• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any stepmoms TTC?

octoberlove

Reaction score
I have a 7 year old stepdaughter whom I love to death, but the stepmom status definitely adds a certain amount of stress to TTC. DH and I lost our honeymoon baby to a MC two months ago so I'm already on edge because of that. Add to the mix the fact that my stepdaughter's bio mom is a complete psycho/total loser who uses their daughter for child support/as a pawn while I do everything in my power to be a mom to her only to have her constantly remind people that "I'm not her mom" when people refer to DH and I as "mom and dad" and sometimes it's almost too much.

It also doesn't help that DH is already a dad and insists that I'm "more of a mom to her than her real mom" while not fully understanding that it's not even close to the same thing. He's had someone calling him "dad" for 7 years already. The only time I'm referred to as "mom" is by mistake (and again, the stepdaughter is always quick to correct people) and in reference to my dog.

And don't get me wrong, I can't blame my stepdaughter for having a stronger bond with her mother (regardless of what a POS she is). It's just a constant reminder of the fact that I don't have that and it's really all I've ever wanted.

Oh, and as an added bonus, stepdaughter's bio mom loves to constantly remind me that SHE is her mother and refers to me as "step monster"...

Anywho, just looking for any other stepmoms who might be in a similar situation? Being a stepparent is difficult enough on its own... TTC while constantly being reminded that you're "not the mom" can be almost unbearable at times. Maybe looking for a buddy to go through this with??

I'm not a step mum, but my OH is a step dad (we're not married but he has the title). I can link him to you if you like, he's on here.

My children's dad is also a POS and he likes to flaunt his title of 'dad' to the rest of the world without actually doing the job being a dad entails.

It'll be our first baby together and while I don't necessarily get it, he might?

If he's looking for a buddy/someone who can relate/vent I'd certainly be open to it. It can be a frustrating role to be in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"