Any Scottish April 2013 babies out there??

bbymc

Reaction score
I've not long found out I'm expecting. Due date is approx. 14th April 2013. I live in Edinburgh. Looking for other Scottish mums to be to chat to and share my journey with.

Anyone out there? Xx

Hey I'm due around the 16th of April, I'm from near Glasgow... This is my 3rd pregnancy trying to hav our 1st child so I'm crapping my pants incase I lose this one too... Wots ur symtoms?? Is it ur 1st?xx

16th April and I live in between Glasgow and Edinburgh :) 2nd child for me, 4th pregnancy...so a little nervous!

Is it as foggy where you 2 are as it is here today? Can't see anything out my window!!

Hi girls.

Congratulations on your pregnancies! Fingers crossed this one sticks!!

Yeah this is my first. First pregnancy too. Had some spotting around my period time for a day and a half. Totally panicked but thankfully it stopped. We're both on edge a bit now! Even more so because I had a fair few symptoms last week (backache, slight cramping, headaches, sore boobs) but now I feel totally normal. No cramps, nothing. Except sore nipples lol.

We've booked for our first appt at the hospital now though so I am just crossing my fingers until then. Its not until 4th sept. How are you both feeling? You got many symptoms?

As for the weather, it's been glorious sunshine here for 3 days. Too bad I've been stuck in the office lol!!

Turned into 25 degree heat here too! Crazy weather.

I have had mild cramping and slight nausea every now and again. Also boobs that feel like a ton weight and are soooooo tender!!!

This is my 4th pregnancy, 2nd child (all going well). I saw my midwife yesterday and I'm scheduled for an early scan on the 28th and my booking in appointment is on the 27th :)

Was in Edinburgh last Friday/Sat for a comedy night at the Fringe. Saturday was boiling! I spent most of my day in Ikea thought while DH went to the Hearts game :)

Seems I'm forgetful as well :) Since I mentioned the 4th pregnancy 2nd child thing twice haha.

:hiya: I'm a bit hazy on dates, but I think it's around 17th April and it's my second baby. Me and DH are very excited as this was a natural, unexpected conception, compared to our daughter, who took 2 years to conceive with the assistance of clomid.

We live near the Southern General in Glasgow. So far, my symptoms have been fairly similar to before. No sickness... Yet. Crippling boob pain and generally pissed off 5 days after I tested, if it's anything like Mairi's pregnancy, I'll be running vomiting from Lidl by Monday. Strange to say, although I'm really sore, it's very reassuring and a bit exciting. Hope we all have happy and healthy pregnancies. X :flower:

I'm scheduled for an early scan on the 28th and my booking in appointment is on the 27th :)

your lucky you get an early scan. Id love that, just to put my mind at rest!

Wannabewillow - congrats on your BFP. Naturally too :) I hope you morning sickness doesnt get too bad. I've not had any...yet. My mum was hospitalised with such severe sickness when she had me. I'm praying that doesn't happen to me!!

I feel so lucky this time around. With Mairi we were charting and temperature taking and doing everything, but it seemed to take ages. This time, we only DTD once because of family illness and bereavement, making a baby was the last thing on our minds. It's just wonderful. Even though FIL was a total athiest who believed nothing existed after death, I like to think, somewhere he's giving the thumbs up for DH to carry on with life.

Hey ladies I got my bloods back hcg 465 at 4 wks so thts normal but going on thurs for more bloods and my scans booked for the 22nd they are keeping an eye on me cos of my mcs and I fell pg this time after a dnc with no af inbetween.

I'm just really hoping this is it been thru too much upset having losses. Xxx

Hi I'm in the borders and due April 10th :) x

I don't really think I'm that lucky to be getting an early scan...it's only because I have had a previous EP resulting in emergency surgery so I'm high risk and have been having pains in my side. They need to check everything is in the right place! :) Fingers crossed...I'm preparing myself for the worst though eek!!

There's loads of us Scottish lassies all due around the same time eh? We aren't telling our families until at least 12 weeks. What about you lot?

Hey yeah me too il tell my mum at 11 wks just because theyre going on holiday then. I'm getting scans at 6 8 10 and 12 wks just cos of my previous mc I'm like u shitting myself and preparing for the worse...xx

It seems like sooooo far away to 12 weeks. I don't have another scan booked for after my 6 week one yet. My last PG ended in a MMC after seeing the heart beat at 6 weeks so even if I do see one at my scan on the 28th I'll be begging for another at 8 weeks. And another at 10 weeks. Lol.

Now...how to convince my other half to go the 16 miles to KFC for me??

Aw KFC sounds great I'm having a beef and haggis pie for lunch I swear I want the most unhealthiest things while pregnant. I lost my 1st at 7 wks and my 2nd 6 wks 2 days so I won't feel good till after a 12 wk scan.. Did u get ur hcg levels tested?x

Aw KFC sounds great I'm having a beef and haggis pie for lunch I swear I want the most unhealthiest things while pregnant. I lost my 1st at 7 wks and my 2nd 6 wks 2 days so I won't feel good till after a 12 wk scan.. Did u get ur hcg levels tested?x

Ugh no. I have only seen the midwife in my local village doctor office. I questioned why I was being left until the 28th when I will be 7+1 and she said it was so they could see clearly, and it was apparently the first date available after 6 weeks. It doesn't help me though! If I am having another EP I guess I will start bleeding at some point between now and then so I am going to wait and see what happens. The pain I have is on the same side I had the last EP and I don't have a fallopian tube there any more. I do still have the ovary and can ovulate from both sides (the egg has to find its way to the other tube) so I'm thinking if it's an EP it has to have implanted in the ovary or somewhere random.

I am hoping it may just be scar tissue pulling. I didn't have this pain with the pregnancy that ended in a MMC though.

I also have a lump the size of an egg on that side and although it hurts frequently (like after going to the toilet, changing the bedding, doing anything strenuous) I was assured it was just a fatty lump and not a hernia or anything more sinister. I don't think that's what's causing the pain though because the pain is in my whole right hand side, not just where the lump is.

What hospital are you going to for your scans?

Aw hope this is ur rainbow Hun...xx

I wanted mines at 7 wks but she wanted me in at 6... It's hairmyres in east Kilbride they hav a epu there so it's handy for me... I bought a digi to do tomoro to see if it says 3+ yet I got 2-3 on sun so hoping it goes up I'm so para bloody mc send u paranoid... Let's hope these are our forever babies this time :) xxx

I am going to Wishaw. I had my d&c there so was wanting to go to St Johns in Livingston this time but DH pointed out that having my baby in Wishaw would be easier for our families to visit as they all live in Glasgow/EK.

Yeah I had my dnc in wishes Hun... Let's hope we don't nd anymore of them. I've got gobs of cm are u getting this??xx

:| I swear to god I was just thinking that. It's mental! I googled it and everything. Apparently a sign all is well. I keep thinking it's blood and keep rushing to the toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->