Any point in a 1st birthday party?

xxembobxx

Reaction score
LO is going to be 1 in a few weeks - the time has flown by and has been a joy every day. I want to commemorate the day obviously but not sure there is any point in having a party.
His birthday is on a Tuesday but OH works away so wouldn't be here.
I thought we could have it on the weekend before or after. Only trouble is I work nights usually just one weekend a month and I have been rota'd to work both these weekends :dohh: so would be sleeping during the day or tired and grotty.

Is a party really necessary? If I had one I'd want it to be amazing and tbh I just won't have the energy and I know it will all be left to me to sort out.
What else can I do though?

Maybe you could just do a special tea party for family instead of something huge - balloons and cake would be nice! A big party might be overstimulating for lo anyway xx

I agree - a few balloons, a cake, & a wrapped present & your LO will be thrilled. We did just a small party with grandparents & Megan was still overstimulated! She couldnt sleep that night from all the excitement.

Your lo wont know if you dont do it on the day - just pick a day that works for you.

William had a family party and loved it but he would have loved a trip to the farm just as much so I don't think it matters to be honest.

Other ideas:

• Birthday picnic with a special cupcake for little one, you could put one of the cute 1 candles on it.
  • Trip to fun local place - park, Sealife Centre, soft play, swimming pool etc
  • Birthday treasure hunt - make the most of your toddler's natural tendency to pull apart your house. You could put the gifts in low cupboards (with all the other stuff in there being safe) or under the pillow on your bed and basically show them where it is but act like they have found it and its very exciting.

On thing we did with William was a photo shot, we dressed him in a cute outfit, took him to a pretty park and my brother took loads of photos of him. They turned out really nicely and they will be lovely to look back on.

It's early days yet but I'm thinking of bringing my LO to the zoo for her first birthday and inviting people to join us - could be a nice day out for everyone, especially the people with kids.

We had a family tea party for DS1 good job he screamed at his bday cake LOL...So all his photos are of him screaming with a cake and candles infront of him....I think a small party is nice..Make the most of it before they demand expensive partys! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->