Any plus size ladies looking to minimise weight gain?

jtr2803

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this was the right place or if a thread like this already exists...

I'm currently a size 18, 5'3" and seven weeks pregnant. I have yet to see a midwife or doctor but I am hoping to try and keep my weight gain really minimal. I was going to the gym a lot but due to work and life stress I hadn't been for two months before finding out I was pregnant. If all is well at my scan next week I am going to return to do some light cardio and weights

Would love to speak to other ladies in similar situations to see what is working for them or give moral support :thumbup:

Hey, Im looking to minimize gain.

I lost 5 stone before getting pregnant, however im still 3.5 stone over weight and classes as obese.

Ive lost 7lbs so far in first tri and looking to gain roughly a stone max. Im weighing weekly and attending slimming world.

Five stone is a massive weight loss, well done!

I don't know how much I'm overweight now, I haven't weighed myself for some time. I did SW a few years ago and still have my books, I think I'll start replicating some of the principles with fresh fruit etc and seeing how I get on :thumbup:

yep. I m 5"5 and was 15st6lb when I got bfp. 15st at booking at 9wks and now im 14st 10lbs. Keep getting nagged to go to a "healthy eating course" which is weekly for 10 weeks then weekly check up about my diet/exercise then see me for a few weeks after birth. Iv said no and will keep saying no. I put on weight after 2 miscarriages this year, my mum passing away and an ovarian cyst removal and feeling like rubbish and eating rubbish (I mean Id have a bag of sweets which can easily be 400 calories as well as my meals so it was easy to put on weight this year! Im starting to crave fruit again after it making me sick since 8wks so Im eating alot better now and will start some gentle exercises soon

I'm short like you, also 5ft3. Currently 13.5 stone, and a size 16/18.
I needed to loose for pregnancy as I have a back problem which I normally take very strong opiates for.

Sounds like you are doing really well inge, to not gain is great! I always struggle with the doctors and my weight because they lecture me about healthy eating and exercise all the time yet when I told them what classes I was doing and I was clean eating but not losing they just shrugged!

Hi nibble, sounds like a good reason to lose, I've had a niggley back every since I had a car crash about 15 years ago so I'm worried about being bigger and how much it might affect it.

I'm trying to persuade hubby to take me to the zoo today, at least that would be some exercise! :haha:

Love the Zoo, we dont have any close to us here.

Is it a pregnancy healthy eating course or a general NHS one? Ive done 'food for thought' which is what the Dr refers you to here, but different trusts have different names for them.

My BMI at booking in was 45. I'm not sure how much Iv gained but I'm still in my normal clothes at 31 weeks so it can't be that much.

I have done a really good job keeping my weight in check. I'm a ten/twelve in pants but so far I am down over 20 lbs. Doctor says it's all good. It helps that my cravings are mostly fruit and vegetables. I have lost my taste for fried food and proteins and my coca cola habit officially tastes gross to me. But two months ago my doctor quoted about a twelve pound gain. With the five or so I've lost since then I think my weight will stay in check. There's only fifteen more weeks.

At the moment I'm just fancying really boring carbs like bread and chips :dohh: I made my lunch for next two days as I'm back at work and have done chicken steaks with half a baked sweet potato and salad.

I probably need to weigh myself at some point too :shrug:

Sounds like you've done really well Sara :happydance:
That's impressive to be in normal clothes lozzy :thumbup:

We don't measure in stones here, but I am 4'11" and a UK size 16-18 depending on the brand, down from a size 26 at the start of the year. I intend to lose weight till about 20 weeks and then keep whatever weight I reach then till delivery.

I didn't gain any weight at all with my other kids but I was super morbidly obese with them, a bmi around 50 with my son and 52 with my daughter.

Wow minties! Size 26 to 16-18 in a year is amazing! I hope you're very proud of your achievement!

My BMI at booking was 32, so I'm hoping to not gain much. I eat healthily normally but have a really bad additional sweets habit, especially when stressed. So I'm trying to just cut that down. At the moment it's not a problem, as I feel too sick for sweets but unfortunately lemonade helps the nausea. I'm still losing weight overall though because I'm constantly queasy and can only manage tiny portions now. Will have to be more disciplined once nausea subsides.

That's a massive loss minties, well done!

Hi Amy sounds like you are doing well, I haven't had any nausea yet, just a few little food aversions. Interesting that lemonade had helped, will keep that in mind.

In thought I was doing really well today, I took fruit, yogurt, healthy unch and some nuts to work but I'd eaten it all by 3 and was so hungry :dohh:. I ended up raiding the leftover Christmas goodies.

Any snack suggestions? I need to do better tomorrow!

Have you ever made Slimming world curry loaf?

Tin of chickpea dahl, 4 eggs and a packets or made up curry rice. Mix all together and bake in a lined oven tin for 30ish minutes till firm. Really good for snacks

When i saw the consultant yesterday, he said that they now ask women with a BMI over 30 to gain no weight in pregnancy?!

Which tbh seems a bit much, I had set myself a target of a stone, so I wasnt gaining anything other than baby/water/blood etc. But not increasing your BMI at all seems a bit much.

Has anyone else gotta similar advice?

hey ladies :hi: im not pregnant but i wanted to join and support you ladies if you dont mind.

im very overweight and was for all of my pregnancies.. my last was my heaviest. I d idnt gain much at all with my last preg and dropped 12lb as soon as he was born.

^^the above thing of telling you to gain no weight is rediculous. As a pregnant woman you are not supposed to try and loose weight.. especially if your starting as overweight so its completely obscene that they say this. I was told right through my last preg to not obsess over numbers but just watch what i was eating. If you maintain your own weigt your still going to gain due to baby and all the extras baby comes with.

:hugs:

well done minties on your amazing loss!! I hope to follow in your footsteps.

before having Rohan i was a size 28 and 20 stone 11lb. Today i am a size 22 and 16stone 10lb.

I've heard of that curry loaf before nic,thanks for the recipe I think I'll have to give it a try!

I can't believe they've told you not to gain weight, that's effectively been told to lose weight!? I've got my booking in on two weeks time so will see what they say to me. I'm going to keep my gain minimal, which will be effectively losing I guess but that's my choice.

Hi sethsmummy! Welcome along :thumbup: sounds like you've made some great progress.

I cat wait until all the Christmas biscuits and chocs are gone, I think I need to start taking more food to work because I get so insanely hungry and then end up eating rubbish :dohh:.

Happy new year everyone :happydance:

Happy New year!

Gonna be a good one, i can feel it

I hope so! Struggling with food at the moment because I just don't fancy anything except carbs :dohh:

Going shopping soon and made sure I've got lots of fruit and lean meat on the list. Decided that if all is well on Monday I'm going back to the gym next Wednesday, I'll just take it easy.

I need to weigh myself to confirm but I think my bmi is around 33.

Mines 32/33, was 45 at the start of the year.

Dont worry about eating carbs, you need carbs obviously some carbs are better than others. Such as whole grain pasta/rice etc rather than chips from the chippy, which btw I REALLY want rightnow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->