Any Tips For TTC after M/C???

Discussion in 'TTC After A Loss' started by rhealeigh, Nov 20, 2011.

1. rhealeigh

rhealeigh Member

SOOOO, after 2 months of shock I'm ready to try again. I am scared, anxious, nervous, kinda stressed, and hopeful. I have been praying since my m/c for conception although we were not trying yet. I have heard lots of encouraging stories of easy success after a m/c and not so great storiess. It took us 5 years to conceive the baby we lost in september, so of course luking in the back of mind is the what if's. What if it takes us 5 more years, or what if it takes longer? I seriously have this sneaky feeling though that it's going to happen really soon & blow our minds. If anyone has any tips please share!!!

PRAYERS AND BABY DUST TO US ALL!!!!
    :dust::dust::dust::dust:

2. tryingfaith

tryingfaith Well-Known Member

3. Twinkie210

Twinkie210 Mom of 2 and an ^Angel^

I hope it happens quickly for you! So far I haven't been so lucky. I am in my 4th cycle after my MC (3rd TTCAL). I am trying soy this month. I don't know if it will help, but at this point I don't think it could hurt.

4. PugLuvAh

PugLuvAh Pregnant with #3

Not to give you false hope, but after my miscarriage (it took us a year to conceive our first) the doctor told us that most women are more fertile for a few months after a m/c because their bodies "remembers" being pregnant. If you guys start trying again soon, maybe you can reap the benefits of this?

I definitely fell into that catagory--I got pregnant right after my miscarriage (no period in between). After my m/c I kept taking the prenatal vitamin, B6/B12, iron and vitax that I was taking previously. Once all the bleeding/cramping stopped, I made sure I got a negative HPT, then starting using OPT to see if I would ovulate right away (I did not wait one cycle before trying again--our doctor said that was fine as long as we were emotionally up for it). Once I got my smiley face, we DTD 4 days in a row. A week and a half after that I knew something was up and got my positive HPT.

Other than a rough 4th month, everything in this pregnancy has been fine and baby is healthy.

Good luck, I hope you get your rainbow baby really soon :)

5. rhealeigh

rhealeigh Member

Well im trying to take advantage of waht my doctore says is the 3 most fertile months after a m/c. I really kinda think that we will fall pregnant fast, b/c of the m/c. If we don't no choice but to wait, but after 5 long yrs of waiting for the other positive pregnancy test, I hopw God smiles on us & let us fall pregnant soon. I never stopped taking my prenatals or any of my other vitamins after my m/c either. I truly believe a blend of royal jelly, bee pollen, b-6, prenatals, and Pre-Seed was the trick, because 2 cycles of starting that routine I fell pregnant. Just praying for a sticky bean!!

https://lagf.lilypie.com/6sDSm6.png