese and eggs back u can change back when the baby is born, don't feel bad but your doing it for the health of your baby. Get the organic stuff then u know the hens and cows have been looked after. X

So it is nothing to be afraid if you're going to give a birth and you're a vegan?

I'm not vegan but vegetarian, I gave birth to a healthy baby. Make sure you take prenatals (particularly for the iron, I became borderline anaemic at start of third tri because I only took folic acid at the start, ended up craving fish finger sandwiches! Didn't eat them, upped my iron instead) and eat plenty of protein as well as veg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->