any1 found out sex from nhs scan b4 20 weeks?

porkpie1981

Reaction score
Im going for my triple test on wedneday and i will be 17/18 weeks. I understand they only do a quick scan to confirm the dates but have any of u asked b4 the 20 weeks and been told? I understand that private scans will tell u but what about nhs?

I had a cervical length scan at 14 weeks on the nhs and they told me the sex of our baby. It was an internal scan though which is more detailed than an abdominal one so I guess it depends on how confident your sonographer is

oooooooooo ive had a few scans on the past few weeks but i never asked as i was just so happy to see a heartbeat after a bleed.

I really hope they will:baby: as im busting to know

i think it depends on the hospital if they tell you or not, they do say though that its not 100% accurate!!

Good luck :)

I found out at 17wks with Lauren....she's 6 now so that was quite a while ago,I think I was just over 19wks when I found out with Abi but only a couple of days before 20wks

My 20 week anomaly scan is at 18 weeks hun , On tuesday :) . And will find out sex allthow i allready know lol . xx .

I found out at 17 weeks on the nhs :)

I had my gender scan at 18 weeks.

Pork Pie, what hosp are you going to?? Some have a no tell policy!!!

Craigavon sent me out my appt date for 22 week scan and it said in there not to ask as they "don't feel the sex can accurately be determined at this stage"..... doesn't matter to me, I'm staying on team yellow anyways, but yet another N.I. hospital cop-out me thinks!
Hope you find out if that's what you want PP! xx

I just found out yesterday...18 weeks and clear as anything...lots of luck to you!

I have never found out before but will be this time but my scan isn't until I'm 21+1 so we shall see xxx

i found out @ 17 weeks through a growth scan, so good luck hun! x

I am having my gender scan at 18 weeks as well and then a private scan at 20 weeks to do the 3D. That one I will have my son there and my step son so they can see the baby.

At my 20 week scan my dates got changed so i was only 18 weeks 2 days and the lady was 97% sure i was having a girl
so i guess you just gotta ask! xx

Pork Pie, what hosp are you going to?? Some have a no tell policy!!!

The royal (due to my heart probs) or i would have just went to the Ulster.

I just have a feeling that they will just rush the scan as the only reason that they are doing it is to confirm the number of weeks i am to ensure the blood tests are right

I'm kind of shocked that they would even have a policy as frivilous as not telling you the sex. They'll tell you if they can see it here, but there's always that "Not 100% Accurate" disclaimer!

I cant stop think about this :rofl: Im obessing about them not telling me :rofl: im trying not to get my hopes up but its so hard :rofl:

The Ulster and they have a no tell policy, but the Royal according to my friend who had a baby there, will tell you!! Suppose with each hosp it depends who you get. When I went for my triple test they didnt even do a scan, whereas the Royal do. You should maybe mention you are thinking about going for a 3d scan cause you really want to find out the gender and they might have a quick look to save you the money. I sort of asked in a round about way at my 20 week scan and the sonographer more or less ignored me, then said its not policy to even check the gender. Mentioned the 3d scan and she said its an awful price to pay to find out, she tried to have a quick look for us but the leg was in the way. nice off her to try though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->