Any Scottish Mums due September 2021?

bbymc

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I'm unexpectedly expecting baby no. 5. Just found out yesterday! I think I'm around 5wks. So due late September.

Just thought I'd see if there were any Scottish mummies out there due around the same time and want to share our journey?

I'm already starting to feel sick and the constant trips to the toilet in the night have started too.

How are you all feeling?

I’m Scottish and this is surprise baby #6 :wacko: you should set up a journal we can follow each other. I am 40 in May and have a 5.5 month old! I’m actually due beginning of September but I’m always induced at 39 weeks

I’m Scottish this is planned baby number 2! Due 2 sept but be induced mid august

I’m Scottish and this is surprise baby #6 :wacko: you should set up a journal we can follow each other. I am 40 in May and have a 5.5 month old! I’m actually due beginning of September but I’m always induced at 39 weeks

6 kids! Wow! How you finding it with a wee baby too? My youngest is 18m. They are all roughly 2yrs apart so my oldest is nearly 8. I'm 35. This wee one will be my 4th c section so likely be born nearer the beginning of September. Why do you get induced?

I'm really struggling now as I suffer HG. I'm soooo sick. I think we will have to let our families know ASAP cos with all 4 at home atm, with homeschooling and stuff, it's a real struggle! Especially as my older 2 are already probably wondering what the heck is wrong with me!

I’m Scottish this is planned baby number 2! Due 2 sept but be induced mid august

Hiya!

Congratulations on baby no.2! I remember the jump from 1 to 2 was terrifying lol! But it was so awesome too! What will the age gap be?

How are you feeling? Where in Scotland are you? I'm just outside Edinburgh.

How do you know you will be induced? Xx

Hiya!

Congratulations on baby no.2! I remember the jump from 1 to 2 was terrifying lol! But it was so awesome too! What will the age gap be?

How are you feeling? Where in Scotland are you? I'm just outside Edinburgh.

How do you know you will be induced? Xx
Thank you it’s a defo exciting! It’ll be 3 1/2 years between them.
Feeling good tierd and nausea at night usually but good you?
I’m the tayside area :)

my son was premature and there was a blood issue so we will get induced because of that x

Thank you it’s a defo exciting! It’ll be 3 1/2 years between them.
Feeling good tierd and nausea at night usually but good you?
I’m the tayside area :)

31/2 yrs is a nice gap. Gives time to enjoy no2 while no1 is at nursery ( after all this cold stuff obviously).

I'm feeling awful 247. I usually do. With nausea, sickness and exhaustion. I'm on anti sickness meds already but they don't work that well. So I'm struggling just with day to day ordinary stuff. Made so much worse by having 4 kids at home all the time and Ive got to homeschool the oldest 2. I think I'm either going to have to ask for more meds or see if I can get either my mum or my husband's mum to come help a few days a week. But I'm not sure that's allowed within the lockdown rules :-(

my son was premature and there was a blood issue so we will get induced because of that x

Yeah that’s my thinking too although I can’t get him into school nursery because they didn’t leave enough spaces so he’ll just be starting as I have baby. you surely can? Given the circumstances anyway!

Yeah that’s my thinking too although I can’t get him into school nursery because they didn’t leave enough spaces so he’ll just be starting as I have baby. you surely can? Given the circumstances anyway!

Aw thats a shame there's no places atm. Although I think everywhere is the same. My daughter turned 3 in October and I was lucky she got in apparently. And I have 2 kids at the attached school. Imagine the nightmare if she hadn't got in!

I think I am allowed people into my house in a caring capacity. Which I guess I'd what they would be doing since I can barely lift my head, let alone look after my kids and homeschool!

Have you told anyone you're expecting yet? Xx

Yeah we live quite rural so we have 1 small catch event school or a bigger school 5 mins from there. I’d rather he went to the catchment school as that’s where he’ll go to primary school. He was 3 in jan so should have started now but hasn’t so il apply the day they open applications again in April and hope he gets a place. Financially it’ll be impossible if he doesn’t get school nursery as the plan would be school nursery 3 or 4 days per week and the private one 1/2 and baby to go to the private 1 as well.

yes most of our family know and some very close friends have guessed. What about you

Sorry I've been really struggling with my sickness and nausea so went a bit awol. Got more meds now so fingers crossed!

We just told my mother in law the other day but so far noone else knows.

Even if your 3yo doesn't get into school nursery, because he's 3 he's entitled to the free 1140 hours wherever he goes. So even if he goes to a private placement, his place will be funded and free for 30hrs a week.

Sorry I've been really struggling with my sickness and nausea so went a bit awol. Got more meds now so fingers crossed!

We just told my mother in law the other day but so far noone else knows.

Even if your 3yo doesn't get into school nursery, because he's 3 he's entitled to the free 1140 hours wherever he goes. So even if he goes to a private placement, his place will be funded and free for 30hrs a week.
Sorry to hear about by your nausea. yeah we just can’t get him into local nursery because they have no space just now so we are still paying for private childcare til then

Does he go more than 30 hours? Cos if not, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be paying for it. The place should be funded by the council.

Hopefully you can move him to the local one soon anyway. Its definitely easier for later on if they go to the nursery attached to the school.

How you been feeling? Have you told your wee one yet?

Does he go more than 30 hours? Cos if not, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be paying for it. The place should be funded by the council.

Hopefully you can move him to the local one soon anyway. Its definitely easier for later on if they go to the nursery attached to the school.

How you been feeling? Have you told your wee one yet?
It’s private childcare just now hun we can’t get a space in the council one that’s all. And our nursery doesn’t offer the free hours.
I’ve had a bit more nausea recently and tierdness. Yes we have had two scans so he knows :) what aboht you

Aw thats exciting! Is he excited?

My kids don't know yet although they definitely know something is up cos I've basically been bedbound since I found out. My oldest 2 are 7 and 5 so old enough to remember how ill I get. They haven't asked yet but I'm sure they are wondering. I want to tell them but I like to get to the 12w scan first just to make sure everything is going OK.

Having said that, with 4 kids, homeschooling and lockdown, I think I will end up telling people sooner cos I need the support. Pregnancy just makes me so ill. My poor husband is trying to work from home and is having to do most things with the kids too :-(

Aww nightmare hun sorry you’re so unwell. He doesn’t overly understand it but he’ll talk abo jr his baby sister in my belly even though we don’t know haha

I always say kids have a sixth sense! Every time one of mine has said ' my brother' or 'my sister', they have been right. Its like they actually know. I was always glad cos they would be so sure that they would refuse to except the possibility that the baby might not be what they thought. I always worried they wouldn't get what they are expecting and be disappointed.

In my last pregnancy my oldest ( a boy) was desperate for a brother. I cried so much when the baby was born. More cos my son got his wish than anything else

I have boy, girl, girl, boy atm so I'm not bothered what gender this one is. Be nice if it was a girl though since my last was a boy. But as long as they are healthy, I'm not really fussed.

Would you like a girl this time? Or aren't you bothered? Xx

Haha possibly!
I say I’m not bothered and we are studying team yellow but I do want a girl. It’s my last pregnancy we won’t do it again so yeah I feel pretty bad about it.

Well fingers crossed you get your wee girl. I was the same when pregnant with #2. I was desperate for a girl. Then when she was born and I used to push the 2 of them around in a parent facing double buggy, stare at them and feel like I'd won the lottery of life haha!

Will you stay team yellow? I've always kept it a surprise. It's a long wait but there's no surprise like it!

Thank you. Yeah I don’t think we are finding out mostly because this is the last pregnancy and if I know it’s a boy I feel like il not make the most whereas if we don’t know and it’s a boy at birth il just be so happy he is here safe and well to be honest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"