• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anybody been put on bp tablets since becoming pg?

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
Hi ladies

So I have been for an extra BP check at my MW and it's now at 140/90. I've got to go back on Friday to be checked again and then might get referred to the hospital. She mentioned being put on BP tablets.

Has anyone been put on these since becoming PG? I presume they don't harm the baby? Will having high BP affect the baby? What is your BP when you started taking them?

I wasn't worried before, but I am now :cry:

(For info at my booking appt it was 125/80, at 12wks 139/89, at 15 wks 130/88, at 20 weeks 143/86, then retested at 120/84, at 21 weeks 130/84 and 23 weeks (today) 140/90).

I was on meds from after having my first until TTC again. I am being monitered and my doctor said IF I needed meds there are some particular ones that are safe in pregnancy. Don't worry they will not give anything to harm LO!
It's the bottom figure that they worry about most when it goes way above 90. I had pre-eclampsia with DD. This is when there is raised BP for a prolonged period and Protein in Urine.

Best thing is to stay calm and try and relax as much as poss. :hugs:

I got put on bp meds a bit ago, it's called labetalol and it doesn't harm the baby at all. I don't know what my previous bp's were but mine was in like 148s and then since the medication in 138s.

It could be pregnancy hypertension or the start of other things. Make sure to stay away from a lot of salt, cut back on carbs and eat a lot of protein (just what I was told), and try not to stress about a lot of things.

I got put on bp meds a bit ago, it's called labetalol and it doesn't harm the baby at all. I don't know what my previous bp's were but mine was in like 148s and then since the medication in 138s.

It could be pregnancy hypertension or the start of other things. Make sure to stay away from a lot of salt, cut back on carbs and eat a lot of protein (just what I was told), and try not to stress about a lot of things.

Try not to stress?? I wish they sold that remedy in bottles!!
will have a go at the more protein less carb thing

Thanks honey
xx

Try not to stress?? I wish they sold that remedy in bottles!!
will have a go at the more protein less carb thing

Thanks honey
xx

I know, stressing is something that's done on a daily basis and I always laugh when people tell me that! But it's always a good thing to try..even if it never works out! haha

Bump to page 1, am interested in other people's experiences of getting high BP during pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"