• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any poor STIM responses yet successe stories?

ps57002

Reaction score
I'm looking for some positive stories out there.

My first IVF, stimming since last Monday and as of today only 2-3 follicles that look good. ER may be happening on Friday with trigger tomorrow night.

I have low AMH (non existent) and high FSH and I guess considered DOR with old age (40). No kids or any BFP ever :(

So feeling low with the stimming results. The odds are so stacked against me. 2-3 eggs? And it'll be ICSI due to some sperm issues (not aware yet what they are, all happened too quick). Doc had told me I wouldn't respond to the STIM an go straight to donor egg but I insisted. now I feel he was right? All that acupuncture, eating right, this that and the response.... only 2-3 follicles.

Feeling rather low today and really not optimistic that I will even get to a transfer. Should I be switching to an IUI instead?

Wanna cry :(

I only had 3 follicles with my first IVF attempt and only 2 of those fertilised. I got my first ever BFP after that round, so as cliched as it sounds, it really does only take the one. Unfortunately, that pregnancy did end in a missed miscarriage, although as my doctors told me 'it was just one of those things'. I was just unlucky!

Good luck! X

I am so sorry with the sperm issues I dont think you would have a higher chance with IUI , I think even with the 2-3 follicles you have a chance. mini stim IVF cycles typically only get 2-4 eggs and I have seen success with it. also read of poor responders getting only a few eggs and still getting BFP's , but its totally your choice if you want to go ahead with the fertilization or not. also dont beat yourself up over wanting to try a own egg IVF , no one knows how well they will respond till they try. crossing everything that your follies fertilize and grow.:hugs:

Thank you Lisa2008 and His Princess

Trying to stay optimistic. They say my Estradol is moving as it should and went from around 347 (forgot exact) to 510 in 2 days. They say that is good. My follies are around 17 mm to 15 mm, whatever I have is on left side (hence all my left side pain). I think there are 3 right now. Tonight told to increase menopur even more. Possible trigger tomorrow, pending the ultrasound bloodwork from tomorrow am.

I pray that the lucky egg is in there....

So bloated today. How do women who get 10 eggs or so do it? I am done in about 3-4 follies.....

Yep. 2 eggs 1 embryo day 3 transfer = noisy 40 month old monster and I was 40

It definitely only takes 1 egg, lots of stories on here of ladies with only one embie to transfer that got a bfp.

As for me, I've also got low amh and just had my second cycle if ivf which was converted to iui due to low response, i only had 2 follies that grew. Last cycle however I had 6 follies and got 6 eggs so just because you get a certain response on one cycle or protocol, it doesn't mean you can't do much better on other drugs, another protocol or just another month. I know time and money are very dependant on doing multiple ivfs, but I guess I'm just saying if this one doesn't work, it doesn't necessarily mean a second try won't work.

Good luck xx

It definitely only takes 1 egg, lots of stories on here of ladies with only one embie to transfer that got a bfp.

As for me, I've also got low amh and just had my second cycle if ivf which was converted to iui due to low response, i only had 2 follies that grew. Last cycle however I had 6 follies and got 6 eggs so just because you get a certain response on one cycle or protocol, it doesn't mean you can't do much better on other drugs, another protocol or just another month. I know time and money are very dependant on doing multiple ivfs, but I guess I'm just saying if this one doesn't work, it doesn't necessarily mean a second try won't work.

Good luck xx

MrsW is right. Despite the low response on my first cycle, they managed to get 12 mature eggs on my second cycle, 10 of which fertilised. I had 1 embryo transferred on day 5 and I now have an 8 week old baby boy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"