Anybody else?! Freaking out!!

Hopeful8289

Reaction score
So I am currently sitting in the ER about to lose my mind. I had intercourse this morning and after there was blood. There has been some spotting the last few hours. It's bright red but no clots. I also don't have cramping. The ER doctor says it's normal but got a baseline hcg in case the bleeding continues to go off of. I'm freaking out. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did it turn out for you? I'm 9w3d and have had no concerns prior. My first u/s on 2/29 showed the baby was right on track with a strong heartbeat. At this point I am just being told to wait it out and to abstain from intercourse until I see my regular doctor.

I think this is quite common! You may have a sensitive cervix , I'm betting all will be perfectly fine :)
Hopefully the bleeding stops so you can relax ! Will you get another ultrasound ?

They said it's too early still to hear a heartbeat abdominally? And I am guessing they didn't want to further irritate anything by doing a transvaginal. The doctor said my hcg level was at 215,000 so he felt good about that. I will likely go get more blood taken in 48 hours to make sure that my levels aren't dropping. The bleeding has almost stopped now. Just a few brown-ish drops on the paper when I wipe. The ER doctor very much acted like it was no big deal but I'm still freaked out. I was hoping to get another ultrasound. Maybe I can convince my doctor when/if I go see him to at least try an abdominal one. I'm still freaking out and probably will until I know everything is how it should be in a few days. First time mom jitters I guess! Lol. Thanks for your response!!

I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with #1. My husband and I had sex and later that morning (after he left for a week long training exercise for work) I started spotting when I wiped. All was well though. I just had a blood vessel on my cervix that burst. Its terrifying when it happens though. You and baby should be just fine. :hugs:

And that exactly why I don't have sex in first trimester! Very common but not worth the stress.

Its common to have spotting after sex, but I know it can be worrying! That's odd they didn't measure your baby's heart rate. I had an abdominal ultrasound at 9 weeks and saw the flicker and they told me the rate. And I carry some extra weight too lol. Hopefully they will show you next time!

I had this with my first pregnancy. The blood vessels down there become really sensitive and can burst easily

My first pregnancy I started spotting after intercourse and even masturbation. Turned out that everything was fine. I just had an irritation on my cervix. I've read this can be common for woman who have been on birth control long term.

I spoke to my doctors office this morning and they said they weren't going to mess with retesting hcg but did say to be sure they are going to bring me in and get a heartbeat with the Doppler. They stated the doctor could have and likely should have tried yesterday. I am going late tomorrow afternoon since they didn't seem like I needed to rush in. I am just trying to have faith that everything will be fine and they will find a heartbeat no problem tomorrow. I will of course still have a bit of worry until then though. Thank you everyone for the responses! My SO was laughing at me because I was getting more reassurance from those of you on here than what the ER doctor was saying. Lol. There is just nothing like knowing you are not alone and it has turned out okay! Thanks again!!

weird, i had an abdominal ultrasound at 7 1/2 weeks and got to actually hear the heartbeat...

Just to update: my appt today went great! They pulled out the little ultrasound machine they have at the office and I got to see the baby's arms moving and him/her wiggling around. There was a strong heartbeat and no concerns. It's crazy has much growth there has been in just a couple of weeks! The only other ultrasound I *should* have now is at twenty weeks so as much as I hated the scare it was a blessing to get to see the baby today. I feel so reassured! They did warn me the bleeding may happen sometimes after sex and as long as there is not campy or significant amounts of blood then I should report it but not get too concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->