Anybody else have a "pregnancy meltdown"?

Monzter79

Reaction score
I woke up this AM feeling kind of upset. The other day my step-mom responded to the news of my pregnancy by asking "Were you trying or was it a surprise?". I guess I didn't realize at the time how much it really hurt my feelings. There's far more back story, as always where family is involved. I won't get into it. Suffice to say, no amount of back story qualifies the statement- it just makes it worse actually.

I laughed it off at the time. I tend to just suck things up and then find myself bothered after the fact. It's what I do! Cram it down and then pop off, cram it down and then pop off. I'm working on it though! lol

Since I was upset, I decided I'd leash up my dogs and go for some air but I couldn't find one of my leashes OR my shoes. WTF!!

I ended up calling my husband and going off about things being so disorganized. And I was a total bitch... Which ended in me crying and apologizing, then feeling SO guilty that I got so upset because I know it's not good for the baby. Over something so petty!!

I feel like such a jerk. I don't know what got into me!

I was so excited and happy to be pregnant and I know I shouldn't let one person's comment throw me so far off my center! (which actually pissed me off even more)

Anybody else have a meltdown?? Is this really thanks to hormones?? I was trying to stay calm but I think it would've been easier to stop a freight train!

Please say I'm not alone...

It's the hormones hun. I freak out about the littlest things that don't even matter. My biggest outburst so far happened to my Other Half's Mother's reaction. The look of disgust on her face, I'll never forget and I'm terribly afraid that I'll forever be bitter over it. I'm one to hold grudges....forever. lol.

Just apologize when it happens and try not to dwell too much. Pregnancy makes you crazy, lol. As for your step mom's reaction, it could be curiosity, but I'm thinking it was the way it was said that has you so upset. In any case, it was really none of her business, so getting upset about it isn't silly.

You are so sweet! THANK YOU!

I'm also a keeper of grudges... and a brooder. I brood. Not saying either are amongst my better qualities, but hey- know thyself!

I sure hope I don't have too many more meltdowns like that. Holy macaroni!!!

I'm sorry about your partner's mom. It's joy-sucking when people act like that. Vampires!! ;-)

And for the record- I think asking a woman if she was trying or if it was a "surprise"- is TACKY! SO TACKY!!!!! I put that on the same shelf as "Are you gonna' keep IT?" It's one of those judgment laced statements that just says sooo much more. We need to ban it from dialogue or at least shake 'shame on you' fingers at it! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->