Any second time Clomid users?

Nicole R.

Reaction score
I have PCOS and was prescribed 50mg of Clomid & Provera
We were successful the first round, and my son is now four. GIVE months post partum, during your high fertility window, my husband and I conceived our youngest, unplanned. He is 3.5 years old. Going to be starting my second time use of Clomid & Provera soon. I was wondering if anyone used Clomid for their second or third child, and if it was easier or harder?
I have heard some horror stories on how it took 6 cycles of Clomid for second time use.. I just got my thyroid under control and doctor said all of my levels were good. I am a little heavier then I was back in 2010. I did ovulate on my own but it wasn't until cd42. I'm pretty sure my egg quality wasn't at its optimal level but I did ovulate on my own. This should be a good sign before starting Clomid right??

Hi,

I've used clomid this time as I had some left from my daughter and despite what people say, pregnancy didn't sort my cycles out!

I have suspected PCO but basically I have very irregular cycles. First time round I had a BFP round 4 but that resulted in a MMC. Then a natural cycle in between and BFP after one round which resulted in my daughter. She has just turned 1 :)

This time, it's taken 3 cycles but we didn't really time things very well the first two, the third time was the first time we'd times things well!

My cycles post pregnancy (and breastfeeding) were all over the place so it didn't take me long to turn to the clomid. I had 5 lots left from the first time. It might have been wrong for me to use it without doctor supervision but oh well :/ now I don't know whether to tell the midwife when booking in! Thinking of having an early scan anyway.

Good luck to you with your next TTC journey!

I had to used Tamoxifen (Same as clomid) and trigger shots for DS2 it worked on the second cycle. Although my cycles were regular and DS2 we started trying again and after 3-4 months I knew something was wrong so went straight to the clinic and started same tamoxifen again. First cycle didn't work (there were eggs and I triggered and we bd at the right time but it just didn't happen) 2nd month I went up for my scan but was told no eggs and that they were cancelling this cycle and will possibly change mediciation next month as it seems to have stopped working but infact the opposite had happened the tamoxifen worked super so super I ovulated early and all by myself - now 8 weeks pregnant from that cycle!

So 2nd time round - both times.

I don't think it will be any easier or harder from the last time you used it as it was nearly 5 years ago.

Good Luck tho :)

I got pregnant successfully 2 times with my son and daughter. It took 2 rounds of Clomid for both. So it may not be so bad!

I'm pregnant for my 3rd time with clomid. One was my son one was an ectopic and now I'm 9+3 with another clomid baby. First round every time x

Thanks so much ladies!! I really hope it only takes 1-2 rounds max. I did ovulate last month just really late so that's got to,be a good sign!! I just need to ovulate earlier and I think we will be successful! ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->