Anybody doing it on their own?

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
So as the title says really anybody been or going to be a single pregnant Mamma?

So I have two beautiful baby boys almost 2 and 4 who I dote on! Their my world. I was with their dad for 5 years and he left me last June six weeks before our wedding.

I then got into another relationship stupidly fast it was all too much, and I ended things, but that same week I found out I was expecting baby Bean, I know it’s going to be so hard but this baby is 100% wanted and I’ll do all I can for it and more.

Fast forward I’m now 10 weeks and have my midwife today, I just wondered if anybody else was doing it alone? Me and my babies dad are in speaking terms and he wants to 100% be involved.

Please be kind lol xxx

Good for you girl.

I did it for a bit on my own when my eldest was 3. Actually loved every second of it just being me and him. It was the best time of my life giving him all my attention.

You got this xx

Good for you girl.

I did it for a bit on my own when my eldest was 3. Actually loved every second of it just being me and him. It was the best time of my life giving him all my attention.

You got this xx

Thank you lovely! It’s more the thought of 3 by myself that daunts me! I’ve been single with the boys but not for long so I’m like wow this is gonna be hard xxx

That’s great he’s supportive and wants to be involved. Nothing wrong with doing it on your own. It takes a strong woman to be a single mother. I was raised by one.

I plan on doing it on my own , and I couldn't be happier ❤️

Hey, I think I remember you from when I was pregnant with my 4 year old! :)

I am a single parent to her and my 5 year old with no involvement from their father in the last 3.5 years. It's great FOB wants to be involved. You've got this! :hugs:

I was a single mum of 4 it's tiring but soo rewarding you can do it x

Thanks ladies I’m trying to keep upbeat and positive about it! But I can’t help but worth! Thank you all so much for your lovely comments xxx

So many mums do it on their own you can too xx

Hugs gl! I’m on my own and mid custody battle. You learn to manage. Today, I assembled a tv stand while my 5.5 month only played on his playmat across the room and you get really good at eating one handed lol. You rest when you need it, get stuff done when you can, prioritize, and rely on friends and family for support. Idk your exes but my life is easier and less work/stress with his butt gone. Just take it a day at a time. Take family or friends to scans of you don’t want to go alone. You got this

Hugs gl! I’m on my own and mid custody battle. You learn to manage. Today, I assembled a tv stand while my 5.5 month only played on his playmat across the room and you get really good at eating one handed lol. You rest when you need it, get stuff done when you can, prioritize, and rely on friends and family for support. Idk your exes but my life is easier and less work/stress with his butt gone. Just take it a day at a time. Take family or friends to scans of you don’t want to go alone. You got this

Thank you lovely that means the world! it’s just a huge change to my other two pregnancy’s I always had their dad around. I’m slowly starting to get used to it’s just me and the kiddies right now and my house has never been tidier I do it when they go to bed wake up to the chaos all over again! But I’ve started to feel humble rather then sad about the fact that I’m doing it on my own. Not looking to be in a relationship for a long long time but it does make me wonder if I’ll be on my own forever now having three babies. Only time will tell xxx

I had 4 and left their abusive a-hole dad and thought I'd never find anyone nd I have (admitted it's a whole new world of drama and I do think sometimes do I need this crap!) and I'm having surprise number 5 xx

I’m glad things are getting more routine. Two of my cousins divorced young (mid 20s early 30s) and had theee kids from their first marriage. They were both able to fund new relationships. Granted, those men were also divorcés as well with children who moms had physical custody of. But they remarried and even chose to have more kids. So keep positive.

As for tidying when they are asleep, you go! But also remember it is ok to skip a day to get some rest. You don’t have to be perfect, super mom. So as you get more pregnant or when you have your baby, nobody would fault you or judge you (and if they did wtf lol) so don’t run yourself ragged.

But don’t be afraid to ask for or accept help. My mom just offered to take my kid for the night, and I said no out of guilt since he is sleep regressing. Don’t do that. I did let him have bro time with his uncle and grandfather and took a glorious two hour nap though haha.

I had 4 and left their abusive a-hole dad and thought I'd never find anyone nd I have (admitted it's a whole new world of drama and I do think sometimes do I need this crap!) and I'm having surprise number 5 xx

How soon did you meet somebody else? Was it like a whole new world! Congrats on the pregnancy. I guess every baby is a blessing! And it’s good that your not with their abusive dad anymore xxx

I’m glad things are getting more routine. Two of my cousins divorced young (mid 20s early 30s) and had theee kids from their first marriage. They were both able to fund new relationships. Granted, those men were also divorcés as well with children who moms had physical custody of. But they remarried and even chose to have more kids. So keep positive.

As for tidying when they are asleep, you go! But also remember it is ok to skip a day to get some rest. You don’t have to be perfect, super mom. So as you get more pregnant or when you have your baby, nobody would fault you or judge you (and if they did wtf lol) so don’t run yourself ragged.

But don’t be afraid to ask for or accept help. My mom just offered to take my kid for the night, and I said no out of guilt since he is sleep regressing. Don’t do that. I did let him have bro time with his uncle and grandfather and took a glorious two hour nap though haha.

Thank you my lovely! There’s hope yet! Only time will tell means the world for your comments thank you xxx

How soon did you meet somebody else? Was it like a whole new world! Congrats on the pregnancy. I guess every baby is a blessing! And it’s good that your not with their abusive dad anymore xxx

I got into a fling thing pretty quick which was more an ego boost to me then anything else, but then I signed up to a dating site just cos I wanted to chat and met someone on there...

At the moment this last week I have. It's just me and DS3 now. Things have hit a patch between me and hubby due to unresolved issues with my anger and he's taken DS1 and DS2 with him to his mother's until we can start getting me sorted out - properly. He's tried helping me for the last 11 years and he's realized that everything he's done to try hasn't helped. He's in no way able to help and although it breaks his heart to make this call, there aren't a lot of other options at the moment. We've tried so many times over the years but nothing has really worked and I'm just finally at that point where I am fed up with being angry all the time and the eldest 2 coping it just because 'they are there'. I have a GP appointment next Friday (because everyone wants to die between now and then and they are fully booked) so it will probably be back to anti-depressants for a bit, a full blood work to see what's going on, Counseling and hopefully, a Psychologist to help me identify these triggers and teach me how to control them. We have suspensions about where the anger stems from but never really managed to have it identified. My goal is on me sorted and supported so I can have my family is back under one roof by the time DS2 turns 8 in April.

Hey :) congrats on bean :) x

I’m doing it on my own too, single Mumma to 3 girls , have been off/on with their dad with 7 years, gave it one last go and tolerated way too many things I shouldn’t have, he found a pregnancy test wrapper , threw it at me, and left when I told him I was pregnant. This is a massive shock for both of us, we don’t really have sex, I’m BFing, and was tracking ovulation to avoid fertile times. It’s been hard news to take and still not sure how I feel, all my children I loved from the moment I saw that bfp, this time I’m worried about the quality of life I’ll give another. I already find it hard with 3 girls (aged 6 and under) so am really unsure this time around x

Congrats to all u Mumma’s doing it alone! Sometimes it’s a lot less complicated especially if the relationship wasn’t right xx

My anger issues has resulted me in raising DS3 on my own at the moment with DS4 due any day. Am I scared? Absolutely. I've never done this on my own and I don't know yet if this is permanent or not. The kids father plans on being at home for the first few days to help out so we will see where we go from there. DS1 and DS2 are with their father until we know if we can be saved or not. Time will tell. He's still there for me and the 2 little ones and always will be but the home was not a healthy environment and I need to work on fixing me. He misses being woken up with kisses, hugs and pats on the back with DS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->