Any success stories aged 44 or over?

Elisheva009

Reaction score
I'm 44 and I just got a BFP on Sunday. Currently 4w4d.

I've seen a few threads about women pregnant at this age and almost all eventually ended in miscarriage.

I also read that there is a 60% chance of miscarriage at this age. Another source says the risk is 33%.

Is the risk the same throughout the pregnancy or do most losses happen early on? I'm wondering if once I get past a certain point, the chance of miscarriage reduces or if I am going stay this nervous!

I'm not sure about the risk or the data but wanted to say a huge CONGRATS! If you don't mind me asking, did you conceive with fertility help?

I'm not sure about the risk or the data but wanted to say a huge CONGRATS! If you don't mind me asking, did you conceive with fertility help?

Thank you! Excited but trying to be realistic as well.

No fertility help.

We actually did IVF with ICSI to conceive our first 2 children 10 and 8 years ago, then achieved 2 pregnancies naturally, the second of which ended in miscarriage at 3 months, and now this pregnancy too.

I have PCOS and my OBGYN said I'm more fertile now then when I was younger as certain hormonal levels diminish naturally over time and that has actually made my hormones more balanced.

Congratulations.
It's not unusual for women to conceive in the 40's when they think it would be more difficult, I have a few cousins and friends whose mothers thought they were becoming menopausal only to find they were expecting.
I'm not sure about the statistics, sorry. I can tell you that statistically when I was 40 I only had about a 4% chance of conceiving in the first place (iui) and then add in the chance of loss and yet I have a healthy happy 11 year old. Statistics take into account so many factors, it's very possible these ones aren't appropriate in your case. I hope you manage to enjoy your pregnancy and that everything goes smoothly for you.

Try not to focus on the statistics. It is so easy to drive yourself nuts doing that, and the stats don't necessarily reflect what will happen to you. As hard as it is, the only thing to do is wait and see how things go. Think positive as much as you can- once you're pregnant, you lose all control and the worrying doesn't do anything (easy said than done, I know) ;) I hope you have a super smooth pregnancy.

Massive congrats on yr pregnancy! As to the stats, the risk is mainly high for pregancy on early days. However, 60% is not 100%, and you need also to understand stats also depend on many factors such as where a person lives e.g. in a polluted area, whether they have other conditions, etc. 40% is still a huge number telling that almost half of women do not experience any mcs. Remain positive.

I did end up miscarrying at 5 weeks but trying to draw hope from the fact I got pregnant in the first place and hoping it's not just a fluke.

I'm really really sorry hon.
Lots of womon do have babies at 44 and even 45. There's been a few 46 year olds on here as well.

I wud love to try for one more baby with DH when I'm 43. I turn 42 in Dec so ideally wanna wait so our youngest is 15 months b4 we try.

I read google and statistics are horrible but I have spoken to midwifes about it and they told me to not take any notice of the statistics.
And they also told me they get loads of womon In there mid 40s pregnant naturally.

I live in a town in England. Not huge..
And our hospital had its record broken for the oldest womon to be pregnant and give birth.
She had her baby in August ages 54 years old. Yep really.

They have also has a 48 year old lady and a 47 year old.
All naturally too.

I hope that gives u some hope.

And I pray u get ure rainbow soon hon.

I had 4 pregnancy losses last year in the space of 7 months.
I was on the verge of giving up when a lovely lady on here told me all about macca root and folate.
I also was told to start taking low dose baby aspirin from first sign of a line on a test.

And in Jan I fell pregnant and this time it stuck.
He's now nearly 5 weeks old.

I really do believe it was one of those vitamins or a combination of all 3 that made him stick.
I was also taking vitamin B complex and vitamin c.

Macca root is not really heard of but its a root vegetable grown in south America and can help prevent miscarriage esp in older womon.

I'm so thankful to the lady that told me all about it and the folate too.

I will definitely be taking it all again when we start ttc in the next 14 months.
Prob will start it about 2 to 3 months b4 we start trying.

I hope my story has helped hon.
Sending u big hugs right now.

But best wishes for the future.
Hope u get ure forever rainbow BFP soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->