Any SMEP takers?

LPF

Reaction score
We are going to give it a go this month.

I've had 2 m/c in the last 9 months but each one was conceived < 3 months (as was my ds) so I know I will probably get pregnant in the next couple of months as I always do but it's the hanging onto them I'm worried about :cry:

This is a last ditch for us. If we don't get pregnant or MC again before early summer we will have to stop because we are supposed to me moving in the autumn and I either need to be in a new job or approaching maternity leave, can't do both :wacko:

I've never used OPK before. I have an abundance of EWCM for about 6/7 days with tons of it for the last 2-3 days so I usually use that so OPK should be interesting! I was going to order some cheapies off amazon - any tips on how to use?

Any pointers or success stories with SMEP? Anyone want to join me? CD3 today for me.

I did SMEP and it worked- in fact I didnt realize thats what I was doing until after - lol - GL to you!!!! BABY DUST!!!

Hi i conceived with smep but mc in Nov curreny doing smep again on cd16 & stil waiting for an positive on opk arghh so frustrated as last time gt darker on cd16 & positive on cd17. Anyway smep does work as highest chances of catching that eggy. Good luck hun & hope u get a sticky this time ths ttc business is so stressful plus exciting but kids are for life & a miracle from God considering hw deatailed & precise everything hs to be just makes me think more about God wanders starting with life itself. Praying we all gt out bfp & this time hv little healthy bundles of joy at end x

If you got the cheapies, they are really easy to use. They are very similar to the cheapie pregnancy tests! They will probably come in the thin strips, and you will have to dip them in a cup of urine. Most people do it once a day, I'll be doing them twice daily (once in the morning and again in the afternoon). The goal is to have the line that you get be as-dark or DARKER than the control line (remember the control line is the second line!). This means you're getting a surge of LH and you should be ovulating soon thereafter!

Best of luck!

we conceived our son and last pregnancy which ended in mc by doing smep, both was 2nd month ttc but first using smep, this time round it has been 3 months with no success so far. we're goimg to try preseed this month. good luck to you.

I am attempting the SMEP this month...not sure if I'm doing it correctly. OH & I DTD on CD7 and today on CD11. I normally O between CD12-14 but today's OPK was still negative. While we haven't been DTD EOD like I think you're suppose to I did plan on doing it daily as soon as I got a +OPK for a few days. This is cycle #6 and i'm starting to lose hope

We are doing smep this cycle too. Second cycle trying for our first, we are also using preseed. We started DTD EOD from CD 6, we are now CD 13 (nearly 14) and I got a light line on an OPK yesterday, but none today? Mind you I did test at night, after DTD! Ha. I will try again tomorrow. I have EWCM so am also going off that, I hope it's enough!

We did: CD 6, 8, 10, 12 and 13 and will keep going until I get the positive, and then back to EOD.

Does that sound like I'm doing it right!!? Tips appreciated!

So glad to hear that it worked for people! Here's hoping.

Also doing smep this month. We started our "strategic" BDing CD 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 (my O date) and will also do today (CD16)..although it doesn't make sense to me that BD after O would make a difference. What do you ladies think about that? I sort of feel like we should have BDd on CD 15 for good measure though :(
Good luck, ladies!!! I hope we all get our BFPs soon :)

I was planning to start it on this cycle :) I'm CD 5 at the moment. x

I conceived my daughter using SMEP. I conceived my first pregnancy during the first month of trying without OPKs but that sadly ended in miscarriage. Tried in the same way for the next two cycles with no success so tried SMEP and on that third cycle we conceived!

Trying it again this time around too! :thumbup:

I conceived my daughter using SMEP. I conceived my first pregnancy during the first month of trying without OPKs but that sadly ended in miscarriage. Tried in the same way for the next two cycles with no success so tried SMEP and on that third cycle we conceived!

Trying it again this time around too! :thumbup:

Sounds very promising! Looking forward to trying something different.

Also doing smep this month. We started our "strategic" BDing CD 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 (my O date) and will also do today (CD16)..although it doesn't make sense to me that BD after O would make a difference. What do you ladies think about that? I sort of feel like we should have BDd on CD 15 for good measure though :(

i have also wondered about the days after ovulation but i think it covers you incase you ovulate late? when did u get you positive opk? are u using them?

i have also wondered about the days after ovulation but i think it covers you incase you ovulate late? when did u get you positive opk? are u using them?

Well...that's a bit of a problem. I ordered a bunch of opks online, but they arrived the day after I ovulated, so I will use them next cycle if I don't get a bfp. I just took a guess based on my temps and O pain, and I think I timed it right. When the opks arrived, I did it twice in one day for good measure, and they were both negative...O symptoms were also gone and my temps had risen. Fingers xd!

I'm only cd 2 but planning on it this month. What cd are we supposed to start? I know it is EOD until pos opk, then 3 days in a row then skip 1 day and then one more day of bd...i too don't understand why the bd after o, but I guess I'll try to follow it. We tried last month but didn't do it totally correctly, we had done cd 9, 11, 12, 13 14 (oday). My pos opk was on 13 so I should have followed it better. Anyway, is it cd 8 or 9 that we are supposed to start?

So sorry for your losses lpf :hugs::hugs: Have you looked into baby aspirin? I keep reading about studies on baby aspirin and success after recurrent miscarriage :hugs:

If I'm out this month (which I have a feeling I will be) then I'll be joining you ladies next month. AF is due on the 27th.

I think the final try is 'just in case' - some people gear up to ovulate, have the lh surge and then don't actually manage to do it, so the body tries again. I think this is quite rare though, so the extra try is just insurance. I didn't do it the month I conceived and I'm not sure I will this month either? We shall see. Today is my 'day off' anyway ;)

I think the final try is 'just in case' - some people gear up to ovulate, have the lh surge and then don't actually manage to do it, so the body tries again. I think this is quite rare though, so the extra try is just insurance. I didn't do it the month I conceived and I'm not sure I will this month either? We shall see. Today is my 'day off' anyway ;)

I had my day off yesterday, haha. I am hopeful I will get the strong line today so it's all on!

Haha, stock up on energy drinks! ;) I got my positive the day after my 'every other day' BD so we ended up DTD 4 nights in a row! Zzzzz........

I think this might happen with us too... I'm seeing darker lines now so think it'll be tomorrow, it'll be BD crazy over the next three or so days, haha, energy drinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->