any teen mums going to breastfeed??

Moomoo - perhaps you should experience something before you make judgements on it, especially if those judgements are so offensive.

no way in hell would i ever compare formula to slim fast, thats truly shocking and very naive :shock:

Good on you for wanting to b/f but like i said perhaps you should experience it first and how difficult it can be for some people before you make blanket judgmental statements.

Im not really a teen, but i am a youngen :) And i really, really want to breastfeed. if i cant i'm going to be completly gutted... i truely believe breast is best.. and the reason that so many people push it is because it is best..no other reason.

As great as the formula people reckon it is... you are still feeding your child a load of bulk...thats why ff babies sleep longer, cause their tummies are bloated out with crap to make them feel full for longer..so effectively you are giving your child the equvilent of Slim Fast :S

Its free, quick, convenient and for a few months effort your baby will really reap the rewards by being less ill and being more immune to bugs ect

xx

Cheeky bloody mare

As much as opinions on what is best for your life style are welcomed as your right you have NO damn right to say what you have.

I do the best by my kids ...ff! Comparing my choices to slim fast is the 2nd rudest comment I have ever seen.

I really want to breastfeed, but my sister did... and her daughter never took to it, causing quite bad post natal deppression which ruined a whole 8 months of their bonding time. I am so scared that will happen to me, and I guess bailing out of it is the ''safe'' option. It may sound pathetic, because so many woman do it and are fine, but it really is the last thing I want to happen.....

I am honestly appalled that someone would suggest I am feeding my baby 'crap' the equivilant of 'slim fast'. Iwould consider that a form of child abuse, and I can assure you that I and all the other ff s on here are doing what we feel best for our child and our situation, no one has the right to question our decision as mothers.

I breast fed my two daughters and was lucky enough to be able to do that. But for medical reasons had to ff my son from early on. There is so much guilt placed on ff mothers and comments made like the above only add to that.

I can also guarantee you that I have an equally close bond with my son as I do with my daughters. There is also no difference in their sleep patterns or immunity.
I hope all those who wish to breast feed can but dont automatically assume it will be easy or even possible.
I really dont think anybody has the right to question a mothers decision. We all want whats best for our babies.

Im not really a teen, but i am a youngen :) And i really, really want to breastfeed. if i cant i'm going to be completly gutted... i truely believe breast is best.. and the reason that so many people push it is because it is best..no other reason.

As great as the formula people reckon it is... you are still feeding your child a load of bulk...thats why ff babies sleep longer, cause their tummies are bloated out with crap to make them feel full for longer..so effectively you are giving your child the equvilent of Slim Fast :S

Its free, quick, convenient and for a few months effort your baby will really reap the rewards by being less ill and being more immune to bugs ect

xx

Are you a scientist? No? Then you don't know what the hell is in Formula! Cheek.

Breastfeeding is HARD. It isn't quick and convenient at first. Most mums are glued to the sofa for hours on end.

xx

I'm sorry. But I find that worrying if anything. I know they say that breast is best, but that doesn't mean that formula is a ''load of crap'' Would they really be selling it if it was?
What about people that can't breastfeed? Like litterally can't? Does that mean their baby will be less healthy that one that is breastfed?
I think your not only being rediculous.... but in turn your worrying a number of mothers on here, certainly me!. As I said previously, I'm not sure I will breastfeed.... But your putting a pressure on me to feel like I should, or my baby will suffer.

Your out of order.

I am honestly appalled that someone would suggest I am feeding my baby 'crap' the equivilant of 'slim fast'.
for medical reasons had to ff my son from early on. There is so much guilt placed on ff mothers and comments made like the above only add to that.

could not agree more
:hug:

at this stage it looks like i will have to FF as i CANNOT breast feed due to medical reasons... so thank u for telling me i will be feeding my son CRAP.... thanks alot....

seeing ur so educated on formula, should i just buy slim fast as it may work out cheaper????:dohh: (of course im not going to do that)!

xx

Are you a scientist? No? Then you don't know what the hell is in Formula! Cheek.

Breastfeeding is HARD. It isn't quick and convenient at first. Most mums are clued to the sofa for hours on end.

Thank you toria, its nice to have the support from a breast feeding mum x

i think you have done brilliant to bf caitlyn for so long and im sure you know how lucky you are xx

I really want to breastfeed, but my sister did... and her daughter never took to it, causing quite bad post natal deppression which ruined a whole 8 months of their bonding time. I am so scared that will happen to me, and I guess bailing out of it is the ''safe'' option. It may sound pathetic, because so many woman do it and are fine, but it really is the last thing I want to happen.....

Regardless of my and others' views on BF versus FF, please don't not BF because you are scared of developing postnatal depression. If anything, if you BF you *reduce* the likelihood of developing postnatal depression.

Agree with you Toria!

I'm sure many of you on this thread have not seen my posts that I have breastfed two children and now bottlefeed my third.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each way of feeding. But I will say that I feel no less closer to my third than my other two. My third child is happy and healthy and that's what matters. Formula is not "crap". Wow, to say that is appalling.

And the other thing is, I really do not like judgemental opinions on how to feed your baby, especially when you've not experienced both ways!

If any of you wish to read about my experiences with both ways of feeding, do take a look https://www.babyandbump.com/breast-bottle-feeding/86232-been-there-been-here.html

Exactly, and it does to so many women.
I see your point colsy, but seeing someone so close to me go through it just because her child wouldn't take to BF'ing really knocked me back from the idea

I'm sorry. But I find that worrying if anything. I know they say that breast is best, but that doesn't mean that formula is a ''load of crap'' Would they really be selling it if it was?

Yes, quite possibly they would :-( I'm not going to get into the BF versus FF debate, but (as a scientist) I did want to respond to this. In our world, we can buy all sorts of things - some are good for us, some are neither good nor bad, and some are downright dire. I am not going to comment on whether I think baby milk is "full of crap", but I can assure you that there are plenty of things on the market, both in Britain and elsewhere in the market, that ARE full of crap. If one could only buy things that were good for us, then McDonald's etc. wouldn't exist as legal fast-food companies, Coca-Cola would have gone bankrupt decades ago, and a vast number of completely legal drugs and general household cleaning products would no longer be available over the counter.

Whether you BF or FF your baby is entirely your choice, but please don't assume that, just because something is currently on the market, automatically means it's safe.

Breastfeeding gave me PND if we want to get into that one :rofl:

How many scientific papers do you want me to show you? I am not disputing at all that you had PND, and I don't even dispute that in your case your PND was caused by BF. However, for the majority of women, they become less likely (I don't say "won't" - because these are risks rather than hard facts, a bit like when your nuchal fold test gives you a risk factor rather than a definite answer) to develop PND than if they FF.

Yes, quite possibly they would :-( I'm not going to get into the BF versus FF debate, but (as a scientist) I did want to respond to this. In our world, we can buy all sorts of things - some are good for us, some are neither good nor bad, and some are downright dire. I am not going to comment on whether I think baby milk is "full of crap", but I can assure you that there are plenty of things on the market, both in Britain and elsewhere in the market, that ARE full of crap. If one could only buy things that were good for us, then McDonald's etc. wouldn't exist as legal fast-food companies, Coca-Cola would have gone bankrupt decades ago, and a vast number of completely legal drugs and general household cleaning products would no longer be available over the counter.

Whether you BF or FF your baby is entirely your choice, but please don't assume that, just because something is currently on the market, automatically means it's safe.

Okay well, me and my little sister were both bottle fed, and we're just as healthy as any others.
My little sister is only 4 and shes as healthy and fit and less prone to illnesses if not more than kids in her nursery who were breastfed
But I understand completely what your saying, thank you

Breastfeeding gave me PND if we want to get into that one :rofl:

How many scientific papers do you want me to show you? I am not disputing at all that you had PND, and I don't even dispute that in your case your PND was caused by BF. However, for the majority of women, they become less likely (I don't say "won't" - because these are risks rather than hard facts, a bit like when your nuchal fold test gives you a risk factor rather than a definite answer) to develop PND than if they FF.

I didn't say FF doesn't make people depressed, but for it to make you depressed you have to be unsure. To which I'd suggest anyone unsure tried it.

xx

I BF and found your post ridiculous.

Good luck BFing, as many find it very difficult. My area has an 80% drop out rate in the first week.

Coke rots teeth, causes weight gain, etc.
MacDonalds causes sickness, weight gain, cholesteral, etc.

Formula is safe. Where are the damn scientific studies to show that it's crap? I've not known one baby where it has been affected by formula feeding. It's been around for years and years and if it were full of crap, then there would be publications on it. This is your opinion only and to compare it to coca cola or MacDonalds is BS.

ok scientist, lets go outside today and u tell me who was formula fed and who was breastfed... it must be obvious? all the crippled or people with disabilities they aquired after birth must surely have been fed crap?...

and all i will say is if u cant breastfeed and i hope u can, that u wont feel as guilty as this thread has made most ff feel!

xx

Not true! My breastfed children get sick often during the flu season and have since they were young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->