any twin moms ever use a doppler? help

Discussion in 'Twins, Triplets & Multiples' started by highlandlassi, Apr 7, 2009.

1. highlandlassi

highlandlassi pregnant with twins

hi there.
    i recently got a fetal doppler and i do love it. the thing is i am never sure if i am picking up both hearts or not. the doppler does not read the rates very accuratly as the babies seem to move too much before it quite gets a rate. i do find the two heartbeats in quite different places. meaning maybe 3 inches apart or more. would that be the both of them. if any of you used one can you let me know how far apart on your tummy you found them at this stage(apx 16 weeks) and how different the rates were?

2. RebaMc

RebaMc Mum to twins

Sorry - I'm not much help... but just wanted to say that I got to hear mine for the first time yesterday at the midwife's :cloud9: She didn't seem to find them very far apart, but said they were definitely 2 different heartbeats. I can't believe what a relief it was to hear them :)