• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any smokers? Thoughts?

Marlarky

Mommy&Expecting!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Just wondering for all the smokers here if you'll be quitting before TTC, while TTC, or when you find out you've conceived!!! I'm having a bit of a rough time quitting, but seeing as I've got a bit of the flu today I think it's a good time to start.

Thanks, all :)

We have moved our TTC date to today! The plan was to quit before and we have our quit date set, so I guess its a case of what comes first between the date or a bfp. Not ideal but we will quit 100%. Hope you feel better soon x

Good luck Malarkey, it will be tough but it's such an amazing thing you're doing for yourself and for the baby! Honestly the sooner the better, but if you need the definitely extra impetus, TTC date is a good one. I vaguely recall hearing that doctors recommend being conservative with quitting smoking while pregnant, so maybe talk to your doctor about it as well - maybe they don't want you quitting cold turkey and stressing yourself out at some pivotal time during the pregnancy. Consult a medical professional! I'm a rando on the internet.

I would really try to quit now with being done by your TTC date. Most of baby's crucial development takes place before you find out your pregnant. Most people find out at 4-5 weeks and a baby is developed enough to have a heartbeat by 5-6 weeks.

I'm an ex smoker, I quit nearly 8 years ago and it's the best thing I did

I've been trying to quit for about a month and a half. I've only had one full cigarette since then. My husband smokes and I'm trying to get him to quit, but to no avail. The smell sends triggers, and I ended up bumming one from him the other night.

I was soooo stressed though.

I would really try to quit now with being done by your TTC date. Most of baby's crucial development takes place before you find out your pregnant. Most people find out at 4-5 weeks and a baby is developed enough to have a heartbeat by 5-6 weeks.

I'm an ex smoker, I quit nearly 8 years ago and it's the best thing I did

co9ngrats to you, im coming up on 8 yrs quit too....:hugs:

I agree with this as well I hear so many people when pregnant that the doctor says dont total quit when pregnant cause it can cause a m/c and stress that causes a m/c first off stress can make the pregnancy more difficult but doesnt cause a m/c as some may think also the crap that is in cigarette is so much worse for the baby and its health and life then actually the stress and detox of quitting...so if you are a smoker when you find out ur pregnant and tell the doc u cant quit he will tell u if u need to smoke please dont go over 5 a day..(this is coming from a mom and a person in the medical field). but the very best thing you can do whilst pregnant is quit or even before is the bestl..

i ended up finally quitting for life because i had pneumonia...it went away after three week battle for about a week and then came back with a vengeance, i couldnt breath and my lips and fingers where blue..one of the most scariest thing i ever been through...ended up on tubes and so much other stuff and they couldnt find a anti biotic that this thing was not resistant too..i was sick for three whole month and it was a very uphill battle...
my docs told me that if i wasnt smoking it would have been very easy to get rid of but because i was i did this to myself....they where right...

that was my last cig ever.....and after while i have no cravings even if someone else is smoking near me or totally stressed out..i know its the best things for me and my kids to be off it totally and they also can never use mom well u smoke!! i think i would feel so guilty if one of my kids ended up a smoker and used me as an example...

i used straws to keep my hands and mouth busy(lol sorry sounds weird) gums tic tacs too..lollipops as well....this helped me as well not to use food as a substitute...but i really did try and use straws as a cig would be used and it helps me the most..
also lots of water...it helps flush it out of ur system really fast and it helps with cravings...

I would do this gift to u and ur baby now, the sooner u start the healthier u and ur baby will be and may be if u tell urself this is a gift for ur baby it will help so much..also may sound really silly but i used go count from 10-0 to calm down and breath the stress away....if u push urself to do it even if u dont want too and find something that works for you.....you can do it...:)

lots of women on here have quit with everyone here being there cheer leaders.....they made a thread a mile long and everyone came on every day to help them through it and cheer them on...

maybe this can be your quit thread with a load of cheer leaders who believe how wonderful you really are and that you can really do this..(SEE POM POMS ATTACHED ) )

good luck hun and if u need anything dont be afraid to reach out :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

ps that stress feeling we all get when we are due a cig..or starting to run out or dont know if u will have enough till the morn...

it goes away...you really are a prisoner to these things and if u give it enough time u will see u where more stressed because of them then once ur off them for while..the crap that is in them makes u stress.... but once its gone u will see that extra horrible stress that has made u a prisoner is gone :)

I answered cause i quit ten years ago knowing that we intended to TTC, so i quit about... um.... over a year before we started trying. BEST. THING. I. EVER. DID.

Alsothehardest. lol! :D

I will be your cheerleader too if you need it. YOU CAN DO IT!!

This addict went from 30+ a day to zero. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"