any teen mums going to breastfeed??

Im super excited to BF Marley :D cant wait :hugs:

I'm not a teen for much longer but i'm not going to breast feed i find it weird i know its not but thats just my personal opinion

There is nothing weird about one of the most natural things in the world, although I agree it is not everyones cup of tea!
Goodluck everyone whatever feeding route you choose, there is no right or wrong choice when it comes to feeding our little ones.

I was 16 when I had my little guy and I breastfed him for 9 months. I would have longer but needed some medical tests so I had to stop. But when I stopped I ended up pregnant again and I breastfed him for 13 months. Fast forward 10 years, I now have 5 kids and have breastfed for a total of 64 months!!! Go for it and don't worry about what other people or your friends think. I think it is a great experience and am still breastfeeding my 15 month old now.

I plan to. I am going to raise my baby as "green" as possible (cost wise...it's expensive!) as there is nothing more natural than a mother's milk. Who cares what your friends say?!!! It's between us and our kiddos what's best.

I'm going to give breastfeeding a try. I'm not sure how well it will work out, but I'm going to try for at least a month. My son was formula fed since day 1 and has never had any major problems, so I know that if I need to switch to formula, I won't feel guilty about it.

im gunna try 2 breastfeed, nt sure how long 4 hoping i will b able 2 til baby is 6 months bt will wait nd c wat happens

I'm really going to try hard to breast feedas it's always been what I wanted to do, however, my mum had problems with it when she had me as her milk dried up really quickly so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to for too long.

like tasha41 said it helps loose the weight of the baby quicker, so yeh i will be breastfeeding

Im not really a teen, but i am a youngen :) And i really, really want to breastfeed. if i cant i'm going to be completly gutted... i truely believe breast is best.. and the reason that so many people push it is because it is best..no other reason.

As great as the formula people reckon it is... you are still feeding your child a load of bulk...thats why ff babies sleep longer, cause their tummies are bloated out with crap to make them feel full for longer..so effectively you are giving your child the equvilent of Slim Fast :S

Its free, quick, convenient and for a few months effort your baby will really reap the rewards by being less ill and being more immune to bugs ect

xx

im no teen either..

but i will say this i hope to god you dont encounter the same probs i (and many others have) with bfing..

it breaks my heart to not be able to bf properly at the moment luisa is having expressed breast milk but as my milk is drying up i am now having to introduce formula and it wont be long till my milk is gone completley..

its every womans choice how they feed THEIR baby..

i really wanted to bf and not being able to fully makes me feel like shit enough without reading comments like the above..

granted everyone is entitled to their opinons but maybe think before you make comments tht say bottle feeds are full crap..

i dont want a row i just want you to realise how upsetting yr comment can be to be who have struggled with bfing..

:hugs: FierceAngel

I agree with you. Moomoo, same rules apply in this section as those that aplly in the feeding sections of the forum. It's a very very offensive post that has the tendency of deeply upsetting a mother.

You can consider this a warning for yourself.

Listen up girlies! I have been breastfeeding Lily for 4 months now...and it's really great for her and me. Formula cannot provide the immune support breastmilk can, and there are tons of other things that breastmilk has too! Also, I lost some weight because it burns 500 calories a day (around that anyway). It hurt in the beginning while my nipples got used to it, but now it doesn't hurt at all. Plus, I feel a lot closer to my daughter.

oh p.s.- my sisters are a few years younger than me and they think it's weird : ) I'm only a teen for a week more now, but I thought it was weird before I got pregnant and realized how good it is for babies

Er read up first perhaps before you start! No one disputed the goodness of breast milk just asked for some consideration for those of us that had no choice. And just in case you miss understood me not exclusively bf has nothing to do with it hurting me. My baby was jaundice at birth and is now sick. I can't express enough milk for her so unless you suggest i let my baby starve i have to top her up with formula.

Listen up girlies! I have been breastfeeding Lily for 4 months now...and it's really great for her and me. Formula cannot provide the immune support breastmilk can, and there are tons of other things that breastmilk has too! Also, I lost some weight because it burns 500 calories a day (around that anyway). It hurt in the beginning while my nipples got used to it, but now it doesn't hurt at all. Plus, I feel a lot closer to my daughter.

listen up lady!.... not everyone can breastfeed!!! Not everyone that chooses not to breast feed does it because their not tough enough to stick it out due to sore nipples etc, bottle feeding can give u the same closeness to ur child just in another way... and with all this formula cant provide this and that garbage, yeah ok!, but as said its not always a choice and ur doing nothing but making women feel guilty....

i found ur post really hurtfull... alot of these posts are really hurtfull!

theirs very different research on this topic aswell, i encourage u to read this https://www.healingdaily.com/conditions/colostrum-3.htm

Listen up girlies!
I have been formula feeding for almost 7 months now......and it's great for me and her! Plus, I am really close to my daughter.

Can I put it that way?
Not everyone chooses to breastfeed. Not everyone can breastfeed. Respect that please.
If anyone has any question on breastfeeding or help in making that decision, there is a breastfeeding section on the forum.

Be careful with what you post girls or I will lock the thread.

:shock: at a few of these recent replies

Like Nikky has said you can give your opinion without being hurtful towards others, and to be quite honest some of these posts are a little rude imo

Im feeding my child the equivalent of slimfast ... ive never heard such nonsense

I plan to breastfeed, but if it doesn't work out then im not gonna beat myself up about it. Formula might not be 'as beneficial' as breast milk but baby is getting what he/she needs and thats all that matters.

Im not really a teen, but i am a youngen :) And i really, really want to breastfeed. if i cant i'm going to be completly gutted... i truely believe breast is best.. and the reason that so many people push it is because it is best..no other reason.

As great as the formula people reckon it is... you are still feeding your child a load of bulk...thats why ff babies sleep longer, cause their tummies are bloated out with crap to make them feel full for longer..so effectively you are giving your child the equvilent of Slim Fast :S

Its free, quick, convenient and for a few months effort your baby will really reap the rewards by being less ill and being more immune to bugs ect

xx

Mega offensive.... I do not feed my baby a load of crap/slim fast! Neither will she be more ill because I feed her formula. Its not poison ffs. I hope you find breastfeeding a walk in the park.... heaven forbid u have to feed ur baby crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->