Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Arcanegirl, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Not sure if this is a phase, or something im doing/not doing...

Meals sometimes seem to be rarely enjoyable anymore.
    I try to give alex a savoury mash by spoon and he takes 4/5 spoons then starts face rubbing, whinging and refusing. If i then give something sweet he takes the whole lot.
    I dont give sweet things often in the day 2 times at most as i want to encourage savoury more.

He takes toast fine with no fuss, any other finger food he doesnt really eat much if any or he takes a bite too big for him to manage.

Help!

2. sapphire20

sapphire20 Olivia & Alex <3

Same problem here so would be nice to know, Iv tried everything I can thing of, I tend to let her suck on the toast and pull it away and she open her mouth and I put the spoon in before she gets a chance to get the toast lol.

3. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Maybe an age phase then :dohh:

4. sapphire20

sapphire20 Olivia & Alex <3

Yea I hope it passes soon!! Its such a stuggle, feeding can take up to an hour, and sometimes I even give up coz she cries so much!

5. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

What about putting the mash onto the toast?

6. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

I have been doing that, hes not always too hot on it though its a slight improvement as at least hes not whinging.

7. HannahGraceee

HannahGraceee *Hanny Spammy*

what about giving him 2 spoons of dinner 1 of pudding? and then repeat till hes had enough?

8. MrsBop

MrsBop Mummy of 2

I used to do this with Noah :haha:

9. MrsBop

MrsBop Mummy of 2

Mailie is the same as Alex, we just persevere and when I think she's had enough savoury she gets her sweet, if she doesn't eat enough she doesn't get it until later on when she's had a bit more savoury. She has BLW foods throughout the day so it's only her tea she has from a spoon so I feel she needs quite a bit of that as BLW food is a bit hit and miss with her and she'd rather play (at the moment she's playing with a sausage roll, don't think she's eaten any of it but she held her hand out for one so I gave her it lol!) I don't think they're daft, they know a sweet follows a savoury now lol!

10. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

have you tried giving him sweet potato / Butternut squash wedges roasted? the insides go quite mushy so they can kinda suck it out :D and its quite sweet too so might like it??

:hugs:

11. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

How do i make them?

12. saraendepity

just peel and de seed if you're having squash (just peel sweet potato) cut into wedges - not too small as they will just burn and you'll end up woth no ushyness inside but too big and he wont be able to hold!!! put them on a baking tray with a little olive oil drizzled on them and a little herbage if you want it !!!! i have tried both and Daisy loves them :) i am still experimenting with oven temps yet but i put mine on about 140-160 ish and squash was done in around 20 mins sweet potato a little longer :thumbup: :hugs:

13. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Thankies, will need to experiment with gas marks :lol:

14. saraendepity

oh god - i am clueless to gas ovens:) i would say moderate ish with a tendency to warmer!!!!LOL how technical :haha: