Any weird pregnancy symptoms?

Ele3085

Reaction score
Are any of you ladies experiencing any weird symptoms? I'm almost 6 weeks along and I've got some symptoms I'm unsure of

Hi, I haven't really had any symptoms except extreme tiredness and a bit of nausea. I have been having quite vivid dreams now I come to think of it.

What symptoms are you getting? x

It's a bit embarrassing to admit....but I've got a constant bad taste in my mouth , no matter how much I brush my teeth or use mints or chew gum , it doesn't go away , it's making me very self conscious . Am I the only one with that symptom?

It's a bit embarrassing to admit....but I've got a constant bad taste in my mouth , no matter how much I brush my teeth or use mints or chew gum , it doesn't go away , it's making me very self conscious . Am I the only one with that symptom?

Does it taste like metal or blood? I read that it can be normal while your hormones rise. I don't know what you could try though to get rid of the taste. Maybe some lemon to neutralise the palate x

No , just a constant gross taste in my mouth . Hopefully the further along I get with my little bean , I'll get my energy back and the blegh feeling will go away(fingers crossed)

No , just a constant gross taste in my mouth . Hopefully the further along I get with my little bean , I'll get my energy back and the blegh feeling will go away(fingers crossed)

Ive had this too for the past couple of weeks. I‘m hoping it’s normal lol

The bad taste is normal! I’ve had it with every pregnancy and it’s there no matter what I eat or drink.

This time I feel sooo dehydrated I can’t stop drinking and my mouth is so dry!

How is your nausea? I'm having a rough time with it , and no appetite for anything . Any suggestions?

Yes the bad taste comes with the nausea for me - I get it from 6 weeks until after 1st tri is over, although this time I'm having twins so maybe it will last longer :(

It's my worst pregnancy symptom. I have to keep chewing gum even though I hate the taste of it, and I have to keep eating as while I'm eating I can't taste it. Sweet foods make it much worse. I hate chocolate right now!

Yes, I've had this with every pregnancy. It is called dysgeusia in medical terms and is quite normal. Now that I'm starting the second trimester it seems to be easing up, though it is still there a little if I don't drink enough. I don't really have any suggestions to get it to go away. I've tried brushing my teeth with baking soda and rinsing my mouth several times a day with salt water but it always came back. It's annoying. It only went away while I was eating. As soon as I was done, it came straight back and if I ate something strong, it left the aftertaste of that food in my mouth.

As to the nausea, I'd only suggest trying to think of something you can tolerate... anything. Even if it is fast food. If ice cream or pickles (which the sourness does help with that bad taste) sound appealing, go for it if that's the only thing you can stomach. Protein and carbs seem to keep you fuller longer although it doesn't really matter in the first trimester what you eat, as long as you eat something. The first trimester is all about survival. You can worry about eating healthier and heartier in the last two trimesters. I had to snack almost all day and never ate a full meal until I was close to 12 weeks.

I've had that symptom before. Very unpleasant, but at least it meant I was super vigilant about my oral hygiene.

My usual symptom that I don't usually hear much about is feeling sick. Not nauseated, just 1-day-before-I-give-up-and-see-the-doctor sick. From about 5-8 weeks, I'm just miserable with nothing I can really point at as being the problem. I've been so miserable I've actually cried at times. (So I have sympathy for little kids who cry without quite knowing why; I've been there, kid, I've been there!) But I've got a sister who's had HG for the entire length of all 4 of her pregnancies, so I try not to complain too much.

How is your nausea? I'm having a rough time with it , and no appetite for anything . Any suggestions?

I’ve felt sick all day but haven’t actually been sick. I’m just eating what I fancy.. Yesterday I really fancied a microwave curry :lol: so sent my OH out for one and left the roast dinner he had cooked. Today it’s grapes! So refreshing. Really gone off chocolate/sweets though and I’m only drinking flavoured water. X

I’ve felt sick all day but haven’t actually been sick. I’m just eating what I fancy.. Yesterday I really fancied a microwave curry :lol: so sent my OH out for one and left the roast dinner he had cooked. Today it’s grapes! So refreshing. Really gone off chocolate/sweets though and I’m only drinking flavoured water. X

I haven't actually gotten sick yet either(just really queasy and nauseous)
Grapes , cherries and watermelon sound really good right now , grapefruit was helping the first few days , but now I can't think about them . I heard jello can help .

Yes , I've barely eaten in the past few days except apples , kix cereal , triscuits and graham crackers . And a few bites of rice . I feel like I should be eating more so I'm not starving my little bean , but I can't think of full meals without getting more nauseous

You won’t be starving little one! Pretty sure baby gets priority over nutrients anyway! :) oh yes watermelon sounds like it’d be so refreshing right now, just try to eat what you fancy little but often don’t worry about it not being actual meals, it’ll help with the nausea too :) x

Ive been being sick every other morning. Its the norm for me though as was sick throughout my last two pregnancies. Doesnt help with the horrible taste though i must admit lol

You won’t be starving little one! Pretty sure baby gets priority over nutrients anyway! :) oh yes watermelon sounds like it’d be so refreshing right now, just try to eat what you fancy little but often don’t worry about it not being actual meals, it’ll help with the nausea too :) x

(I know it might seem like a silly concern)But if I'm barely eating doesn't that mean my little one isn't eating either?
Yes , I could go for some nice cold pieces of watermelon right now , but the thought of driving to the store sounds like a challenging task , especially with my nausea :nope:

No because baby takes all the nutrients from your body that are all stored up first anyway, don’t try to force yourself to eat as you’ll make yourself poorly. Ginger is supposed to be great for nausea if you can manage some ginger biscuits or something, hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

Bad taste in mouth is a typical pregnancy symptom so I wouldn't worry about that ;-) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->