any success stories with hashimoto's and hypothyroidism?

LAR83

Reaction score
I am feeling discouraged and would love to talk with someone who had success with this.

I hope you get to read this LAR83,

Background: I've been diagnosed with hashimotos/hypothyroidism since I was 15 years old. I'm 31 now. I've taken 150 mcg of levothyroxine meds since I was 20-- took much less at 15 but after a MC at 19, it got worse because I wasn't taking my meds.

My Struggle: After my miscarriage (I married at 19 btw) we tried immediately and I wasn't conceiving. Probably because my hormones were out of sync from not taking my meds. I eventually saw a fertility endocrinologist who diagnosed me with PCOS and MTFHR. He put me on a diet, on metformin, and methyl folate (a readily converted form of B12 and Folic Acid because my body doesn't convert the vitamin from regular prenatals on its own) for MTFHR. And after 5 years of infertility I successfully conceived on my own. I have a healthy 5 year old boy today!

So 2 1/2 years ago my journey began once more as we were plagued again with infertility. However, now armed with knowledge, I went on a diet again, used metformin, and made sure my hypothyroidism levels were normal. It took a while but I'm expecting a little girl in November!!!

Things I did while on my journey:
I prayed and cried a lot!! I got pregnant with my son just as I was about to try my first medicated cycle. I had a pill in my hand to bring down my cycle and as I was going to take it, I decided to take a pregnancy test and lo and behold it was positive. I had bought all the meds and were in my refrigerator, I couldn't thank God enough.

This time around, I prayed even more and asked God to help me like he did before, I prayed and I believed. I let go of everything, I literally have it to God... and just as I was thinking about visiting my doctor for meds and IUI I got my BFP.

I will add that in 2015 I did a medicated cycle that ended in a BFN. I also used ovulation sticks I got from amazon called Wondfo's, they're amazing! I also used an app to track my ovulation named Fertility Friend. However, the month I set everything down and let go (stress, TTC) I got my BFP.

I hope this helps! I wish you the very best of luck in your journey!

Thanks for your feedback Brenda! Congrats on you baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->