anybody else feel this way? :-(

stevie123

Reaction score
hi all,
im really not coping being pregnant anymore. i feel so ill all the time. i have terrible nausea 24/7. i get no relief. i cant sleep at night, im absolutely exhausted. ive not had proper food for 6/7 weeks. all i can eat is pasta, toast, some fruit, just simple carbs really. this in turn is making me ill as i have ibs, and the foods i am eating are foods that usually affect my bowels. i cry everyday cuz i just cant take anymore.
i am eating little and often, and never let my tummy get empty as i know this makes it worse. i was given meds by the docs but they did nothing. i dont actually vomit that much, maybe once a day or so, its the nausea thats getting to me. i work full time, and i really cant cope anymore.
i even said the most terrible thing to my boyfriend yesterday. i said i wished i wasnt pregnant and that i wished it would go away. i feel awfulll for even thinking it, but i feel so bad i cant help thinking it.
i feel awfull as i know people are worse then me i.e have to be hospitalised, and at least i can mostly keep food and water down.
i just feel like nobody understands how bad i feel. im over 12 weeks now and this has been going on since week 6. please tell me im not the only one that feels this way? sorry for the long and depressing post, but i really just needed to get it out.

hi hun just wanted to say im sorry you are having such a rough time of it, its not easy for some, and some sail through it!

This is 3rd time round for me and the first 2 i sailed through (one of the lucky ones) this time, its hit me with a bang!!! all those symptoms you have discribed is just like mine. With 2 littlins to run round after its so hard and i just feel constantly exhausted, im nausiated all the time and can only eat certain foods like yourself, the thought of food even makes me urge, im always worse evenings and when i sit down with the family for a meal which i think i fancy i straight away go and chuck it up again!! the sickness gives me headaches and sore throat too it just feels like im dieing sometimes :-( BUT!! all i can say is we gotta keep reminding ourselves we wont be like this forever (altho it may seem like that now) and mines only been the last 2 weeks so poor you for going on for 6 weeks plus!! and the outcome is more than worth it as we all know.

Hope you start to feel better soon, it normally calms down after 12 weeks (touch wood) so fingers crossed for you hun x

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. :(

I'm a little over 7 weeks and my 24/7 nausea/vomiting started about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I saw the doctor today and she gave me a rx for zolfran and I feel better already.

See if this is available to you or another medication.

I know some people may be against taking medication, but zolfran is considered safe for women during pregnancy. And if it means that I can eat, go to work, exercise, etc all the things I need to do it's worth it.

See what options are available to you. And no you're not the only one. Hang in there! :hugs:

Sorry to hear this.

I was like this, but i didnt eat or drink for almost 2weeks i was stuck in bed for 2weeks. i went to the doc about it and he said "if it gets any worse come back and i will give you some meds"

I was sick all the time, could not keep anything down, i also did what you did i wished i wasnt pregnant i was having a really hard time. i become depressed. i was crying all the time. i was fed up and wished it all away.

But then around 9weeks it just become moning sickness and all weekend sickness, but now i know if i eat in the morning and have something to drink, and then keep me full and not feel hungry i can keep all my food down and feel great in the evenings.

I hope it get better for you :hugs:

hi. thanks for the replies. im glad to know im not the only one whos had terrible thoughts about not wanting to be pregnant anymore. i know im not the only one going through this, but i guess it just feels like it when youve got nobody to talk to. i just feel im being robbed of the experience of pregnancy, as ive not felt one bit of excitement about this at all, as i was already feeling ill when the doctor rang to confirm my blood test to say i was pregnant. ive not felt happy about it at all, but this is only because i feel so poorly.
why when having a baby is meant to be so natural does nature make it so bloody hard? my pregnancy was not planned but i always imajined being really excited about having my first child, i never imajined i would be depressed, crying everyday and utterly miserable.
all i do is go to work then collapse in bed when i get home. i have no social life or anything. havent been out in 6 weeks, other than to pop to the shops.
i take my hats off to you people who have done this 2 or 3 times or more!

hello hun sorry to here that your not copein very well im 6+4 and got nausea alday long not a very nice feelin and when i go to bed i cant sleep either just cant get comfy : o( got my first appointment with the midwife next wed xxx hope you start feelin better soon xxx

awww i feel it for you:( i havnt had it as bad as what yours sounds but ive had very bad days where all ive wanted to do is stay in bed because even though ive had so much sleep i still feel so exhausted and whenever ive stood for 10 mins thats it i feel as though im going to drop.also ive had days where ive felt sick all day and the only food i can take down is oranges other than that i cant eat anything but i think you will get over that stage later on in the pregnancy.good luck :)

I just wanted to say that I really feel for you. I had a very bad week where I couldn't get out of bed, my OH was so worried that he called the doctor on my behalf! It is normal to feel down when you are sick, even if the sickness is caused by something you want very much - I remember saying to OH that I didn't think I could do it again! I can also relate to feeling so isolated, there are lots of festive events on at the moment and if you are like me you haven't even told your friends you are pregnant, so they just assume you have the flu or something and will be better in a week or two.

Speak to your doctor again, I know that they can't always help, but you don't have to feel so alone which is what happened to me - I felt like I just had to suffer through it and there was nothing anyone could do.

I am now feeling slightly off and very tired, which is not great but I am totally able to handle it. When you feel awful ALL the time, it's very depressing and it's not surprising that it would really get you down. :hugs:

hi, thanks for all the advice. i think that if i am not feeling better in the new year i will definately go back to the doctor and see if there is anythingelse i can take. but im really hoping it stops soon, as i am nearly at the point where it is meant to get better!
it does really help to know there are others in the same situation, so thanks. i hope all who are still feeling ill get better soonx

Hey darlin'. I'm really sorry you are going through this. Honestly, you sound exactly the same way I sounded a couple weeks ago. I cried all day, was sick all day, didn't want to be around anyone, and I have even made the comment about not wanting to be pregnant anymore, because I was so miserable. Don't beat yourself up for it, seriously. It's just a stage of pregnancy and it will pass and in the end, you will hold your baby in your arms and say to yourself, "THIS WAS WORTH IT ALL!". :happydance: Just rememeber that okay?

~Heather
Pregnant with 1st Child
10 weeks 2 days pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583