Any runners?? 7 weeks and would really to keep running

BRIT1416

Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks and would really love to keep running! I haven't ran for a couple weeks because this "morning sickness" has hit me hard!

Any other runners out there? I would love to hear tips on how you are/or have continued running while pregnant :)

Im not much of a runner, however you should be able to have no issues continuing it being that it is typical activity for your body. Drs even say that if your body is already used to doing a type of activity that it should be no problem to continue it. You just have to know your own body signs as to when to slow down or stop as its different for everyone. A lot of people tend to think they have to stop many of their normal activities once pregnant, but you actually dont unless it would be harmful to baby. So keep on running :)

I am but I am sorry to say I haven't run since I was 5 weeks. My morning/all day sickness and extreme fatigue have kept me from getting much of a workout in at all. I am hoping to get back into it soon now that I'm out of the first tri, but may just stick to walking and lower impact things since I've had a few issues, I've got twins on board, and I'm high risk. I have plenty of friends who ran throughout their pregnancies, so you should have no problem! Like pp said, most docs will tell you that you can maintain the same level of physical activity that you did prior to pregnancy. Mine told me to reign back the intensity to about 70% though :haha: I've been lucky if I'm at 10% lately :dohh:

I'm a runner run 7 miles 4times a week did it with ds and I did yoga and Pilates. And it helped my energy.

The only running I do now is when I'm chasing after my naughty kiddies, but I was jogging the last two pregnancies. I was training for the race for life when got BFPs both times. I quite like the fact they ran it with me. I had two babies on board last time and so I was v tired in early weeks and they bumped on my bladder as weeks went on. I did race at 16 weeks with my girls and had quite a bump by then. I got a better time than the year before when I wasn't pregnant too! p.s my sister jogged with me and she was in 3rd tri :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->